Post your watch continued

Post your watch continued...

This is mine. 3-year EDC casio illuminator. Beautiful little thing

Damn, I was replying to the other watch thread but it got 404'ed.

I don't like G-Shock nor digital watches (OP opened a thread about watches with a G-Shock) but I respect them. How does the battery works? Can you recharge it as a phone? Reliability of batteries?

My Xperia is from 2012 and still works fine so I guess batteries now last for a lot recharge-discharge* cycles? (*English isn't my mother language, I don't know if you guys say it as that).

Btw, does anyone know how old this watch can be?

1/4

2/4

4/4

About to buy the non chrono automatic. How do you like yours?

I've never had to change the batteries in the ones I own so reliability is good. The operate on standard watch batteries not rechargeable.

Could be 19th century.

bow down you fucking monkeys

eh

I see.

For how long do they last?

Wow, really? I was hoping it'd be at least from 1950.

I love it, but it's a pain in the ass since I have to wear it everyday for it to not stop running.

You should definitely not be exposing the movement to dust and shit like that

5 years

Why not buying rotomat?

Yeah, I know, I don't wind it for that reason (it works though) just in case the oil and dust may damage the movement after decades stored in a box. But before sending it to one of those watch artisans I found in Google from my city I wanted to know more about the watch. Once I service I won't definitely open the case of course!

I know it's a shit watch but I've grown in love with it. Knowing it's been in the family for years is nice, but wish I knew the full story of it, who used it exactly and since when. If it's from the 19th century as other user said that's awesome even if it doesn't have an economic value!

Wow, fairly a lot.

19th century is the 1800s. From what I can find yours can be from 1880 till 1940.

Thanks, good to know.

Did you take that pic with a potatoe?