TEX: Dillon Gee fans nine over six scoreless
SD: Hedges breaks out for 2 HRs Wednesday
CLE: Carlos Carrasco rocked in last spring start
NYM: Wheeler to be placed on innings limit in 2017
MLW: Aguilar's hot streak continues in loss to LAA
MIA: Ichiro Suzuki hoping to play until age 50
NYM: Steven Matz (elbow) won't be ready for season
STL: No sign of break in Randal Grichuk's hand
PIT: Polanco (shoulder) gets at-bats, throws Wed.
TEX: Beltre (calf) to be re-evaluated this weekend
LAD: Seager (oblique) expected to play Saturday

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QwP2U7lS28o
rotoworld.com/headlines/mlb/527913/Steven-Matz-(elbow)-shut-down-three-weeks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>MIA: Ichiro Suzuki hoping to play until age 50

Based Ich

he truly is the real life Shonen protagonist

because you're a bitch lmao

threadly reminder David Ortiz and A-Rod used steroids

マリナーズ!

we're aware
threadly reminder that steroids are still prevalent throughout baseball despite the attempts to curb their usage

2017 BABY

le win it all and then close the window men

tenth for Red Sox

>the city of Ned Toast

shit, meant to reply to

What's the worst thing about each division?
The answer can't be [insert team] or [insert player]. Has to be a generalization for the division.

thanks for the reply

AL East
>fans
AL Central
>cities
AL West
>franchises
NL East
>owners
NL Central
>boring
NL West
>dodger stadium parking lot

>AL East
the Red Sox-Yankees rivalry really isn't nearly what it used to be since George Steinbrenner died and the Red Sox won 3 WS. It also has a team that has no fanbase and whose home park is an absolute nightmare to get to, two that everyone else but themselves hate (Sox andd Yankees,) and no real intradivision rivalries between the other 3 teams until recently with the Jays/O's battling for WC spots (and division titles when the Sox had terrible seasons.)

yw user

Why do the Rangers, White Sox, Mets, and Dodgers trigger /mlb/ so much?

AL East has lots of power and that's fun
AL Central has laid back cool fans like Royals fans (super cool fans)
AL West has lots of teams with dedicated fans through the bad times

NL East has some dumpy teams but they have Bryce Harper and the superhero pitchers and that's fun
NL Central fuck the Cardinals
NL West has teams from neat cities, fun stuff to do in those cities

Mets

>can'twakeup.jpg

it pretty clearly is named "mest.jpg" fåm

Weekly reminder: It came home

This is the state of MLB endorsement deals in the current year. Ded sport.

>hating on pretzels

fuck off go back to your divegrass general, twerp

I've seen the boxes for these with Trout on it and they still bill him as the 2014 All Star

The Show servers are never going to work, are they?

Injuns to be frankly honest

They have the most annoying fans on /mlb/.

youtube.com/watch?v=QwP2U7lS28o

Oh, come on, buddy. They can probably do better than that

reported.
you gonna get vanned.

Lel

Police called
FBI called
CIA called
NSA called
Batman called

DELETE THIS

Hit me up on steam. My steam name is BaTmAn*LoCo

>most annoying
>lifelongs aren't among them
Hmmmm

What was it?

desu kinda surprised to have gotten zero replies on my posts from Ancestry

Dank memes

I found it interesting.

AL East is true. Yankees, Jays and Sawx fans suck. O's fans are awesome though

hey fuck you

FUCK (you)

Yankees fans are bandwagoners, Boston fans are like Yankees fans but more obnoxious, and the Blue Jays are like Bengals fans, obnoxious and suffers from little man syndrome.

>Bandwaggoning a team that's been mediocre for the better part of 5 seasons now
kek, if you think we're bad now, just wait until their prospects get called up, and the team actually gets gud

>Luis Severino named 4th starter, and Aaron Judge named Opening Day RF
BABY BOMBERS. I'm surprised that Mitchell didn't get the starter spot though. Now we have to wait like 4 weeks to see who gets the 5th spot

>Wake up
>Mike Pelfrey released

Blessed.

I work with a guy that went to HS with him. He said that Mike was the biggest fucking goofball he had ever met.

I bet the Yankees pick him up.

One
Hundred
Years
Curse

But yeah, Sanchez, Bird, etc etc etc

Hey this might be a weird place to ask questions, since its not REALLY about the MLB, its more related to me asking questions about how a sports management sim compares to the actual MLB. I've been playing a lot of Out Of The Park Baseball 16 and I have some questions.

>The game almost completely ignores the relationship between catcher and pitcher forming a battery, there's a minor boost to pitching FOR ALL PITCHERS based on the catchers "Catcher Ability" stat. In the MLB do pitchers form real batteries with the catchers? Or is that a meme portrayed in anime and books and shit that doesn't exist IRL?

>In the game a players defensive ability almost feels negligible if they're a good batter. I always want to make a badass defensive team but it feels like when I just try and get a good batting line-up it works out better most of the time. Is this reasonable compared to IRL? If a player is FUCKING GODLIKE defensively and can't bat the computer will basically completely ignore them in the drafting phase if you're playing in a fictional league that has an inaugural draft.

Maybe I'm just building a defensive team wrong though.
>Pitcher
>Short Stop
>2nd Base
>Center Field
>Catcher

Those are the positions I focus on for building a good defense, am I missing something? I generally run a 5 man Starter Rotation with 2 Relievers and 1 closer. 25 man roster with a designated hitter.

Sorry if this is unrelated trash I just don't know where else to ask other than the OOTP forums and I already asked there and all I got was vague retardation. I don't really trust information sources that aren't Sup Forums much anymore.

>I don't really trust information sources that aren't Sup Forums much anymore

I can't wait for the Yankees to break the 100 year curse this year

Catchers and pitchers definitely develop different relationships. Some pitchers have their personal catchers they prefer and perform better with.

Defense is important but as long as a player isn't a defensive liability, he'll be judged far more on his offensive prowess. There have been teams that have tried to build around defense first, but they've almost always failed. Great defense is only a good compliment to good hitting and pitching, it can't anchor a team.

You've got the right idea for building a team, the old adage in baseball is "strong through the middle", you'll see through history great teams have a

Great catcher
a couple of great starting pitchers
great second baseman, or shortstop, or both
great center fielder

Dude, i'm from MD and have been a fan since birth. No bandwagoning here.

So, I made an OOTP 18 logo set for the NPB if anyone is interested.
Took me a couple days but I got a good chunk of them all finished.

Blue jays are gonna suck

I wasn't talking about the Orioles, I was making fun of you saying all Yankees fans are bandwagoners. If you think we're bad now, just wait until the team is actually good.

jints tbqh family

Why is she posting from the backroom of a church kitchen during an aftermass breakfast?

Do teams often take a defensive liability in order to get a great batter? In the game "contact" seems to be farm more important than power for batting (at least thats what the AI favors during evaluation).

>great second baseman, or shortstop, or both

If you have a great shortstop with lots of fielding range can you afford to take a shittier second baseman then, and vice versa?

As far as pitching though the game seems to do its best regarding simulations, for example in this pic you can see editing a pitcher that a purely knuckleball picture is worth a lot more than a purely cutter pitcher. I can't really show it in the pic but a pitcher with like, 3 pitches that were good but not great would probably have higher "stuff" than that pitcher. I don't know if this is accurate since a 250 in knuckleball means this guy would have the best knuckleball physically achievable by man. To give an example he was rated as the best pitcher in the draft and his 3 pitchers were around 160-170.

it's one of those stupid lingerie coffee places

Mariners!

Redpill me on the mariners. I live on the Key Peninsula but I don't know anything about the current mariners team.

>tfw no east coast lingerie coffee bars

west coast is miles ahead

DUDE DINGERS LMAO

invested heavily in outfield defense and run prevention this past winter

have 3 good starting pitchers

bullpen is a mess outside of closer and setup roles

Ready bros?

Go cards desu

Why do the Mets employ so many scumbags? Is it because Mets fans are of a lower social and moral class than Yankees fans?

>I wont be in the bay area for the bridge series

GOD DAMMIT

rotoworld.com/headlines/mlb/527913/Steven-Matz-(elbow)-shut-down-three-weeks

LGTSS

>The borough of Queenz

It wont be because of the pitching

Oh trust me, I know. Lived through the dynasty years and watched you guys invade OPACY

3 good Ok SPs, then you have the trainwrecks that are Gallardo and Smyly.

Mets are the best team in the state, suck it.

Well I hope you like waiting ecks dee

yeah i dont think our starters are going to go 8 innings every single start

Braves will win 80 games this season.

75 if you're really lucky

YES!

Phillies will be complete doodoo this season and I will love it.

Royals fan here, I like what the mariners are doing they're my preseason favorites. Would have rather kept Dyson than Cain just because I think he's the best center fielder in the league.defensively.

I don't trust the Mariners as far as I can throw them. They have to earn my respect.

>who is kevin kiermaier
>who is kevin pillar

le run fast man is good though

Brewers will be above .500 and will drop 20 on shittsburgh in at least one game.

>Kevin Pillar would be the best defensive CF in any other division in Baseball
>Isn't even the best defensive CF named Kevin in his own division
Really makes you think

Good, and it should stay miles away

>Lillies
wew

>that faggot Philthy tripfag came out of hiding yesterday for the first time in months
>is suddenly nowhere to be seen after Gary "Gary" Sanchez goes in dry

you're trying too hard

Phillies will finish with a better record than the fucking STANKEES ever will.

>9 runs through .2 innings
>only 6 of them earned
>LILLIES

Are you ready for Kris Bryant 2.0? Apologize right fucking now /mlb/

there is literally no position at which the Phillies have a better player than the Yankees do, but yeah sure they will, Phillynigger.