What is the best martial art and why Sup Forums?

What is the best martial art and why Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SGpDVCkhtD4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm partial to krav maga

Wrestling- you can dictate where the fight takes place, against superior strikers you can take them down and against decent grapplers you can keep it standing

>01100110 01110101 0110001(...).gif
Fuck you too op

Wushu

Because it looks cool

Krav Maga is no martial art faggot

this

This

yoga, because its very peacefull and open your chacras. namaste :)

I learned Drunken boxing, its suits me

Krav maga is just a made up fighting method from Israel...

IMO Judo is the best by far.

Ninjutsu, because it's entirely unpredictable and purely based on speed, precision, dexterity and strength.
All other fighting styles can be analyzed and countered due to dogmatic teaching, while the whole point of ninjutsu is not to let that happen.

This is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow your head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?"

The Divine Fist Of The North Star that I've learned.

>What is the best martial art and why Sup Forums?
Oh that would be Bluce Ree, as he was known to his friends.

This

I bet your running with arms waving behind faggot

bartitsu

partial to martial

This guy has never trained in Ninpo.

Since you want true MA, instead of a fighting system, lime krav maga, I'd have to say any koryu jujitsu style. However I'd honestly recommend cross training in kyokushinkai or muay Thai or even boxing just to learn how to fight on your feet. Judo is fantastic but lacks follow through on the ground. BJJ might seem like the way to go, but it's a sport and thus you will train with the sports limitations, which will hamper you in a confrontation. Certain schools of Kenpo are excellent modern day MA's, Genbukan or even Bujinkan ninpo is excellent as well.

The best martial art is the one you're well-trained in. All have their pros and cons. Anyone telling you different is selling something.

Dim Mak

Have any of you actually been to a gym, where the objective isn't about getting badges ?

When chinks be too poor to buy a proper gun, they invent an alphabet soup of kicks and punches.

Belts are just as gay. A very subjective system of ranking.

chow mein

Not chink
I own plenty of guns
Trained in MA going on 25 years now.

The best martial arts will inevitably teach you how to be calm in the face of danger. That one aspect has kept me alive probably more so than the actual techniques I've learned.

The first big question is, do you want a sport to compete in, or do you want to learn to fight? They are very different things.

Then, if you want to learn to fight, in what situations? Going to the ground against 2-5 guys is going to get your skull stomped on, etc

The answer to your question is, we need WAY more information

Western boxing or basic greco/folk/freestyle wresting. They are the best because one is the most basic striking art, and the other is the most basic grappling art. Literally every other martial art is just a branch from them with overlapping moves. From there you can go into muay thai and judo/bjj. Everything else is trash and thats why you only see the above 5 in MMA.

Then it's cultural appropriation. There are white MA's too out there (Fighting Gopak, anyone?)

Stop stealing from us, that doesn't impress our girls, just let it go, dude.

An alternative guide to fighting other dudes:

>Don't be a nigger
>If some dude is bothering you, firebomb his house at night
>Sneak past the yellow tape the night after and steal anything that hasn't burned
>Profit

The main problem with your theory is more along the line of

>try not to fight one dude
>His friend sucker punches you from behind
>now you have 3 dudes kicking you in the teeth
>firebomb unknown house after you get out of the hospital

My shtoyle is unblockable, hahahaha

Snowflake millennial detected. Go back to /pol with that cultural appropriation bullshit; and don't think for a second I don't see you're lame attempt to troll this discussion in to one about race.

In the time I've studied MA, I've found very few structured styles of close quarter combat styles that didn't originate in the east. The further west you go the more difficult it is to find MA with verifiable lineage and documentation.

Meifu Shinkage Ryu

If a top class striker fights against a top class wrestler 100 times, I think the results will be close to 50/50.

A combination of top class boxing/kickboxing and brazilian jiu jitsu would be dangerous. Someone with the ability to move well, an understanding of distance, defensive ability, can punch and kick well with technique and power, good grappling and the ability to choke out/break limbs of the opponent if it comes down to it. That would be a serious killer.

There is no best. Just shit to avoid. Do you want to learn street defense? Ring fighting? Go from there. If I get that answer then I can start to point in some directions.

>thinking any martial art is going to stop me from throwing dirt in you face, and kicking you in the nuts/grabbing your nuts, biting a chunk of your fleshout.That's the problem with martial arts. There are rules. You stoop to my level, and throw dirt in my eyes, ect. too, all your training was for nothing, and ive rendered your martial art pointless.

Dead wrong. There are NO RULES. A good art for defense will teach free from rules. When I learned I was taught to use the environment as everyone else was. We kick in the nuts, bite if we have to, will use a weapon contrary to our creed, will do anything to win. If you aren't taught how to fight dirty an deal with a dirty fighter then you were taught wrong.

In a structured environment maybe. In an every day situation its rare you fight against a single person and even more rare that person wont be armed with some type of weapon. All that in a confined area with people pushing you back together (in the case of a bar fight)

The reality is the only thing a fighting system is good for is creating enough time for you to get to a weapon. The legality of either situation is the same. A punch that kills someone is legally the same as a bullet to their forehead

>boxing n wrestling
>striking n grappling

Basically, every good martial artist has to be taught no rules. If you think fighting dirty with pocket sand will earn you a win then you're an idiot.

Fedora-fu. I've used it to defeat many a m'lady in my day.

Veganism

Veganism is the only true martial art.

Krav Maga, Systema, and LINE are going to be superior to nearly every martial art in just about every real situation you will ever encounter.

cumming inside is the best marital art you faggot

A gun

Question answered in under 1 minute.

youtube.com/watch?v=SGpDVCkhtD4

Veganism

I love how matter of fact and confident he delivers that sentence.

True self defense to protect yourself from other evil human beings in the world, its a gun.

God did not create man equal. Samuel Colt did.

Be honest, you don't care about animals. You just wanted to shoot lasers from your eyes.

MMA answered that question. It's jiu jitsu.

Juden!!

Obviously jiu jitsu. All classic martial arts are almost useless in an actual fist fight but a skilled jiu jitsu practioner can quickly subdue and overpower almost anyone.

guns are just an extension of your penis, and are stopped by protection, so get get a gauss or energy gun

Bujinkan ninjutsu, by far, no rules, use of the surrounding environment, teaches both lethal and non lethal techniques

Kek

That's Chadism

This is the best

>Animals are machines
That's backwards but it's true, everything is everthing else, why worry about life extinguished when nothing can remain dead for long?

Guns
/thread

I don't know how to fight.

You have no idea how stupid you look right now, user.

You know the guy who says "Yeah, math is for faggots" and proudly nods with closed eyes while everyone looks at him, knowing he only says it because he's just way too stupid for math?
Sums this situation up.
You never even heard of what ninjutsu is, man.
Ninjutsu is literally improvising and constantly becoming better in improvising.
I don't look down on other Martial Arts, each of it has a unique advantage and way to fight, I merely stated my opinion on what gives Ninjutsu an advantage compared to other MAs.

Man, I think you're probably right but I'm not nearly as informed about MAs as you are, so what I just read in your post was a bunch of asian words.
With that being said: I respect your expertise, and I think it'd be more of a waste of your time to argue than it would be of mine, because it's basically like playing chess with a pidgeon and I'm tje pidgeon here.

Ninjutsu-user here.
This guy basically sums up why I said Ninjutsu, and you, user, should read into what Ninjutsu is, because you'll love it.
It just gets stereotyped as "Naruto Ninja woo hwua shwing shwong bullshit" while it's actually a Martial Art that... can't really be called a Martial Art because it doesn't have rules or techniques.
Do you know the whole
>you can turn a pencil into a deadlier weapon than a sword, if you do it properly
It comes from Ninjutsu.

>Too much ninja movies

Come to my level anons

Colt M1911

>Ninjutsu == Ninjas
Look, if this is the only thing you can think of:
THIS RIGHT HERE
the
>Ninjustu == Ninjas
Is the retard filter of this thread.
It's like
>you can't split atoms, they're atoms
In a discussion about nuclear physics.
It's the first consensus that has to be established before you can make any further discussion.

GUN FU

Ninjutsu are not practiced by shinobi ?

A shinobi is not a ninja, retard...

>shinobi not a ninja

Suus Mahna
>the martial art of the future

TOP kek

I was about to answer, but I'm not gonna get baited.

So, anyways, since I'm not the most informed, is it correct that Judo is actually only at advantage at the most possible close-range, compared to other MAs?
With the whole emphasis on grappling and throwing it seems to be the only MA that can defy the argument
>watcha gonna do with all those fancy moves when I'm just 5cm/2 inches away from you?