Godly games thread

Godly games thread.
Post the games which touched your heart.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EVdWq7yR7J0
youtube.com/watch?v=0lcMzNKMiHo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

honey select

Halo Reach for me. I played it so much I became a Forerunner (3'rd highest rank in the game).

this game has about as much replayabilty as tetris

Halo 2 is my number one game

3 had the best multiplayer

Mid tier cover shooter. Dat story tho

i miss this game so much pre-NGE ofc

MW 2 series and all the expansions = epixxxx

Reach was trash. Ruined by jump height and AR spray.
Only good part was headhunter

i played the shit out of that game, so good

Battlefront 2. the REAL one

My nigha i used to blaze and play reach local with the homies using randomized starting weapons it was dope

Multiplayer on 3 was easy as fuck because there were so many little kids and faggots who never played the first two and only bought the third because the series had become popular.

>powerups
>assassinations
>Grifball

>trash
Choose 1.

Series was popular since day one. 3 was just the peak of popularity.

IDKFA
IDDQD
IDCLIP

Never lost.

Fucking white phosphorus.

Star Wars: Republic Commando

I played reach a good bit but honestly I had the most fun with it when it was in beta. The halo reach beta was fucking tight.

>powerups
3 had them too in the form of consumables.
>assassinations
Cool the first few times you do them. Horrible for competitive play as you can get killed during your assassination animation and the person you were trying to assassinate can survive because of this.
>Grifball
3 had this. In fact, it was invented in 3.

This game was very fun. Too bad it didn't last.

Backflipping 'copters in this game

top 5 is easily
New Vegas
Arkham City
Battlefront 2
CoD4MW
Injustice 2

Halo was an amazing game and I was truly godly at it, but Halo 2 took me to a whole 'nother level. The best game I ever had was in a big team battle where I went 58 and 3. The rest of my team couldn't get a damn thing done because I was on the front lines killing the shit out of everyone, and when they finally caught up to me they were running the wrong direction because the enemy was already spawning on the other side of the map.

There was a night where some friends convinced me to do magic mushrooms with them, and I took a rather low dose but I was feeling them pretty hard. I jumped on the sticks to play some Halo 2 and it was weird. It felt like my fingers were spaghetti, like I was drunk driving but my dude on the screen was making every move perfectly. It was like I could see the matrix, sort of. I would see a bunch of people running around on the screen, and if I looked elsewhere I still had a mental projection of the map in my periphery where the enemies were running or making moves based on my best guess of what they would be doing, and when I looked back at them on screen my projections were usually correct. I saw a guy in a sniping position and I was able to run down a long hallway while keeping the crosshair on where his head should be and when I popped out the other side the crosshair was on his head and I instantly brained him. I felt like I could manipulate the other players with a little gentle prodding, and lead their attention toward each other and off of myself, and in this manner I played a perfect game of king of the hill where I didn't die once and I got all the time. Afterward I boned one of my buddy's female roommates. It was a helluva night.

WoW, vanilla through WotLK. I've tried later xpacs and other MMORPGs, nothing comes close

youtube.com/watch?v=EVdWq7yR7J0

GET ON MY LEVEL, PLEBS.

Rift was okay. I also played WoW for the same time as you. I jumped in one more time after Warlords. It's just a garbage game now. Too much shit. Too confusing on where to go/be. Old useless shit is still in the game for some reason. Can do fucking dungeons with 3 people. Pay to play now. It's just fucked.

Low Budget, Innovative mechanics, fucking awesome story and lore.

Well, shows how much I know about history. I do like Reach's powerups better because you always had one. The jetpack was so fun.
>inb4 the vertical pad thing was the same concept
You can only deploy it to one spot as opposed to always having it with you.

>New Vegas
Overrated as fuck, but decent.
>Arkham City
Trash.
>Battlefront 2
Good.
>CoD4MW
Good, but MW2 is objectively better.
>Injustice 2
Complete trash.

Kek, that game fucking sucked.

I liked how you could break shit in that game, I'd just sit there like an autist for hours and smack shit with the sledge hammer

this and star craft/warcraft 3 really brought me into gaming

Anyone else finna say Battletoads?

Mega Man Legends 1 + 2
Armored Core (damn near all titles inclusive)
Phantasy Star IV
Terraria

You do realize that your opinion on someone else's opinion doesn't mean shit objectively, right?

>MW2 is objectively better

Watch out for those wrist rockets! *proceeds to be destroyed by wrist rockets

Wow youre a total faggot! i bet your top 3 are
GTA (theyre all garbage)
Minekraft
Five Fucks at Freddy's

I have found the biggest autist on Sup Forums niggers

Also

>New Vegas
really nice story line
>Arkham City
crap
>Battlefront 2
crap. play jedi knight 2 faggot
>CoD4MW
nice!
>Injustice 2
this fucking game. I hate the whole IP. this fucking injustice shit even ruined mortal kombat x. fucking interactive maps. hate it

1. Skyrim
2. Fallout 3
3. Kingdom Hearts 2
4. Halo 2
5. It's probably just nostalgia talking but Runescape

So fucking good.

This one need a remake. Same with Black

I'll bite. inb4 "It's not even the best in the series" - it's one of the best, so hush

Okay fuck everyone whom jacks off on Battlefront 2005. it wasn't that good. Battlefront EA didn't have tons of content cause it didn't need it. the immersion was spectacular and thats the entire point. The BF2005 graphics sucked even for the time, BF2015 is way better and thats from a technical POV. My dad works for a video game company and we agree on that BF2015 is better

>but MW2 is objectively better.

Objectively it's garbage compared to 4
>clusterfuck of a story
>Uses a plot twist similar to 4's twice
>extremely imbalanced multiplayer
Despite having it from launch, I remember going back and playing either cod4 or halo 3 more than I did it.

MW2 was/is trash... but it sure is nice looking compared to the more modern releases, but I think that just says more about those games than it does MW2.

>1. Skyrim
Fucking garbage, but the atmosphere is cozy.
>2. Fallout 3
Better than Skyrim. Not bad.
>3. Kingdom Hearts 2
Fucking shit.
>4. Halo 2
3 is objectively better.
>5. It's probably just nostalgia talking but Runescape
Good game.

To be fair the only cods to have a bearable story are 4, 2, and WAW. and WAW's is only interesting because they ripped the whole euro story off of Enemy at our Gates. The Marines in WWII is impossible to make boring. MW2 was a very good game, but 4 was more innovative and imo more fun to play nowadays

Halo 2 is my all time favorite too.
My second favorite is Super Mario World GBA

>extremely imbalanced multiplayer
This is why it was objectively better, though. There were so many builds that were viable because everything was OP.
Knife+SMG combo
Noob Tube
Double shotties (before they were nerfed into the ground)
2 P90s
Shield builds which negated 1 shot bullshit with snipers
Those are just a few off the top of my head. There are no unique builds in MW. There is nothing that makes MW better than MW2 other than your nostalgia.
>story
fucking rofl my dude kill yourself. This is COD. No one plays for the single player unless you're an autist.

this one and gothic 1&2

Hard B8orade

> gunz
> 2007
> hacking

good times

Whos the fucking gman?

Story and soundtrack both are good but gameplay is almost as bad as in gta 4.

nigga he's 100% right youre the faggot here
minus that MW@ garbage

DUDE WEED LMAO
U
D
E

W
E
E
D

L
M
A
O

The sequel is pretty good, too. It depicts a near-perfect version of the United States, Jews are all gone, niggers rounded up and put in labor camps, not a mexican or a mudslime anywhere to be seen.

2017 GOTY coming through

>immersion

Only games that need immersion are single player games and even then only horror games need to really ever nail this well. You want immersion? Go outside faggot. Life is complete immersion. You don't need immersion for your 2D screen. Battlefront 2 destroys EAfront.

best spyro spyro 2

I cringed hard at this.

fuck yeah my boy
MWO is lit too

You looking forward to Remake? Or do you think it will suck? I'm cautiously optimistic, myself.

halo 2 sucks, halo 1 was the only good game in the series

Huh....
So that’s what autism looks like in text form.

STFU you dony play games to live outside, also i do i play softbal but EAfront is waay better and BF2005 graphics suck and the prequels are gay.

Damn fucking right, people have been playing that shit for decades.

bro get on nostalrius, they've been doing a faithful patch-by-patch vanilla timeline. I think theyre gonna start BC soon

>play game
>corridor of death with burnt corpses
>probably gasoline or napalm
>progress forward
>white phosphorus
>WHITE PHOSPHORUS
>EVEN MOST DOCUMENTS DON'T MENTION THIS NASTY SHIT
>HOW THE FUCK THERE IS WP IN VIDEO GAME

>later in game
>only way getting through is with wp
>use it
>oh
>I accidentally all the civilians
Overrated scene

Game is still one of my all time favorites and that soundtrack is one of best I have ever heard.
youtube.com/watch?v=0lcMzNKMiHo

Did your dumb nerds even actually read my post? It would be cringe if I agreed with that fag that games need to be as immersive as possible. I told him go outside not to play games you dumb asses but to actually live his life if he wants immersion. Games are meant to be cheap fun entertainment. Not life altering experiences like those numale cucks would have people believe.

So yes fags. Battlefront 2 > EAfront because content and fun factor are what is more important for games. Not immersion

Whoa, are you me? I think this game unironically made me less of a little shit when I was a kid. (1980fag here)

Cringe, the post

this tbh

>My dad works for a video game company and we agree on that BF2015 is better

does he do bejeweled or something

>having a life outside of games is cringe

>overrated

samefag

Wrong.

DIABLO 2