Schweinsteiger arrival in Chicago

>Americans: "W-e don't care about football/soccer, w-we swear"
>Old football player comes to America to retire
>all hell breaks loose, Americans welcome him at the airport and treat him as their messiah

youtube.com/watch?v=e8HeGI4i67Y

what did Americans mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

espnfc.com/major-league-soccer/19/video/3091962
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Americans: "W-e don't care about football/soccer, w-we swear"

youre not taking Sup Forums posts seriously are you?

So you are actually a football nation after all?

Why are Americans on Sup Forums then trying to convince us pretty much everyday on here that you're not?
What is the motivation behind this?

because they're shit

Europeans on Sup Forums (specifically Britbongs and Germs) don't seem to understand that there are about 325 million people in the United States, and that there is more than one sport to follow / be a fan of. There are many soccer fans in the United States, but in terms of percentage of the population, they are comparatively small. We are not a "football nation" in the traditional sense, but the sport has a following the size of some countries.

>be Schweini
>move to USA
>get shot

R.I.P.

>but the sport has a following the size of some countries

Then why are you still so (relatively) bad at it?

We need mo money fo dem programs

Is this just unironic shitposting?

The US has over 300 million people in it. Soccer is nowhere near the most popular sport here, but that still means there are millions of fans.

Because if you're good at sport you're going to play something where there's money to be made.
The same goes for Australia and New Zealand.

do you know how many (literal) faggot hipsters there are in chicago? A cubs hat is a strong indication

I actually like soccer and am a whos fan. Always rep Chicago teams except the cubes, fuck'em

>taking Sup Forums seriously
>taking Sup Forums seriously
This entire board is about taking the piss out of each other. I know Germans don't have a sense of humor, but surely you can't be this oblivious to shitposting wars.
As far as soccer goes, I never even cared about it until I started posting on Sup Forums. Sunday morning bundes is fun

We like our shitty club here

America is filled with mexicans and other foreigners

They asked him if he can help chicago win the world cup

Hope he puts one inside Anna before he does. Would be a shame if he didn't left a successor behind.

Was it on the local news? How big was the crowd?

Never heard of this person. Only soccer players I know of are Becham and that homosexual one with the test tube babies? Christopher Ronaldo?

the USA will be in the WC quarters within the next 3 WC's

cap it

it's a large city, there's obviously going to be a few hundred people interested enough to become a camera mob around him

Here's a video of an american journalist askin gSchweini if Chicago can win the world cup now

espnfc.com/major-league-soccer/19/video/3091962

jej

>Schweinsteiger is considered old and washed up now.

>I was born the same year as him.

That's why they want to convince you their not bothered about it because U!S!A! Cringe, an they don't want to be considered shit at it.

Excluding world cup season, the MSM does not give a shit about soccer and that applies to MLS.

Still, there's a dedicated soccer media here made up of a couple ESPN analysts and former USA players for the few million that do watch the sport in this country. We're a country of 320 million so even if 1% watch soccer, thats like the population of Uruguay right there.

I didn't even know this was happening. I like Schweinstager from playing FIFA 12/13 hoofball with le cut inside man, he always made the best passes

Probably paid shills from the team.

Same reason we are so bad at esports.

No history, no infrastructure, no future or money in it. No one considers it to be a legitmate option.

this thread happens more than once weekly now so let's just lay down the major points

>little to no cultural history of competitive soccer compared to our major sports
>popular among youth, but people tend to move onto or focus on other sports as they older
>less mainstream media coverage of it
>less money to be made in it
>we're not that good it
>soccer fans in the US and in the rest of the world acknowledge MLS is a retirement league
>different monetization/advertisement schemes compared to mainstream US sports

did i miss anything?

Not surprising given how my uncle once asked me if the CL Final was like a qualifier for the world cup

I'm sure a question about our football over there would produce a similar reaction here

please watch our sports

but actually, if you bandwagon and shitpost 95% of burger posters on here and helpful and receptive. at least shitpost with us this saturday for the semifinal of march madness and the final on monday.

I will never understand why fellow Americans actually respond seriously to these threads as all they prove is that the entire field of statistics is something alien to Europeans.

so funny, that arrival was like 75% "media" and 25% my great-grandparent is german, schweini ist die deutschland fussballgott/my favorite team ist die 1. FC Koln and actual chicago fire fans

Almost as alien as an organic culture is to your entire continent.

>e-"""""""""""""""""""""""""sports""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Eastern conference teams are THIS desperate to keep up with Atlanta

probably the muh german heritage crowd

Good thread

This

There's money in Europe and even MLS if you're a level below

>whaaaaaat Americans love football?
No, but there are so many people within the country.
It's why we can have 4 major leagues along with other sports. The reason the US isn't a great national team is because well, it takes decades before a program can generate success. The most popular sports overall in Russia, Africa, Asia are soccer, so why aren't they dominant?
Probably because the programs really haven't had time to mature.
If the most popular sport within the US was soccer, then the US would already have won a world cup.

What did he mean by this?

We love the Schwenis!

Great to celebrate MEIN HERITAGE with you my fellow Germanic person.

Unironically this.

Schweiny was born old and washed up

Ah yes, nothing better than wearing your who's hat around town before you get shot by Jamal/ go to the steel factory in Gary

Our youth training is medieval. We have great athletes (fast, fit, good tacklers, etc) but most of our players lack technical ability.

That's why I'm so glad we're getting more players like Pulisic coming up through European club academies.

inb4 chicago wins a World Cup XD

>my favorite team ist die 1. FC Koln
good

*good taste

I wonder if mlels is really a good destination for old euro footballers, amerilard players while completely shit must be in good shape and with lots of physical training while the euro oldfags are usually in horrible shape, injury-ridden and semi retired

Fuck off yuros

me on the right

The one thing i'm yet to get about this pic is why there those few yet vocal ameriautists who take Euro opinions seriously enough to actually feel the need to explain themselves. Why are MLShits such cucks?

>So you are actually a football nation after all?

No, we aren't

And it's "Don't take Le4chan seriously."

Men's national team games have struggled to beat Women's fuckin' softball in the television ratings.

The latest Men's national team match was on some who network called Bein. EPL ratings draw about 400K viewers on average, which is roughly the same number as something like late night replays of Women's golf.

As for the OP, it's Chicago. A lot of hipsters and offspring of German immigrants. Not hard to find 100 of those to come out in support of some Kraut divegrass player in a city of that size.

>And it's "Don't take Le4chan seriously."

*And it's not "Don't take Le4chan seriously."

i'm taking your mom seriously
it has a following the size of your mom
i need more money for your mom
there are millions of fans of your mom
as many faggots as the crabs of your mom
i actually like your mom
i'm taking your mom seriously
we like your mom too
it's also filled with your mom
not bigger than your mom
your mom is cristiano ronaldo
a few hundred people are interested in your mom
i have things to reveal about your mom
he's less washed up than your mom though
the population of uruguay wants to shag your mom, how about that
your mom is a shill and she does it for free
your mom is a legitimate option to me
yes, you missed your mom
your mom is a qualifier for the mom world cup
i'd rather watch your mom
rumour says i'm not alien to your mom
your great-grandparent is your mom
not as desperate as your mom
tell us more about your mom
americans do love your mom, and she had time to mature
we love your mom too
can we celebrate your mom?
your mom is unironically unironical
i heard your mom will get cumshot by jamal, what's your opinion
less medieval than your mom m8
i wanted to say something about your mom but it's tedious now
your mom took my dick seriously, why wouldn't she take my opinion the same way
your mom will lick my soft balls lol
don't take le your mom maymay lol ebin

i hope i didn't miss any american post itt because it was a lot of work answering to each of you, pls subscribe and include me in the reddit screencap trololol

My uncle only watches the Premier League now. Is it any good?

all me btw