How does one overcome loneliness and depression?

How does one overcome loneliness and depression?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9DbvSl_C_kY
youtube.com/watch?v=x44zEK39GOM
youtube.com/watch?v=v2TSqcQxvM8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

anime and suicide

there's always a way

there is always the easy way out

One doesn't

Lithium xanax and vodka

Be with people and work to be happy. When one is depressed, they must push themselves out of the hole, even if it's hard. Otherwise things won't get better.

Depression is chemical. "pushing" your self wont achieve anything

Stop holding on to the past. Its depressing.

happiness is chemical, push harder

Have you tried having sex with a clown?

OK. First accept that everyone and everything is completely fucking retarded. It's not your fault.

Then just do all the cliche easy stuff.

-eat well
-sleep properly
-drink water
-exercise
-build friendships
-dont' jerk off
-be organized
-practice good hygiene
-mediation or at least just be mindful and grateful
-develop skills
-quit social media and all that jazz
-control drug and alcohol use
-manage money
-cliche life improvement stuff

I doubt I need to convince you the system is fucked. Want to know the best way to fuck the system? Ignore all their attempts to beat you down and live a good life anyway. Until we're under marshal law or some BS there's no excuses.

Build your own utopia.

Learn to live around it, its like a roller-coaster. On days that you're down, accept it, stay inside, do whatever you feel like to cope. On days that you feel up, be as productive as possible. You just gotta roll with it.

Kill Yourself

exercise & diet.

everything off the shelf, everything fast food, is loaded with chemicals; endocrine disruptors and toxic herbcides.

If only

Just accept it as a part of yourself. It won't ever go away but you can learn to live with it.

don't worry, everyones connected anyway. you just need to see that

Get a sense of humor ur probly reading the dicks threads you might also be gay post ur dick and see what happens i bet it will raise your confidence or push you over the edge to suicide

I think the real question is: at what point is there something pathological going on instead of just standard neuroticism?
Cause there's some days (very few) when I feel normal, when I can actually get things done instead of just wishing I was still asleep.

Have any good pieces of writing or media that help explain this?

Very good answer. It sounds too easy to be true but it will take some sustained focus and effort. Depression is chemical but getting this shit right will fix your chemicals.

The shit about everyone being retarded is also true.

Didnt we fix this problem yesterday?

Not that user.
No.

Read "the power of now" very closely. Then re-read it. Then let go of your shitty childhood. Then you will have an empty hole. You fill that hole by accepting happiness. I recommend feeling all your emotions and crying it out on this journey. If you dont look into this you obviously dont want help.

Having a good schedule.

youtube.com/watch?v=9DbvSl_C_kY
youtube.com/watch?v=x44zEK39GOM

Stop being lonely
This also fixes your depression.

refrain from masturbating and learn how to go into the present moment (YouTube it).

From personal experience this works?

I find that music helps

Putting yourself into a better position.

This could be through school, or getting a new job.

Essentialy, you need to enable yourself to do what you want to do.

Buy a better bed, get more sleep. Cook your meals (real meals, 1 main piece (chicken, steak), 2 sides (corn, potatoes)). Then realize that infinity is a concept that humans can't begin to comprehend, and that the universe is so vast an noiseless that nothing you could ever do will ever make a real difference in all of existence.

Enjoy your dinner and sleep well. You're free to be happy or sad when you want to, and if you can't do it when you want to, talk to a doctor.

Depends on the possible company they would have, not just anybody.

A lot of truth here.

The latest research ive done says this is the answer.

You have to fully accept it.

This pic helps me that's for sure

With company and happiness. Fucking duh.

This has been my method for years.

youtube.com/watch?v=v2TSqcQxvM8

Rename depression to melancholia and embrace it - it's artsy.

Nothing wrong with being lonely either. Most ppl are pricks anyways.

Psychotherapy. Careful with drugs.

You might be on to something there. Maybe part of the problem is people freaking out over being depressed when it's actually a pretty normal thing to go through.

prozac

So lonely. I get up no one's awake. Get to work everyone leaves after 2 hours. Get home no one's awake. Rinse repeat. Regret breaking up with hoe gf. There's always hope. You get used to it / over it. Just be happy. Oh and tons of cocaine

Is that still true these days, user?

post tits or GTFO.

I think about killing myself every night to help me fall asleep. I have kratom tea every day and that helps me keep sane at work. I browse a lot of /b. The usual.

Throw away your phone. Start reading again. Eat less sugar. Look ppl in the eyes when communicating - no matter how horrible and vulnerable you feel

Realize that you're just a primate. Happiness is a physiological condition. It's a neurochemical thing. Find the right collection of stimuli, and your brain will respond with happiness.
Loneliness happens because primates are social animals, so we have an instinctual drive to interact with others of our kind. You might be able to entertain this impulse and scrape out some happiness, but I find it easier to override it. It's no different than sticking to a diet: you have an impulse you know to be problematic, and you train yourself to ignore it.

Love kratom. What strain