Okay guys hear me out. imagine dungeon synth...

okay guys hear me out. imagine dungeon synth, but played in the style of modern vaporwave composers like OPN and newer James Ferraro.

i've been toying with the idea and this is something that i came up with. clyp.it/zqnk10md

any thoughts or feedback are greatly appreciated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=td-e4i2BL_Q
clyp.it/zqnk10md
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I like it and v appropriate pic

Wow, I'm enjoying this shit, good job user, I like the background chorus, if anything just use a piano sound that sounds more like an organ because I think it would work better

bump

i know it's kinda lame to post your own stuff and ask for feedback so lets open this up for more discussion. what do you guys think about the concept in general? dungeon synth is typically focused on recreating medieval music but does it have to be?

the main idea behind it is "fantasy music" why should the idea of fantasy be limited to traditional medieval settings? i would love to see the genre embrace the present and the future as well as the past.

hey thanks guys i'm glad you're into it. when you say use a piano that sounds like an organ what did you have in mind? do you mean instead of the strings or instead of the choir?

I meant instead of the strings, the choir is great as it is

got it. i'll definitely give that a try and see how it sounds. thanks for the input user

one more bump before bed. goodnight mu

man I've been toying around with a similar idea for a while but never got around to actually making it. Good to see other people doing stuff like this

not at all unpleasant, but actually maybe a little too pleasant

>but never got around to actually making it
you should do it user. i'm curious to hear other people's interpretations

>maybe a little too pleasant
haha yeah that's definitely one of the more upbeat ds song's i've made. i've done a lot of doom and gloom stuff too and if i end up releasing this song on an album i'll probably try to balance it out with some more properly dark sounding stuff.

thanks for the feedback tho

When can we expect the album?

I don't think I've seen a thread this genuine and shitpost-free in a long time.

get filtered grimesfag

i'm not sure but probably not for a while desu. it depends how much time i can put towards it once my new job starts. i've got like 3ish songs done so far.

cheers

kek

Bumping for interest.

This is a pretty swell idea, user.
This got me interested in making some kind of future-fantasy stuff myself.

>future-fantasy stuff
not dungeon synth at all but this definitely came to mind when you said that
youtube.com/watch?v=td-e4i2BL_Q

actually now that i think about it, the introduction definitely shares some similarities with ds

>clyp.it/zqnk10md
Just a personal thing I hate the string preset sound, beyond that I think the piece could use a bit of rhythmic and harmonic development. Overall not bad.

Holy Shit I had no idea this genre existed. I've just started playing Daggerfall again too.