Why do I rarely see any Beatles album in people's charts on Sup Forums?

Why do I rarely see any Beatles album in people's charts on Sup Forums?

because they're not that good.

most folks on Sup Forums skipped over them in their early adolescents for some shit alternative band to seem "alt" and cool and then when they actually discovered "underground"/DIY/"indie" music they were too far gone and say stuff like this without ever havin listened to the beatles

I do listen to them though......

Because it's 2017 not 1917

Because most people appreciate the Beatles as an important part of music history, but they don't put them on their personal favourites as they're not born in the wrong generationers who live in the past.

did you mean instead of ?

>No White Album
Absolutely disgusting

>i want to hold ur hand
wow good music

yeyeye

*wanna

Also
>we all live in the yellow submarine

Wtf the fuck is that shit?

Hipster contrarianism that leads to Death Grimes having a fanbase

Its their worst Desu

I'm surprised people like Beatles for sale and with the beatles

Because i dont like that kind of music. And i spent my childhood listening to blondie, depeche mode, skinny puppy, and ministry. Then i got into emo and punk in middle school. Didn't start liking pop until adulthood. But then it's more 80s pop and artpop.

My parents were punks and teen patents, so i just never got into the Beatles. Same reason i never watched high school Musical when all the other kids were watching it.

But you do realize their lyrics are better than Tyler right

and you don't seem to realize poetry is subjective.

I don't like the Beatles. I think they're overrated, not to mention that I did not grow up in that era.

Also, they are finished and everything they've done has already been discussed to death. Lingering on the past is for scrubs.

Music is a lot about your environment, ofc im not gonna be as into beatles if i wasnt raised in the 60s, or raised by parents who liked it, or had friends who liked it.

Thats the answer for most people here. I do appreciate the beatles but like the other guy said, to me theyre part of music history and i listened to them more to feel educated then to enjoy i guess

because they are shitty outdated pop

Because they suck.
This is better than literally anything the Beatles ever did, prove me wrong reddit (you can't).
(note that this is Yoko Ono/Plastic Ono Band, not the album with a similar cover made by some domestic abuser)

The Beatles are good but for most people really into music, they tend to not mean a whole bunch unless you're really young. I still love Revolver and the White Album, but I'm not sure I'd stick them on my chart

why should i listen to ancient music if there are much nice new music like Grimes, Radiohead, Tyler the Creator??

1910 music started
1920-30 classical music
1930-40 - golden age of swing
1940-50 - height of music, bebop, post bop, free jazz
1950-1955 music is still good
1955-1957 music is changing
1957-1960 the quarrymen, the silver beetles,some other **** that was forgettable
1960-1963 you gotta be kidding me this isn't music
1963-1966 crappy music is spreading, fast. "beatlemania" need i say more?
1966-1968 you gotta be kidding me, beatles? reallllyyyyyyyy?
1969-1970 RIP MUSIC
1971-1973 Music is coming back to life
1973-1980 Post punk, ecm jazz, metal, prog, music is getting good
1990-2000 golden age for shoegaze and post rock
2000-2010 height of hip hop, music is amazing again
2011-2017 vaporwave is the new music of the spheres. music is saved. all hair vektroid

Maybe your just not looking because I see them in peoples charts very frequently.

good post

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as “the greatest or most significant or most influential” rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

Lol the next chart thread is gonna be full of Beatles albums now

A better question would be why normie white teens think they are better for liking the Beatles.

Unironically this
The fact that the Beatles were successful does not mean they were the bestest musicians out there

you realize just how low normie standards for music are, right?
uptown funk will come on and they'll say it's old. like a fucking three year old song is ancient to them. do you know what they consider alternative? fucking twenty one pilots, halsey, and 1975. if it's a band it's instantly some kind of patrician shit.
normies think that you're weird for listening to something like country. my sister (a self proclaimed country fan) said she doesn't care about "weird music" like marty robbins. if you don't hear it on the radio then it's obscure to them.
in the end, normies are mirrors for the opinions of others. they just reflect whatever is in front of them. so, when everyone says the beatles are the best band ever, naturally they'll agree. and since it's not on pop radio, the pseudo-normies can claim to have obscure tastes since they have to download fucking spotify to listen to it.

True, man. Normies seem to only like what's popular, too. Seeing as the Beatles sold something like a billion records, they're glorified beyond belief.

They're played on every classic rock station routinely, too. Not sure how many teens listen to that kind of music nowadays, beyond the "Beatles and Pink Floyd are the best bands ever!!!" crowd.

An album that came out this year is in your top 4?

You must be new to this kiddo.

To be fair, most people that claim to like The Beatles on that area don't like them that much. They mostly like the famous stuff. I've heard people claim that Revolver was too weird for them.

The Beatles is still pretty normie, don't get me wrong, but most people haven't even heard Sgt. Pepper's in full, for one. Thus, it's in an even weirder spot. Doesn't help that they had great pop sensibilities so even something like Revolution 9 is surprisingly listenable. It's a midway point between being considerably innovative and being very much a pop band; so you can pretend to be patrician (I'm using patrician here in a sense of "expanding your musical vocabulary so you can consider more and more stuff music, even if you end up disliking 99% of it") while listening to a band with probably some of the greatest pop sensibilities ever.

Besides, that crowd has all but vanished, last time I checked. I'm speaking as a teacher - the last time that crowd was reasonably big was in 2012.

Yeah, they are pretty experimental for a pop band. People can pretend they're patrician for listening to Revolution 9 once.

Still baffles me that people haven't listened to all the Beatles stuff if they're big fans. Went through a Beatles phase when they rereleased their stuff in... 09, i think it was. I got into them later than most (i was 23 or so at the time), so i thankfully avoided the "im so patrish 4 liking teh beetles guyse" thing. Ran into a guy a week ago who thought it was nuts to like Taylor Swift because the Beatles exist. Thought it was weird, though the trend is dying out.

Contrarian avant-teens have succeeded in shaming even the most casual Beatles fan into silence. It's not cool to like The Beatles, and it's even more of a sin to imply that they've had any sort of influence at all on music.

beatles are to Sup Forums what ocarina of time is to Sup Forums

everybody acknowledges that they were extremely influential and shaped the landscape of their medium, but they've been talked about so much that it's kinda boring and the magic has worn off

Beatles are Seinfeld of music

Eh, it's generally not standard practice to listen to albums in their entirety. Most people just listen to songs. They're generally a solid band and you shouldn't be ashamed of listening to them because holy fuck do they have some really interesting composition stuff - though I can get people not liking them, you need to sort of know what you're going after.

Taught a teen the other week that wasn't into music after the 80's. He hasn't really heard much in each era, but he's shown some dedication so I think I'll slowly get him to warm up to some unusual stuff. That said, being a music teacher is just a side job, I'm an audio engineer by trade.

Only in here, which is kinda odd.

I can't really think of a better definition, honestly.

>tfw i still listen to albums over single songs

Personal preference. It's neat singles are making a comeback. I kind of stopped listening to the Beatles. Not because i grew out of them, but i listened to them too much like 10 years ago. I still like them, normie meme aside.

What kind of stuff does that kid like. Have any interesting students?

>What kind of stuff does that kid like?
Prog rock, post-punk, most stuff of the late 60's onwards... He's alright, I reckon.

>Have any interesting students?
Honestly, not many. Surprising amount of teenage girls into K-pop; they seemed mostly normal too, which caught me completely out of the left field. There was this kid who was really into math rock, probably one of the people I had the most fun jamming with. The big surprise was the girl whose favorite album was Spiderland. To be fair, she did have Asperger's and she had entry-level taste for Sup Forums, but she's probably my favorite student and has some really developed taste nowadays.

They replaced lusty negro attitudes with cute white-kid smiles.

I think a lot of people realize that 1. Yes they're very influential to music 2. Nobody is required to like them and there's a lot of music out there and picking the Beatles as one of your favorite bands in these threads almost seems like reaching in your wallet and picking the first fucking thing you see to pay for something.

In a sense the Beatles are overrated, and I think when people start getting into a lot of different music, they forget about the Beatles somewhere along the road. I mean, that's what happened to me. I even forgot about the Beatles when I was still stuck in finding new classic rock, jazz, metal and whatever hip hop was acceptable for a 12 year old white boy to listen to.

It's also this thing that you're either "the Beatles are overrated garbage and nobody can like them" or "the Beatles are objectively one of the BEST BANDS OF ALL TIME ALDKFJABWNDLD

Both are kind of stupid arguments at the end of the day.

Not a lot of people in the middle who can say that YES the Beatles had a huge influence on music BUT that influence wasn't as huge as we all imagine it to be (and nor was it all positive). and I like the a whole lot of Beatles songs but they bore me sometimes.

The first kid you mentioned sounds cool. Same with math rock kid and Spidergirl.

The only jpop (kpop maybe. Asian pop anyway) fan i know is a half Innu girl from Labrador. Weird,

I find them boring tbqh

It's odd, I half expect everyone in the kpop generals to be a girl in her early teens just because of my experiences. As for the math rock kid and Spidergirl, long story short, the two formed a band together. I've seen them play more than a handful of times. It's the two playing basses, a friend of theirs on the violin and a drum machine - they play some really dancy, kinda funky math rock, even though the drums play basically a four on the floor beat with a few variations like 90% of the time.

because you're only cool if you listen to obscure harsh noise or kvlt black metal releases that were released on 15 cassettes

Tbh "teenage girls" are the primary demographic for kpop. Nothing wrong with the music itself though.
Their music sounds cool. Do they have a SoundCloud or something? Are they any good?

Nah, they're pretty much a live band only right now. They're planning on recording an EP after they get a singer, hopefully one that can also be a keyboardist. They're good, nothing groundbreaking but they're one of those bands that you can feel are having tons of fun while playing.