Get BTFO by a declining pocket power in front of your own nose

>get BTFO by a declining pocket power in front of your own nose

that's some Italien tier incompetence

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/11420627/German-army-used-broomsticks-instead-of-guns-during-training.html
m.youtube.com/watch?v=rb0OHA8m_ak
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>declining
The British military was in excellent fighting shape in 1982, highly professional with modern equipment. After all, they were expected to do battle with the Soviet Union if need be.

The British army still is an excellent and modern army. They would still be able to blast any LA country whithout batting an eyelid should they want to.

>The British military was in excellent fighting shape in 1982, highly professional with modern equipment

Ehh, not entirely. We've always got some of the best trained soldiers (Royal Marines etc) but the British army and navy wasn't at its best shape during the 70s and 80s. Our main bomber was the Vulcan, which was built to reach Russia and not for very long distance bombing raids.

If it were repulsing them from taking our islands or maybe one of the midget central american countries, yes. But there's no feasible way we could occupy something the size of Mexico or Brazil.

It was declining in the sense that there were cuts happening and more scheduled to be made, you're absolutely right when you say the UK was expected to do battle with the soviet Union, but that was largely meant to be as a component within a greater alliance rather than anything resembling a 1 on 1 war.

The thing I find impressive about the Falklands war is the logistics, the UK wasn't really in a great position with regard to solo power projection because it wasn't the priority with the Soviet Union being the main threat.

Putting boots on the ground and supplying forces thousands of miles away from home without allies wasn't something the UK military was geared to do, also the Argentine forces, from what I understand, were probably in a better position than than the are now. The air force especially, with the islands being within striking range of the mainland and the UK having to rely on what could fit on and be flown from Hermes and Invincible.

It's easy when you're fighting a bunch of 18 year old conscripts with old rusted WWII rifles.

Yeah really easy when they've covered the island in mines - which are still there. Thankfully the penguins are too light to trigger them.

no, it's 3rd world tier incompetence, and this is a shit tier bait.

>The British military was in excellent fighting shape in 1982
>Army of the Rhine (Crusader 80, Able Archer etc)
Ja
>Falklands Task Force
Nein

>Argentines are like 70% Italians in denial
>Italy is terrible at war; got BTFO by Ethiopia for christ's sake
>Argentina is terrible at war

Woah...

the turds
who does shit like that
poor penguins
Argies are confirmed evil

That's the only lost war we have, and it was against a first world super power...

Not against some rice farmers.

Nigger the British are the second most powerful military in the world.

Third at the time of that war.

We've beaten 2 superpowers in war you shit.

Spain and Britain

Not to mention we beat Imperial Japan, Nazi Germany, and were the primary reason for the fall of the USSR

Lol when did we beat the British?

Are you talking about the time we chimped out over taxes and they decided the thirteen colonies weren't worth the trouble?

quality proxy britshit.

But they surrendered to us. And we also beat them in the War of 1812

>We beat 2 superpowers

>The british in my independence

>And the spaniards in it's declive and worst moment

Nice job m8!

Spain was most definitely not a superpower at the time and France beat Britain on your behalf, although you did do well at Dorchester Heights and on the Saratoga campaign.

You then turned around and lost to Britain in 1812-1814 (though 1813 was a good year for America on land and the Great Lakes) in an attempt to manifest your destiny northward.

I was going by Argentina's logic that UK was a superpower in 1980.

Also War of 1812 was a stalemate at best, both sides accomplished something they wanted, America getting rid of the Brits attacking our merchants, the Brits repelled an invasion

>Spain
>A superpower at the time of the spanish-american war

lol

When the Argies were in control of the islands they prohibited hunting penguins.

I don't think that picture is meant to be taken too seriously m8.

But they were a superpower (still they are)...

are there any significant meaning in those islands anyway?
why did argentina invade them? I don't know much about that war

>UK
>superpower
>2017

in military at least more so than germany
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/11420627/German-army-used-broomsticks-instead-of-guns-during-training.html

Impressement of sailors and trade with France were solved before most of the War of 1812 even started. (They were also totally normal and legal things by the standards of the time, and wartime trade restrictions are still practised today, by America)

Don't fall for 200 year old propaganda that was used by the warhawks to drum up public support. It was a landgrab and it failed, meanwhile parts of the US, namely Eastport, Maine, were under British military occupation until 1817.

The situation of the UK in 1982 is not comparable to Spain in 1898, you wish you fucking burger.

>in military at least more so than germany
where did I claim the opposite

countries like uk, france and even germany are still superpowers. even turkey is a superpower but they're all mostly regional powers

Nukes excluded, the UK is the strongest military power in Europe, followed very closely by France, and then Russia.
After the USA and China, the UK is probably has the 3rd most powerful military on earth contending only with nations like India or Korea due to sheer numbers.

If you count the UK as the entirety of the Commonwealth they are unquestionably the 2nd or 3rd best military on earth.

it is USA >>>>>China>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Russia>UK>France>Germany

Yeah but the Commonwealth has no formal ties, Canada wouldn't be obliged to go to war if Britain were invaded for instance. I'm not even certain if we have an actual military alliance outside of NATO or the 5Eyes and military exercises bits.

Not much, some national pride, if you want to give it a name... Non sense war 2bh.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=rb0OHA8m_ak

I'm talking about how the Brits hired privateers to attack american merchants, not sanctions.

I'm pretty damn sure America doesn't use motherfucking pirates.

Chinese military is at least 20 years behind even Russia. Now a days warfare isn't about manpower.

Pretty much, though I wouldn't put Russia ahead of UK, France, or Germany. Defensively Russia is fine, but they could no more make a landing in the UK than the UK could in Russia. Russia is in a better position resource-wise, but the UK has the entirety of the Commonwealth to call upon for resources (something Canada and Australia have in spades). The UK is also better trained, connected, funded, more modern, etc.

UK before Russia, half of the pinko's equipment must be at least 30 years old, if not older

They wouldn't be obliged but obviously Canada, Australia and New Zealand would pitch in to free the motherland if the UK were fucking invaded

Privateers were the backbone of the American "Navy" for a long time, and they were very good at what they did. Long after great ships like the USS Constitution were stuck behind blockades it was privateers that kept America functioning.

You should learn your history, Americans are top rate seaman and the exploits of the privateers was fascinating.

Also, it was actual pirates, not privateers, that made the victory at New Orléans possible

Military junta desperate to get public support decide to invade some meme islands thinking they'd get away with it.

probably not but if you literally got fucking invaded they'd lend a hand

it would just be another overseas territory if there hadn't been a war in living memory over it

No formal ties to the UK itself, but technically, by Constitution, Her Majesty can still comnand us to war as She sees fit. The strongest ties are cultural and economic though, any major war involving world powers like Russia and the UK would definitely see the Commonwealth siding with Britain.

China only have sheer numbers on their side. Their navy is only a regional power whereas the UK and France can project globally, but not for sustained periods. Of course the UK would never be able to invade China on its own, and China wouldn't be able to get to the UK in any great number without trouble.

I don't think China is interested in US style military hegemony. They much prefer using soft economic power to exert paternalistic influence over the developing world.

Why did the argentines think the brits wouldnt fight back? I mean what's the point of having a military if you don't maintain the integrity of your territory

From what I understand the Argentine government was just desperate to do anything to distract from problems at home.

it was very far away from us