Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VeVzvcSCiDM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoicism
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nontheistic_religions
youtube.com/watch?v=wAo_rEgR4xU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I recommend looking at this guy's recent tweets

No.

If you want to call science and logic a religion, then sure.

I have the feeling that a lot of people become atheist just to feel superior to others

Sure it is:
youtube.com/watch?v=VeVzvcSCiDM

It's all ideology anyway idk why people get so bent out of shape about labels

It's not but some idiots treat it like one.

>tfw you realize every atheist is mainly against the religion of their parents and mostly ignorant of the others

It's an irreligious cult with all the worst aspects of religious cults.

sort of, because of retards say they're atheist and yet are all sorts of superstitious, which is just as mystical as gawd stuff

Atheism is a religion that will get raped by a agressively expanding religion, like islam

Science and logic have nothing to do with atheism though.

>Religion
Not what atheism is
>science and logic
Not what atheism is

Hello my name is not John.
I do not live in New York.
My hobbies are not picking stamps, not skiing and not listening to rap.
And my religion is atheism.

>repeatedly afirming something wich can not be proved
>not faith

From the perspective of a religious person, the belief that there is nothing sacred, and that all that is unknown can be made known by science and logic, is a religion.

you don't have to know about other religions in order not to believe in theism

Yeah.
And international waters is a country

Well at least we know his religion

Exactly, your religion is not God.

Glad we cleared that up.

>make a short statement in an argument with proper character case and punctuation
>don't provide any explanation to feel superior
>be edgy atheist

Logical Positivist new atheism is a religion

Lack of belief in a god is not

Yes, it is a watered down form of Judaism.

Atheism is the flat denial of a god, not simply an absence of religion.

That's why there's agnostic atheism and agnostic theism. Two very different things.

Define religion first.

>athiesm
>cult
Not what atheism is
>superstition
>atheism
Unrelated to atheism

>the belief that there is nothing sacred, and that all that is unknown can be made known by science

Not what atheism is

Why does Sup Forums fail so hard at this?

Behold: atheism the religion:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoicism

Unfortunately, for many people it is.

Atheism means a lack of religion

Theism is someone who holds a belief in God

A-theism with the prefix a means that it's the opposite

To the self proclaimed and adamant athiest
Yes they treat atheism as a religion abd are very fanatical about it. Its not about reason or scientific inquiry, it is simply the mindset of "my idology is superior to yours and you are dumb for believing in anything different from myself". Fuckers won't be satisfied until their paradigm is the only one left existing, well at least until Western religions are no longer existing at least.

Could you be any more stereotypical? Science, theology and religion have always been tightly interwoven.

Gnostic atheism and agnostic theism are rare and more retarded than the other two, so we don't usually consider them.

>Could you be any more stereotypical?

right back at you

If your an autist that can't recognize trends and correlations, and instead uses word play and strict, but unrelatable practicality, definitions... Then no.

In the same way the word, "God", takes on a plethora of meanings(not specific to Christanity), as well as the fact there are over 40,000 Christian denominations, but Athiest memes never talk about which one.... So too does the word Athiest imply certain indirect behaviour that could classify it as a belief system.

There are atheist churches in Britain and atheists all over behave as if it's a religion, so yes.

if you are indifferent to religion you are irreligious
if you actively believe there is no god and you wear a fedora and worship dawkins as the messiah you are an atheist

I think of New Atheism more of like a cult

Leftism is their religion

All scotts are drunks: the post

>If your an autist that can't recognize trends and correlations, and instead uses word play and strict, but unrelatable practicality, definitions... Then no.

>hurp durp I'm retarded and I like to make up shit

It's not, but some people treat it like it is.
I personally think religious practices are totally useless except as a soothing action for troubled people, and that religious institutions do more harm than good. But I don't particularly care to attack people over it or constantly proselytize that there's no god.

>scotts
all nigels have tea and scones.

Atheism belongs to the religion of the left. Leftists worship academia. Their saints are professors with names like Cohen, Rabinowitz, and GoldbergShekelstein.

I'm an atheist myself you nigger

no No No NO NO NO NO.

If you disagree.
>>>/reddit/

anarchy is a government type :^)

Anything is better than being an ironic/cultural christian. Only contrarian children now pretend to believe in god.

Just shows how butthurt christians STILL are over the anal destruction they suffered over the past 15 years

No. Atheism is the absence of theism. Theism being the belief in a god or gods defined by an external religious body of work.

Examples of atheism:
>deism
The belief in a non-interventionalist but nevertheless all-powerful creator entity.
>pantheism
The belief in the existence of multiple divine beings each with their own areas of expertise/governance but without particular ordained characteristics.
>antitheism
The positive belief in a lack of any gods or otherwise divine beings.

>I personally
>I don't particularly care
pol is not your personal blog. GTFO my pol, fuckin' normie millennial newfag.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>the anal destruction they suffered over the past 15 years
you lost me there, user. explain yourself

>>the anal destruction they suffered over the past 15 years
>you lost me there, user. explain yourself
Rise of dawkins and new atheists trolled the fuck out of christians everywhere. Christians still mad about god being compared to santa clause

Atheism is not believing in any religion, theism is believing in a religion. Therefore atheism is not a religion. There's no need to find other retarded sub-ideologies such as agnostic-theism or whatever.

If anyone uses logic for a second, they'll know the answer. It's unbelievable that you guys are still discussing it.

Either b8 or someone who doesn't get out much

>tfw used to watch and enjoy this guys videos
Now he's a liberal cuck. Feels bad, man.

Words evolve over time user. Insisting that simply because the classical term "Athiest" means a lack of Gods, does not mean it is not a religion.

Theism Is a theory, it is in no way dependent on following one religion or another(some Relgions don't have Gods you know ;) ). Yet it is correlated with religion by yourself and others.

So to, has Athiesm become correlated with a certain dogma of beliefs as Theism has.

But I don't expect you understand this, cause once again autism.

In simple practical talks atheism is not a religion, but if you wanna get fancy "hurrrr murrrrr i want cock" you need to look from a philosophical point of view and understand what religion exactly means. Atheism is not organized religion. Atheists in fact strive to stay away from it.

Asserts claims which cannot be directly proved, gather the books of idolized figures and spread their words as the truth. Will defend their belief that there are no gods, will spin this statement into "it's not a belief that there is no god, it's a lack of belief" >muh spin. they will Deny that other people could be right, that superiority complex that comes with religion. has a symbol which they have requested to be put up at the 9-11 monument because muh seperation of church and state

it's a religion. because the people who follow the ideals made it into one.

>If anyone uses logic for a second

Conundrum - religious people cannot properly do this :^)

That's why it's not a religion, it's an ideology.

Well, it can be. Jainism is a religion but it's an atheist one. I'd say that there's been hints of something like that forming in society regarding militant atheists.

No, britbong, that's why your country is being overrun by Third Worlders -- because you're totally clueless and naively innocent about the sinister workings of the jew.
Helpful Hint: Atheism is the dogma of the left and they use it to demoralize and indoctrinate young impressionable white children with self-loathing white guilt.
Rejecting the religion, culture and traditions of your ancestors is critical to our plan if we're going to blur the definition of gender and encourage kids to embrace sexual deviancy, muh weed, muh fag marriage, and blanda upp race-mixing beastiality.

It's absolutely true. The ideological flame war rages on to this day. I doubt they'll ever get over it.

Atheism is obviously not a religion. Any moron can see that. This thread is just B8

>unrelated
it's not unrelated when their superstitions equate to divine intervention and boil down to a god. derple.

Technically no, but it's practically become one. Which is part of why I call it a religion.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nontheistic_religions

Finland with yellow id tag.
i think it suits you.

The way some Athiests act you would think so, it's not inherently, but some Athiests are as bad or worse then christ cucks.

What the fuck are you even talking about lmao

Retarded illuminati fanboys like you always talk like there's a purpose behind things that are "corrupt", such as TV, smartphones, or new ideologies. Seriously grow the fuck up you autistic manchild.

you once again proved that you're super autistic, it has nothing to do with what I said

Atheism is denying both creator and religion, so religions without gods are irrelevant.

It's impossible to be an atheist and overall happy. I have tried it.

Sorry, but marxism is just as much as a religion as your preferred flavour of cuckstianity.

>Christ is a new man. The new man is the soviet man. Therefore, Christ is a soviet man.
-Patriarch Justinian Marina

European traditions predate and have survived Christian purgation and will only continue to do so as long as we resist all forms of Judaism.

>Not what atheism is

Oh really.

Explain the perpetual denunciation sessions for non-(non-believers).

Explain the unabashed elitism that allows someone as autistic and lowly as Amazing Atheist to imagine he is superior to believers.

Explain this: youtube.com/watch?v=wAo_rEgR4xU

Perhaps you are right. It's theoretically possible to be atheist without being a cultist, but there can be no denying there are many prominent atheists who are in fact cultists.

I suggest you familiarize yourself with the tell-tail signs of cult-like behavior.

Google is a thing, you know.

If your life has no other meaning, then sure.

I haven't been happier though

Actually, it's only possible to be happy, or at least content, when you reject theism. Liberty is the summum bonum and true liberty is impossible under an imaginary celestial dictatorship.

>Atheism is obviously not a religion
>it's not a religion, it's an ideology.
>atheism is not a religion
>atheism is not a religion
>atheists trolled the fuck out of christians
>Atheism is the absence of theism
>I'm an atheist
>religious practices are totally useless
>Atheism means a lack of religion
>there's agnostic atheism and agnostic theism

Atheism is a tool of the left used for controlling the minds of idiot college kids. Jews push this shit to encourage promiscuity, race-mixing, homosexuality, tranny degeneracy, and many other ways of rejecting of social norms and moral values.

atheism is not a religion but Atheism is.

This is why I don't say I'm an atheist

Atheism is the absence of believe in higher deities aka in religion(s). Ergo no.
theist/pol/lacks can go suck a nut if they don't like it.-

Well, if there's one thing that we can take comfort in, it's that we can arbitrarily improve our lives just by makebelieving the things that trouble us away.

>Atheism is the absence of theism
Maybe
>proceeds to appropriate examples of Theism as Atheism
Then its not Atheism faggot that's Agnosticism. Atheism is the rejection of Theism, the conclusion and upholding there is no metaphysical entity.

Yet you, as a christian, quite literally worship a cuckold born of cuckolding. Do go on about how atheism is degenerate though.

Retarded illuminati fanboys like you always talk like there's a purpose behind things that are "corrupt", such as TV, smartphones, or new ideologies. Seriously grow the fuck up you autistic manchild.

You've obviously never had anyone close to you pass away. To know they are in heaven is the greatest feeling and relief of all.

What you're recognizing is group dynamics. When one group attacks another group, the members of both groups get pushed closer together. They become allies.

Of course, being allies or enemies based on a category isn't a religion.

Although it is a sign of a group.

Of course it's a religion. Just look at its high priests: pope neil degrasse tyson, bishop michio kaku, cardinal bill nye the science cuck, and we can't forget Saint Sagan (may his fedora never stop tipping).

No but most atheists are as idiotic as the religious extremists they gain ego boosts from.

>Then its not Atheism faggot that's Agnosticism. Atheism is the rejection of Theism, the conclusion and upholding there is no metaphysical entity.

Please, stop.

Agnosticism isn't a middle-man/mutually-exclusive; and [rational] Atheism doesn't uphold that there is no "metaphysical entity" because it's impossible to prove/disprove -- thus, making such a claim is nonsensical since it's objective.

Those societal norms are the end all be all REEEEEEEEEE.

cuckold is a husband of adulterous wife
not child born of adultery
get your memes figured out ahmed

Agnosticism is an admission of doubt. It's not a theological position and never will be. Keep calling yourself agnostic because you're afraid of anonymous people on the internet calling you names though.

None of the examples I mentioned have an official body of theology; the necessary and sufficient condition for a theism.

Your playing into my argument now.
>The word atheism comes from the Greek language. It can be divided into a- (ἄ), a Greek prefix meaning "without", and theos (θεός), meaning "god", and recombined to form "without gods" or "godless". In Ancient Greece it also meant "impious".
The orginal meaning simply meant, no God(s). Nothing to do with religion, that was tacked on as the word evolved(as stated before, Athiesm* has evolved into a religion).

The Hindus(which was just a collection of differing ideas) orginal Buddhism had no God, but instead a set of certain beliefs. They were a religion.

A Christian considers what they practice, not just another "religion", but infact the truth.

Athiesm(and numerous implied beliefs that come with that) easily qualifies as a Religion, a Relgion they consider "truth".

>b-but it really is the truth!
If only 1 statement about the implied* beliefs of a Athiest*, is proven wrong(which it has happened before), then ARE INFACT A RELGION.

>Atheism is obviously not a religion
it most certainly is atheism is not the disbelief in religion, its the disbelief in a supernatural god, and religion does not equal the belief in a god. Religion can be any organized ideology which is held fervently by its followers. In that regard atheism( as practiced by the adamant atheists) can most certainly cataloged as such.

Also Christians are almost certainly upset not at the immature comparisons made by 15 year old atheists online comparing their God to Santa Claus, but rather the atheists crusade in whipping out any and all traces of Christian culture ingrained into western civilization (i.e. telling state institutions to remove nativity scenes during Christmas, or the more recent case of trying to remove the imagery of a catholic from the seal of Los Angeles despite its historic importance)

Yeah, they worship the government as a God.

On average of course, not every Atheist is like this but most are.

can the absence of spaghetti be considered a pasta?

There are two things that atheists all have in common:

>they don't take the notion of deities seriously
>they hate each other just as much as they hate theists

>Is Atheism a religion?

Not the way I play it.

I don't even want to be an atheist. It's not a choice, I just can't help not believing.

If I had to describe myself, I'd probably even forget to mention that I'm an atheist, and if I didn't forget, I'd also add that I'm culturally Christian.

Joseph, who you worship as a saint, was cuckolded by YHWH, who you worship as a god, into giving birth to a man, who you believe is also YHWH, who was cuckolded by the Jews through two millennia of lying and lecherous 'theology'.

using religious memes