Do Americans really just hang up after 10 seconds of talking like it is done in film? No bye no cya

Do Americans really just hang up after 10 seconds of talking like it is done in film? No bye no cya

>hey Jeff. Here's chad. When do you got time to meet up for fucking each other's loose ass?
>7 pm tomorrow?
>7 is is
Beep. Conversation done

>current year
>having phone conversations

I don't like it but it is what it is.

Yes I use the phone for very short time and don't say much.

One time I meet this girl who liked to talk on phone for hours. It's too much and retrospectively not worth

It really is just a Hollywood thing, I've never seen an American do this for real.

The longest I talked on the phone was for an hour, and that was for a project

Do Germans really get so cucked they lose thier wives before even 10 seconds?

top kek, made my day

Rarely, there is usually a goodbye said. I won't say that when I'm calling someone to meet them later in the day or to tell them I'm outside their apartment, but that's different.

I do it. Everybody complains.

awful bantz, apply yourself

Do you just talk on the phone forever or something? I only do that if I'm watching a girl play with herself on skype or something

Why would you drag it on? If it's just a call to shoot some shit, okay but if it's arranging something or saying something needs to get done just say it and be done.

no
Anglos are autistically polite irl

A short conversation is not the problem. The abrupt ending. Without a any bye and stuff, you know?

I tell people I'm driving through a tunnel, then hang up mid-sentence.

They can turn into intercoms and you drop the formalities since you'll be interfacing over the phone back and forth throughout the day anyway. You aren't saying bye at the end of every text message or post are you?

Sincerly,
Anonymous

>No bye no cya

This is only done in movies and television. Other people, including myself, have noticed that this is a trope too (that I'm sure has an entry on TV Tropes). I think conversations are cut short because it's filler that doesn't add anything, and we don't need to hear it every time there's a phone conversation if there are a lot of them. It can add tension too, I guess.

If you did it in real life though you'd probably get the other person calling you back asking what happened.

i wish

it's painful to try to kill a conversation. I just want to cut off cool and go back to doing what i have to do, not have my autism flair up trying to let someone go

first thing I thought

and I agree

kids today probably don't even have fun three way calls

I think it depends on the region. In the Midwest, everyone is overly polite, so a conversation between two white Midwesterners will often turn into a prolonged goodbye:

>Ok, you take care now
>Yep, you do the same. I'll talk to yah latter
>Ok then, talk to yah later. We'll be seein' yah
>Yep, we'll be seein' yah. You have a good one now.
>You have a good one too,there.

etc....

My jew landlord will stop and talk slowly about everything in the world for ages when confronted in person. But on the phone he speaks twice as fast and hangs up like it's about to gas him.

It's funny.

I've noticed they never say 'goodbye' or 'goodnight' or anything similar in movies. It's weird.

No I don't. But it seems that this is just another thing that make us different. I'll always say bye or at least later, when I'm about to see them anyway

>be me
>work in asphalt plant
>take orders for asphalt
>have orders coming in constantly
>have invoices and prices to process
>have trucks to weigh and logistics to organise
>phone rings
>hello NiggerDicks Quarries how can I help
>alright m8! Ows it goin!
>good thank you, would you like to place an order?
>is stu still workin there? Put stu on
>Stuart's busy at the moment, he's mixing tar
>ah tell him his a cunt from Frank hahahah
>Okay sir, would you like to place an order?
>Yeah if this weather clear up, can't lay tar in the rain! Weathers been awful this week hasn't it?! Are you getting much work?
>it's steady, what would you like?
>I just want to know if you're open Saturday
>no we're not
>that's a shame, If I was running your place it'd be open Saturday, losing a lot of work not being open Saturday, especially if it's nice, I heard it's going to be nice this weekend, have you seen the weather?
>thank you sir goodbye click

Compliant lodged with HR about my rudeness

No I always end my phone conversations by saying "Jews did 9/11" and then hang up.

He's paying for his phone bill