>U GAY

Choose your response above.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Vegetarian_Myth
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15474873
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23169929
cancerproject.org/survival/cancer_facts/meat.php
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21558046
cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57563739/study-finds-unsafe-mercury-levels-in-84-percent-of-all-fish/
shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/like-bacon--sausage-and-hot-dogs--too-bad--cause-that-stuff-l-kill-you--new-study-finds--174609721.html
nytimes.com/2013/04/08/health/study-points-to-new-culprit-in-heart-disease.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/3346666/Mystery-of-the-meat-eaters-molecule.html
nutritionj.com/content/11/1/9/abstract
hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/calcium-and-milk/
news.cornell.edu/stories/1996/11/eating-less-meat-may-help-reduce-osteoporosis-risk
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19232475
diseaseproof.com/archives/hurtful-food-my-reaction-to-looking-at-an-oily-cheese-pizza.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2486444/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3251953/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2677005/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21048771
nutritionmd.org/nutrition_tips/nutrition_tips_understand_foods/dairy.html
drfuhrman.com/library/article17.aspx
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3662288/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18398033?itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum&ordinalpos=2
news.harvard.edu/gazette/2006/12.07/11-dairy.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19243483
pcrm.org/health/health-topics/milk-consumption-and-prostate-cancer
pcrm.org/health/medNews/dairy-linked-to-acne-development
youtube.com/watch?v=yfsT-qYeqGM&feature=player_embedded[Open]
forksoverknives.com/tmao-a-toxic-substance-formed-when-you-eat-meat-can-make-you-dead-meat/
cbsnews.com/news/meat-dairy-may-be-as-detrimental-to-your-health-as-smoking-cigarettes/
nutritionfacts.org/video/developing-an-ex-vivo-cancer-proliferation-bioassay/
nutritionfacts.org/2013/02/14/animal-protein-and-igf-1/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10943644
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_meat_production
webarchive.loc.gov/all/20100203152611/http://www.eurekalert.org/images/release_graphics/pdf/EH5.pdf
nrdc.org/sites/default/files/less-beef-less-carbon-ip.pdf
reddit.com/r/veganfitness/wiki/index
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19562864
iep.utm.edu/anim-eth/#SSH3ai
yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-homineme.g.
yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawmane.g.
yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-naturee.g.
yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoquee.g.
plato.stanford.edu/entries/moral-realism/
features.peta.org/how-to-go-vegan/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Post up your massive arms, vegofaggit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Vegetarian_Myth

Just because the pic name is that, and you scrawled some shit, don't mean shit.
Post up yourself. Money where your mouth is. Walk the walk and all.
Prove you're not malnourished.

you first

also not OP

Show us that fattened slab of meat boy.

come on meat boi. i wanna see them butter rolls

1-I'm not the one making claims.
2-there are plenty of examples of healthy meat eaters. It's called "fucking everyone who isn't a vegan" look it up.

>proof by example
>showing yourself on Sup Forums
kek newfag

>meat eatin is good for you and healthy

My response is simple. I simply don't care. Studies have shown that the average man lives to be 70 years old. That means I have so much time to live. So why should I limit myself when it comes to certain things in life? I only have this one life that has been given to me and I am going to live it the way I think it is appropriate. And if I should die sooner, so what? I died enjoying my life.

>Vegetarians tend to live eight years longer

Why would I want another 8 years of suffering?

besides to quote denis leary it takes the last years off of your life...you know the diapers kidney dialysis years

Health is something you lose gradually. You'll be healthier for that much longer rather than withering for that much longer.

Don't trsut this faggots info graphics.
He posts shit saying spinach has a higher protein content than steak. It's straight up false.
Also, sage.

>it takes the last years off of your life
I am already fucked. My family is prone for heart conditions and what not. So even without eating meat this wouldn't make any difference for me at all.

>you know the diapers kidney dialysis years
Sure want to love as long to witness that happening.

Friendly reminder that eating meat is the ONLY reason that primitive man was able to develop and expand their brain size due to the extra protein inherent in meat. Oh, and those 'plants have all the protein you need' memes are either lies, or the result of GMOs, which no vegetarian/vegan would be caught dead eating.

Heart disease is literally caused by eating meat. Vegetarians and vegans are low risk and near-zero risk respectively. You seem like you would benefit MORE than the average person from a vegan diet.

Effects of a long-term vegetarian diet on biomarkers of antioxidant status and cardiovascular disease risk. [Nutrition. 2004] - PubMed - NCBI

Vegetarian diets and the incidence of cancer in a low-risk population. [Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2013] - PubMed - NCBI

Meat Consumption and Cancer Risk

Red meat and colon cancer
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21558046

Study finds unsafe mercury levels in 84 percent of all fish
cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57563739/study-finds-unsafe-mercury-levels-in-84-percent-of-all-fish/

Like Bacon, Sausage and Hot Dogs? Then Beware: They May Raise Your Risk of Death, New Study Finds
shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/like-bacon--sausage-and-hot-dogs--too-bad--cause-that-stuff-l-kill-you--new-study-finds--174609721.html

Study Points to New Culprit in Heart Disease
nytimes.com/2013/04/08/health/study-points-to-new-culprit-in-heart-disease.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

"Neu5Gc elicits an immune reaction that might contribute to a whole spectrum of human-specific diseases"
telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/3346666/Mystery-of-the-meat-eaters-molecule.html

Restriction of meat, fish, and poultry in omnivores improves mood: a pilot randomized controlled trial
nutritionj.com/content/11/1/9/abstract

Harvard School of Public Health ยป milk is NOT the best source of calcium
hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/calcium-and-milk/

Eating less meat and dairy may help reduce osteoporosis risk, Cornell studies show.
news.cornell.edu/stories/1996/11/eating-less-meat-may-help-reduce-osteoporosis-risk

Milk--the promoter of chronic Western diseases
PMID: 19232475
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19232475

Kek.
Prepare for a witty retort from the vegan.
Don't forget to sage.

Due to measured levels of dioxin that exceed safety standards, the National Academy of Science has for years recommended that people avoid eating a diet rich in animal fats.
diseaseproof.com/archives/hurtful-food-my-reaction-to-looking-at-an-oily-cheese-pizza.html

Change in quality of life and immune markers after a stay at a raw vegan institute: a pilot study
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2486444/

The role of diet and physical activity in breast, colorectal, and prostate cancer survivorship: a review of the literature
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3251953/

Interindividual differences in response to plant-based diets: implications for cancer risk
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2677005/

An impact of the diet on serum fatty acid and lipid profiles in Polish vegetarian children and children with allergy. [Eur J Clin Nutr. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21048771

Effects of a long-term vegetarian diet on biomarkers of antioxidant status and cardiovascular disease risk. [Nutrition. 2004] - PubMed - NCBI

Vegetarian diets and the incidence of cancer in a low-risk population. [Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2013] - PubMed - NCBI

Meat Consumption and Cancer Risk

Understanding the Problems with Dairy Products
nutritionmd.org/nutrition_tips/nutrition_tips_understand_foods/dairy.html
1. Osteoporosis 2. Cardiovascular Disease 3. Cancer 4. Diabetes 5. Lactose Intolerance 6. Vitamin D Toxicity 7. Contaminants 8. Health Concerns of Infants and Children

Nutrient Density of Animal and Plant Foods:
drfuhrman.com/library/article17.aspx

Nutritional Update for Physicians: Plant-Based Diets (a summary)
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3662288/

Acne, dairy and cancer (PMID: 20046583)
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18398033?itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum&ordinalpos=2

Hormones in milk can be dangerous By Corydon Ireland
news.harvard.edu/gazette/2006/12.07/11-dairy.html

Pork May Raise Your Risk of Death, New Study Finds

Milk consumption: aggravating factor of acne and promoter of chronic diseases of Western societies
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19243483

Milk Consumption and Prostate Cancer
pcrm.org/health/health-topics/milk-consumption-and-prostate-cancer

Dairy Linked to Acne Development
pcrm.org/health/medNews/dairy-linked-to-acne-development

youtube.com/watch?v=yfsT-qYeqGM&feature=player_embedded[Open]
Celebrated Cornell University professor T. Colin Campbell Phd, presents the overwhelming evidence showing that animal protein is one of the most potent carcinogens people are exposed to.

TMAO: A Toxic Substance Formed When You Eat Meat Can Make You... Dead Meat
forksoverknives.com/tmao-a-toxic-substance-formed-when-you-eat-meat-can-make-you-dead-meat/

Meat, dairy may be as detrimental to your health as smoking cigarettes, study says
cbsnews.com/news/meat-dairy-may-be-as-detrimental-to-your-health-as-smoking-cigarettes/

Vegan Blood Fights Cancer 8x Better
nutritionfacts.org/video/developing-an-ex-vivo-cancer-proliferation-bioassay/

Animal Protein and the Cancer Promoter IGF-1
nutritionfacts.org/2013/02/14/animal-protein-and-igf-1/

Vegan diet in physiological health promotion. [Acta Physiol Hung. 1999] - PubMed - NCBI
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10943644

Why don't you post any peer reviewed studies faggot?

Meat consumption is ruining the environment.
- Pollutes rivers
- Forests cleared for livestock
- Causes soil degradation
- Massive inefficiency to grow crops then feed them to animals
- Major contributor to global warming.

Wikipedia - Environmental impact of meat production

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_meat_production

Reports

webarchive.loc.gov/all/20100203152611/http://www.eurekalert.org/images/release_graphics/pdf/EH5.pdf

nrdc.org/sites/default/files/less-beef-less-carbon-ip.pdf

Vegan Health (meatcucks please read the following before leaving a stupid comment)

reddit.com/r/veganfitness/wiki/index

Vegan diet healthy for all stages of life

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19562864

Vegan ethics

Animals and Ethics -iep.utm.edu/anim-eth/#SSH3ai

Most common and well known argument is the argument from marginal cases. Loosely speaking, the argument contends that animals as sentient & intelligent as retards should have the same moral status

(Meatcucks please read the following before leaving a stupid comment)

Ad Hominem -yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-homineme.g. vegans are faggots

Strawman -yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawmane.g. vegans want white genocide

Appeal to nature -yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-naturee.g. meat is natural and therefore ethical

Tu Quoque -yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoquee.g. vegans buy computers

Morality is relative - Science, logic, mathematics are all based on axioms that are not proven nor justified, what is different about morality and moral axioms? Think this argument through before arguing for it, it is not as simple as you think.

Also read the following

Moral Realism -plato.stanford.edu/entries/moral-realism/

...Are you retarded?

Cites Wokopodo. Kek.
Sage.

Butthurt meatfag gets btfo and stays to say sage. Did he give up? Seems that way, doesn't it?

This is like those "you didn't know there wasn't a flood, you weren't there!" bible-thumping idiot responses.

We know they ate a shitton of meat due to the isotope content of their bones, dumbshit. In a few cases, bodies were preserved well enough that we could examine stomach contents. From 300,000 BC to 10,000 BC, hominids of all types ate fucktons of meat, usually by scavenging what was left of kills made by large predators, and later by hunting themselves.

Not to imply they ate only meat (except Neanderthals; they lived in a frozen wasteland for the most part and subsisted almost exclusively on animal meat and fat), but still, you're retarded. Sage for cancer.

We are modern man. We no longer require scavenging and hunting to survive. You don't live in the middle of the woods/plains/etc. You live in a town/city/etc.
Our ancestors raped and murdered each other. Feel free to do that in your town and see how far you get.

>Heart disease is literally caused by eating meat
My friend. Here is something I have to tell you. Heart diseases can also be caused by genetics. I am fucked either way. Also let me tell you a story.

>my father
>58
>smokes regularly
>drinks a beer or two
>works a hard job
>has to take pills for his heart condition
>sometimes complains about his back
>three stents
>has eaten meat his whole life
>smokes the meat he buys

And yet he is still alive and well.

>neighbour's husband
>50
>police officer
>fit as fuck
>vegan
>trains on a regular basis
>does not drink or smokes

He tragically passed away from an heart attack.

In no way did I state or imply that modern humans still had a lifestyle consistent with middle/upper paleolithic hominids. Keep false flagging, dumb nigger.

>Friendly reminder that eating meat is the ONLY reason that primitive man was able to develop and expand their brain size due to the extra protein inherent in meat.
You have a short memory don't you user?

kek this is what happens when you eat too much meat people. you lose arguments after forgetting what you were equating your point to.

I'm sold. Is there a FAQ or wiki?

Trips goes veganon.
You can try features.peta.org/how-to-go-vegan/

You vegetarian dimwits must have trouble with reading comprehension. The main thrust of my argument was that the only reason we have the intelligence (or should I say *I* have the intelligence) that we do is because our ancestors ate a fuckton of meat; the protein of which was instrumental in increasing their brain size. I also asserted that the claim you can get all the protein you need from plants is either a lie or the result of genetically modified crops, which most vegans/vegetarians wouldn't be caught dead eating since they tend to be left-wing morons. Neither of my points is refutable, and you are doing nothing but spouting hot air.

"Too much" Meat. Exactly,no shit. When you have too much of something, it is obviously not going to have a positive effect.

Thanks for the convert BTFOd user. Copypasta for you since it's the most common excuse for your meat-eating guilt:

There are many hypotheses about the food our early ancestors ate, what effect it had on their overall health and the evolutionary impacts of their diets. However, while it is certainly true that they ate other animals, it is also true that they did not always do so, just as it is true that individuals, groups and societies have been thriving on plant-based diets throughout history.
Even if we knew what all of our early ancestors were eating across the Earth during the entirety of our evolutionary history, it would still be illogical to conclude that because some of them ate meat some of the time, we should continue doing so. In fact, a robust body of medical research has concluded that consumption of animal flesh and secretions is harmful to us, and we already know factory farming of animals is destructive to the Earth. Further, this reason for eating meat ignores an important ethical point; namely, that history does not equal justification. Our ancestors did many things we find problematic now. They kept slaves, for instance. So it is both illogical and unethical to conclude that simply because some of our early ancestors ate meat, we should continue to do so now.

noic thanks

>Attempts to equate slavery to meat eating
Appeal to emotion and false equivalence.
>Attempts to assert that hominids existed who did not eat meat
False; every single human ancestor species past about 2 million years ago (meaning practically every single species after Sahelanthropus tchadensis) ate meat as their primary food source.
>Attempts to move the goal post by making a new 'rebuttal' to a claim which I did not make
I never said in any of my posts that humans should or should not eat meat in modern day. See Additionally, you are a complete fool if you think that posting your shit-tier rhetoric on Sup Forums will accomplish anything.

Guilty conscious there meatcuck?

>correlation does not imply causation

Some people just have shit luck.

Good job not refuting a single point that I made and by doing so, proving my assumption of your retardation and inability to comprehend simple sentences. I stand by my previous sage for cancer. Get fucked.

>inb4 everyone freaks out about a special number no one should care about.

N E W F A G
E
W
F
A
G

Veganism is the only logical or ethical choice. Far better for your health, the environment, and the lives of others. If you want to eat flesh, eat homeless people. You'll get your bacon fix

I choose answers 1, 4 and 5

kys vegfag

write what I can eat with a low fodmap vegan diet, soy makes me bloated so that's out, same with lentils and chickpeas

I hate everyone whom participated in this meat vs veggies thingy.
come on people, we are a omni fucking vore. we get nutrition on either side. so Why stick to one? its like yin and yang, one balance the other. stick to one for a long time and pay the heavy price.
Its 3am in the morning and i need to sleep.

btw tumblr users, want some shrek and gore to your front page? otherwise get lost all of you have no place here in Sup Forums!!!!!

It's okay to be vegan. It's okay to be a dick if someone is being a dick to you about you being vegan. When 90% of your conversations are "why I'm vegan and better than you" then prepare to always feel like you are shitting out a bale of hay for 8 years longer than me. Is it that fucking hard to have a balanced diet?

>tl;dr go be vegan somewhere else

You're an omnivore. You don't have to be, though. You could be healthier, sexier, and stronger as a vegan plenty.
Also I'm not from tumblr, faggot.

>meatcuck uses bacon

All the cool kids are doing it user.

I'm serious about going vegan but I have to follow a low fodmap diet, soy, chickpeas and lentils make me feel bloated, what could I replace chicken with?
I like to just cook in a big amount and just get in a routine of eating the same food everyday

Try seitan. It's easy to make it taste and feel like chicken with thyme and rosemary and it has high protein. Otherwise there's edamame, tofu, beans, spinach, broccoli, etc.
What's your goal for daily protein intake? Are you lifting?
Check out

>vegans tend to live 8 years longer
you've already completely lost me

>having the time to care about nutrition
Enjoy your privilege whitey

>MUH VIRTUE SIGNALING
>MUH MALNUTRITION
>MUH INABILITY TO MAKE TESTOSTERONE
>MUH WIFES SON BEATS ME

Pescatarians = "still do not eat meat but occasionally eat fish."

why the fuck do people think fish isn't meat?

Vegans: 1 death
Meatcucks: 291 deaths
Seems relevant to the studies showing vegans statistically live longer. Thanks user!

Meatheads BTFO

Thank you user, you're a good guy

>you're not a caveman
Evolutionarily we haven't come all that far, our intelligence and technology has separated us almost completely from nature, but biologically we're still essentially upright apes that are supposed to sleep when it's dark and eat whatever we can catch.

>22 climbers killed trying to reach Mt Everest summit in 2015
>no one made it to the top
>4% of climbers who have tried have died
>99% of climbers killed trying to reach the summit have been omnivorous

OMNIVORES BTFO

>1 vegan couple jailed for killing child out of stupidity
>hundreds jailed ever year across the western world for the same crime
>but theyre not part of a subculture that offends me so loldontcare

MUH AGENDA

>I still catch my own food
McMeatcuck catches his McFish in town every day.

What's the point of this? I'll eat bacon because it tastes good, thanks for keeping the demand not too high

Start here and keep scrollin' bro

We've been eating a good mixture of vegetables and meat since the dawn of time stop being a fucking faggot and eat both of them like you're supposed to. Everything's gonna fuckin die anyway, the sun in celestial time is basically about to swallow up the earth and no one from now till then will be immortal. Shut up, stop bitching.

I get it, meat causes polio and cancer, so does vaccines and fucking radio waves and everything else in 2017.

I'm still eating bacon

When you consider not indulging in the slaughter of an animal for your pleasure "limiting" yourself, you should take a look at your moral standards. These aren't dire times, were not starving. People eat meat because they don't like veggies and beans.

get eaten prey.

Given that almost 100% of climbers were meat eaters it stands to reason that almost 100% of deaths will be from that group too, if you had a balanced diet you brain might actually function any you'd realize that.

>On Sup Forums
>Soapboxing against the slaughtering of animals
You took a wrong turn on your way to the fridge bruh

>on Sup Forums wanking to r34 and trap threads
You came to the right thread meatcuck

I

Yet another intolerant grazer showing how a meatless diet degrades one's intelligence.

I mean what's the difference between slaughtering an animal that's raised to die knowing nothing but subsistence and killing a plant? Either way, you're going against the organism's intrinsic desires.

Actually I shoot a few deer each season and break down the carcasses myself. The meat keeps well and I give away whatever I don't use myself.

It's quite the opposite meatcuck. Do some research. There's plenty of information that will allow your brain to flourish in these strenuous times.

And you buy 98% of your yearly meat at Walmart. Gotchu. Regardless, you're probably better than 99% of meatcucks that buy processed shit year-round.

>soy
>estrogen

Soy phytoestrogens do not negatively impact testosterone. Try again.

DAE Bacon??????? xD

omg lol u xD wow

kinda impossible to bulk buy and seems to take a long time to prepare, with chicken I can just throw in the oven and forget about it

I am so irrationally disgusted by most vegetables that even touching them makes me feel sick. I do not eat them and never will

Luv mi sum bae-kun

Seitan takes 10 minutes and costs about 1/10th of what chicken does. Unless you're making $100/hr, ten minutes of your time is worth saving the money spent on chicken. Regardless, animal cruelty is fucking terrible. 99% of storebought meat comes from animal farms. There are plenty of lazy, vegan /fit/izens that do work.

Also the fact that you're bringing up morality this way kinda reinforces the perception that vegans and such are stuck up

You assume we are stuck up because we're doing something that you're conscience feels guilt for, thus you're projecting your guilt onto us.
I'm not trying to personally attack you, but 95% of vegans that aren't disgusting PETAfaggots won't ever try to guilt you. Shit, I don't even tell people at work that I'm vegan. Most will just ridicule me and ask me questions about it every single day.
>inb4 but ur spammin muh Sup Forums

>Seitan takes 10 minutes and costs about 1/10th of what chicken does
you have to kneed it under warm water constantly draining the water for 20 minutes and that's just part of the process, if there was somewhere I could buy a bulk amount I would
I live in Australia btw