We are never getting a proper videogame

>We are never getting a proper videogame.
Why live?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Od08u4stsk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_Shrouded_in_Shadow
youtu.be/YCooUOkVqfs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I just finished all the episodes to this.

>complaining about no good games when they won't even finish the movie retelling

I wish that I could turn back time

There's literally nothing good about this anime. Why do people like it?

how would you even make this into a decent game anyway while staying true to the show?

Watch the movie now

After 3.0 its better this way.

i know the guilt is all mine

Not OP but maybe something like Naruto UNS.

Like FF7, you had to been a kid/teen back then to really enjoy it

You'll never know, unless you keep moving forward.

Can't live without

because you have retards that think 4 eps where the characters are depressed is the whole show instead of it being zany robots fight big monster of the week shenanigans.

the trust from those you love

Wrong. It gets better every time you watch it.

I know

I watched it earlier this year (im 22) and thought it was amazing for multiple reasons.
I suppose to really enjoy it you must have went through some sort of depression yourself

I know I've let you down

>what is Steel Battalion/Tekki?

>there have been several proper video games

You're such a faget user-kun

Visual novels don't count.

I don't like visual novels generally, but Mana was pretty good.

>tfw no removed the censorship from this yet

W-What's the source of those pics?

google human instrumentality project hentai

>Mari 0.1
>Pretty good
user, please.

I believe the name is humanity salvation project, a really bad 90's hentai

Well the quality looks astounding, i first thought they were actual EVA screenshots.

Why would you want that. It's like saying
>I'd sure love a game based on Rear Window

You dont want a game.

There are no good mecha games.

>literally nothing good
why do faggots talk like this

>what is Zone of the Enders 2

I went through depression myself and found it pretty lacking. I understand what they were going for but its execution was mediocre.

A wave based alien invasion game. You pick a character and then aliens start invading. You have to avoid damage and stress while killing them before they can dig to lilith. Between fights you can upgrade your robot, add more weapon lockers and other stuff. Throughout the map there are power cords. An important part of the game is making sure your power cord isnt caught on something while moving and replacing it if you lose it, since if your battery runs dry you cant move until a buddy reconnects you. Boss waves are the angels.

>thinkin eva is good
>lazy writing 100% focus on setting up premise
>no execution
>monster of the week
>ending is cut content
>literally admits they ran out of money

fans of this show are worse than feminists

You fuckups

Yeah, that's why rebuilds are a thing.

I honestly wouldnt care if Rebuild never finished.

I liked the ending better than EoE fite me

I'm curious where Anno is going with it but I don't expect it to be great. 3.0 was trash for the most part (except for the music) but he gets points for actually innovating on the formula in a few ways.

They didn't actually run out of money because they blew their budget. Sponsors pulled out/cut back their funding because of a particularly violent episode near the end of the series.

I know people like to give it credit for "being different" but honestly it's so drastically different and lacking so many things from the original series I find it hard to give it much credit at all. Especially Mark 6 doing fuck all.

What were they thinking?

>>>monster of the week
I wish it was just this. The high quality art and shinji manning up wouldve made it for me.

there were:
youtube.com/watch?v=6Od08u4stsk

I think an Eva game would work if it was something like persona, where your relationship levels with your fellow pilots and other NERV staff would affect your ability to perform in combat

>wanting an Eva video game
>wanting an Eva video game in [current year]
You think you do but you don't.

>Turn-based tactics with a full 3D, destructible environment.
>Have to plan moves around the collision and range of the umbilical to prevent it detaching, movement preview shows how confirming a move will effect the umbilical with a ghost image.
>Lots of melee options such as pushing the enemy, charging them, ect to allow you to take full advantage of the city environment by ramming them through buildings, ground-and-pounding them, and using a variety of deployed and improvised melee weapons.
>Player gets an 'EVA Turn' where they issue orders to the evas, and a 'NERV turn' where they can raise and lower buildings, deploy weapons and new umbilical plugs, or drop N2 mines and air support if fighting outside Tokyo-3. New evas can also be deployed during this turn if they are deploying mid-battle.
>A single angel fight can be spread over multiple missions, IE, engaging it by intercepting it, damaging it but having to fall back, and then defending your city against it in the next mission.
>Have to manage upgrading and working on the eva's themselves alongside the mental condition of the pilots and their synch rates with each individual eva. As a general rule each mission will fuck your pilot up more so you want to use your best pilot and eva as sparingly as possible, or do things like deploy a different pilot with a lower synch rate in your good eva.
>Canon mode where you play through the plot, and sandbox mode where you create custom pilots and evas, and have much more freedom in how you spend money to upgrade your evas, the weapons and armours you have to equip them with, and Tokyo-3 itself. Sandbox mode includes cut/planned/concept art based angels and a randomized order for them, along with an endless mode where the same angels can appear again and the game just keeps going instead of you winning after 12 missions.
>MP mode where the two players control two different countries and take turns attacking one another's cities.
Would you play it, Sup Forums?

Everything sounds awesome except for the turn base aspect.

The entire school is composed of EVA candidates so I guess it could work.

kanji is annoying though, will cockblock you in the misato Slink and you have to wean asuka of his cock

Pretty sure constantly yanking your own umbilical trying to move around in realtime without the chance to consider each move would get frustrating fast, and quite a few angels would have abilities that wouldn't exactly make for a fun fight in realtime.

I thought the anime was okay but you need to watch it so that the movie hits way deep.

Except keeping the powercord would be cool as fuck. I mean, you can just add a button that makes you pop it out immediately and you then have 5 minutes to get plugged in again. Also if you play coop you can help eachother keep track of it. The mechanic would be rad as fuck.

Just play RAD if you haven't yet. It's close enough.

True, I suppose. Could actually work pretty well as a VR game, come to thing of it. One of you physically grabbing and plugging in a new umbilical for your partner while the other holds the angel off with time ticking down. If you run out of time and power down, every time you squeeze the triggers has a slim chance to send you berserk so you're just sitting there spamming it while your ally gets trashed alone hoping you'll get lucky and the eva will get up again. There'd be much less freedom to something like that though, you'd basically just get the story angels and fight them exactly the same way they do in the anime/movie, you wouldn't have the option to try and figure out other ways of taking them on, or being forced to do so by circumstance.

The only thing that kept it from becoming another shonenish franchise.

what an ironic post

The last video game mecha you controlled has to battle all 3 EVAs

How fucked are the EVAs?

It's being made now

pvp shooter where you have 1 team of angel EVAs and 1 team of NERV evas. Angel evas have berzerk and other special powers but NERV evas can raise and lower shields and buildings.

>Gatling guns
What's the point of piloting an EVA if I can't rip and tear? Looks like the EVA's control like typical mechs in that image.

>Rebuild
[Image of a disappointed Shinji staring balefully over his cup of coffee]

Three giant humans in armor with box cutters for weapons fighting a super tank that can have enough fire power to one shot a planet destroying monster well over 10 times.

good taste

Last mecha game I played was AC:FA, and NEXTS are just ridiculously powerful compared to EVA's. But it'd be a stalemate. A NEXT can't get through the EVA's AT field. An EVA can't fly or move at anything even close to NEXT speeds and it could just retreat instantly to recharge every time they manage to score a hit on it's PA. Hell, the EVA's are probably even immune to the radiation poisoning NEXT's pollute the area with.

>VR Arcade game
Welp. I'm expecting 13 Sentinels to have a bit of an evangelion experience

but the rebuilds are worse

Or MP EVA's. Regeneration and unlimited power but limited to melee combat and throwing their spear and having to recover it, vs limited power but having the whole city and variable equipment including guns and their own melee weapons. Would still probably be more rock-em-sock-em robots then shooting, so I wouldn't call it a PVP shooter.

Interesting. Any word on melee combat or how the AT field stuff will work?

>Ayanami Raising Project
>you more or less cuck Shinji

Japan just released a kaiju game where you play a normie furing a Godzilla style attack. Eva 01 and the 3rd angel are both possible kaijus that can appear. Gamera, Ultraman, Godzilla and a few others are in too

Isnt there a jap game in the makinf about escaping a city being destroyed by famous monsters, including Eva stuff?

Yes, that came out about a week ago
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_Shrouded_in_Shadow

Same game?

Don't get why people shit on 3.0 or the rebuilds in general. If you take the as alternate universe shenanigans and not a 100% faithful retelling of Eva they're fine.

idk man I played some shitty tactics game that used eva units back in the day

There's a reason the blood stripe from EoE is on the moon in rebuild. And Shinji's tape player is playing a different track every time in both...

People wanted TV remake, but it's just the TV series done worse in every way. 3.33 is the best movie because it's just so different. It's enjoyable as a cluster fuck as opposed to a cheap knock off.

why is asuka her design so perfect. Why is the school uniform so perfect

end of TV is good but EoE is two hours of some of the best animation produced by mankind

It feels like Anno´s never gonna get the "otakus grrr" out of his system. He´s always gonna keep dropping any levity for the sake of more and more mean spirited tracts.

I don´t give a fuck if it´s missing the point, but I want the sequel to the 2.22 we saw, no the one Anno thinks people "deserve".

AT Field lul get rekt

The Evangelions PS2 game is pretty decent. Randomized angel order and events, multiple endings, the ability to play as Pen-Pen. What else do you need?

>best animation produced by mankind
>1 layer shading

Characters manage to be somewhat likable despite being ultimately shitty people. Most people just want to fuck Rei and/or Asuka, though

Oh shit I remember this. I never had the actual game but I had a demo disc that had the demo of it and I played the hell out of it. I loved the analogue combat.

because Sadamoto is a God

A translation patch, to begin with.

A good game.

t. otaking

Yeah the Skells already defeated a robot capable of tearing through a barrier like that. It's not like an AT Field is Light Hawk Wings

We got Super Robot Wars. That counts, right?

youtu.be/YCooUOkVqfs

I don't get how it's "so different" when the meat of the movie is just treading the same path as episode 24, Shinji even ends up in the same state.

I feel he couldve done more with reis design. Maybe because it has been copied so often but it feels less distinctive. Asuka's twin hairpin is like instant recognizion.

NGE+EOE, Perfect Blue, Akira, and Redline are the only good animes.

>not kaiji

I'll take pretentious tastes for $300 Alex

Anything more would just be visual clutter.

It's giant fucking robots that are actually lobotomized monsters beating up aliens with the atmosphere of a futuristic Dark Souls, what the fuck is not to love?

if you enjoyed those films, consider checking out:
>Princess Mononoke
>Jin-Roh The Wolf Brigade
>Tokyo Godfathers

>liking good films is pretentious