Its good

Its good

come on dude, everyone knows the only good Beatles song is Twist and Shout

it's, dare I say it, the best Beatles album

Agreed. in before the haters that haven't given them an honest listen.

people don't like pepper?

You're about an album off my friend

ya

It's not even the best Beatles album released that year

Imagine MMT/Pepper/Half of Yellow Sub as the ultimate psychedelic double album. How would you order it? All I know is Sgt Pepper is track 1, Sgt Pepper reprise is penultimate, and a Day in the Life to Finish of course.

But not that good

Fucking mindblowing run man. Shame they couldn't last another year or two and release another killer double album. But definitely more ideal than continuing and diluting their catalogues like the Rolling Stones or Beach Boys or hell pretty much every other 60s/70s band did.

1. Sgt. Pepper's
2. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
3. With A Little Help From My Friends
4. Only A Northern Song
5. Getting Better
6. Good Morning Good Morning
7. Fixing A Hole
8. She's Leaving Home
9. For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite
10. When I'm Sixty Four
11. Lovely Rita
12. It's All Too Much
13. Hey Bulldog
14. Yellow Submarine
15. Magical Mystery Tour
16. The Fool On The Hill
17. Flying
18. Blue Jay Way
19. Your Mother Should Know
20. I Am The Walrus
21. Hello, Goodbye
22. Strawberry Fields Forever
23. Penny Lane
24. Baby, You're A Rich Man
25. All Together Now
26. All You Need Is Love
27. Sgt. Pepper's Reprise
28. A Day In The Life

I'm going to try this out. Alhough Little Help should be track 2 because Sgt Pepper plays into it I forgot about that

I switched that and LSD on accident that's a vital transition. God I love that initial three song streak on Sgt. Pepper's.. shame it's a bit of a mess after those

Middle section of pepper is my favorite actually. Within You Without You, Lovely Rita, Good Morning, My Kite. Love those

Really? I love Good Morning, WYWY and Lovely Rita and Mr. Kite is solid but I feel the album is more scattered and not quite as freely psychedelic as Revolver and MMT... still a phenomenal effort and undoubtedly one of the most important of the genre, though. Getting Better and When I'm Sixty Four are a little weak in comparison to the rest.

When I'm Sixty Four is probably the weakest track. That kind of whimsiness would have been suited for Magical Mystery Tour

I felt it didn't belong anywhere near the psychedelic era, but to each his or her own.

I still wish they had included 'Rain' on one of their full length releases, that song is absolutely transcendent... What are your favorite Beatles songs? Any underappreciated gems you enjoy?

only good song on the album

Most of my favorite Beatle songs are the less popular ones because once you've heard the most popular ones a hundred damn times you wanna dive into the deep cuts more often. Underappreciated gems I enjoy:

There's a Place
Thank You Girl
All I've Got to Do
And I Love Her
I Should Have Known Better
Tell Me Why
I'm a Loser
I'll Follow the Sun
I Need You
You're Going to Lose that Girl
Tell Me What You See
Wait
I'm Only Sleeping
Lovely Rita
Rocky Raccoon
I've Got a Feeling
Don't Let Me Down

I love Beatlemania incase you hadn't noticed. Help is tied with Revolver and White Album as my favorites. I can never pick, it just depends on my mood. Right now I would say Help

You?

Oh I forgot She's a Woman. I adore the way Paul sings on that.

silky user that's a tight list my favorites are

Rocky Raccoon
The Inner Light
It's All Too Much
Hey Bulldog
I'm So Tired
Helter Skelter
Dear Prudence
She Said She Said
Blue Jay Way
Rain
Blackbird
Revolution 9
Help!
I'm Only Sleeping
Lovely Rita
Magical Mystery Tour
If I Needed Someone
Ticket To Ride
No Reply
Strawberry Fields Forever
Flying
etcetcetc

really, though -- has any band ever achieved such an impeccable streak as the Beatles from '65 forward?

my favorite of their albums are The White Album, Help!, Revolver and MMT however I feel all of their projects have at least something to cherish

Good list brother.
>has any band ever achieved such an impeccable streak as the Beatles from '65 forward?
Not even close and it'll probably never happen. Imagine being alive at that time and having those masterpieces put out once or twice every year, never knowing quite what they were going to do next ?

Still haven't heard the 50th anniversary edition yet, but I've heard good things.

I still think the mono version is better, especially Getting Better.

I honestly think is their best album, I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic but I'm not.

obviously
I used to think that too
Now I think Abbey Road is their best
contrarians

I appreciate that friend, and it's beyond my wildest imagination, honestly. It must've been incredibly exciting, though there's no way for me to truly know what it was like living in their time

How can you say mono is better while admitting you haven't heard the remix? Do yourself a favor and listen to it pronto. It's excellent. I was a mono purist until hearing it.

Where is within you without you?

I realized I forgot that as well.... I really did slap that together didn't I

Where should it go

Listen to the remix, it's actually really great.

At least I admit that I haven't heard it.
As soon as I get some money, I'll buy it, but for now I'm happy with the mono version. Maybe I'll like the 50th anniversary edition. I heard George Martin's son did some good things with the mix.

You know there are ways now to listen to music without paying for it

Honestly I really like how it flows from Being for the benefit of mr kite to wywy but I don't know.
Also, I would say that SFF and Penny Laine should be in the middle of the original Pepper, like WYWY to SFF to Penny Lane and then when I'm 64, but that's only how I picture it.

Get a Free Spotify account and listen to it there, you'll get ads but is worth it.

I still like to by C.D.s. I'm not really into listening to music over the internet, but I'll take your advice into consideration.

Listening to a CD and a digital file is functionally the same experience. I have 3800 albums in my library, imagine if I paid for each one? Ludicrous.

See

I like to collect albums and C.D.s

I was just saying so you could listen to it like right now if you wanted to but yeah, I respect that people like to collect stuff, I actually bought the record on vinyl.

Fair enough.

If I upload the Pepper remix to mega will you download it ?

Yoko and Olivia are going to skin you alive senpai. (I'm not the guy that hadn't heard it, in just shitposting).

I probably would, but I'd still go out and buy the deluxe edition because, as I said, I like to collect records and C.D.s

I mean you could upload it, and I could down load it, but then I wouldn't have all the goodies that come with the packaging. (We are speaking hypothetically, of course)

Well in that case I'll just let you buy it which you'll probably end up doing anyways because it's bloody Sgt Pepper by the Beatles

Got to be honest lads, I still prefer the Mono Sgt Pepper. It's already perfect