Rock’s Not Dead, It’s Ruled by Women

are they right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Us2Ns_Si-iM
youtube.com/watch?v=xVtuwxeqBYM
youtube.com/watch?v=L7p_C9OlN40
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What do you think?

I couldn't tell you who any of those people are, probably because I'm not in the gender studies department.

I'm surprised that they didn't say
>And that's a good thing
Or something in the article's title

why do they look like Sup Forums caricatures of liberals

this

I'd rather rock being dead thanks

Sheer Mag is pretty good but no where near as good as "White Reaper" or "King Gizz".. Also "The Royal Headaches" are pretty good. So is "Pup".

Just a clickbaity article. Glad these girls are getting some attention though.

I saw savages a few years ago at a festival and couldnt stop thinking about how they are basically caricatures of exactly what you would think an all female punk band would look like.

That and the lead singer seemed to take the whole thing WAY too seriously. Especially during the song that had "dont let the fuckers get you down" repeated 9 trillion times.

There was also a fat neckbeard standing next to me ACTUALLY Wearing a fedora, he was loving it. he smelled like death though.

They could have at least used women that are actually recognisable for their feminist pandering bullshit.

The more pressing question is why are you reading ButtFeed-tier editorials, user?

they like what they are, upper middle class women who appropriate punk after listening to joy division once

Of course they're not right, seeAs with all fields - when a work is notable, or attempts to be notable, by virtue of being [DEMOGRAPHIC] it is almost always a pale mockery.

It's the difference between a woman who is a musician, and a musician who is a woman.

they're funny to read

because it popped up on my newsfeed

Take the grips pill. "We're feminist, we support homosexuality and individualism, we're in favor of a transparent world leadership."

Stop being bigots. It's 2017. MC Ride would be ashamed. Life doesn't fucking matter so stop wasting it on stupid political bullshit. Read a book.

We're all going to die which is such a comfort ,

>rock's not dead
incorrect
>it's ruled by women
this was never correct and will never be correct

life not mattering and life mattering are two constructed abstractions in our brains, the reality is neither

>implying shitting on this article is hatred of women, rather than hatred of sophistry.

Rock is on a bit of a downfall for now, but that article's title honestly just sounds retarded.

"Rock 'n Roll" was originally slang, it meant "fucking". When you told someone in the 50s you listened to "rock 'n roll" music you were basically saying you listened to "fucking" music. This is why it was so shocking to older, more conservative Americans.

Do any of these bitches look like they fuck?

they fuck each other

Fat women are hilarious

And I don't mean their jokes

The fuck is that thing in the middle?

A strong beautiful stunning & brave body positive activist

I'd fuck the whore to the right of trigglypuff.

Plaid pants and mac demarcho on the floor would get consideration.

It is genuinely disgusting.

What sucks about these chicks is they're not hot. It's like damn you dumb twats your music doesn't even have to be good just give me something to spank to. Don't get me wrong making good music would be a plus but my dick comes before my ears. Serve your master.

>That and the lead singer seemed to take the whole thing WAY too seriously
I hope you're not implying this is a negative.

youtube.com/watch?v=Us2Ns_Si-iM
If only women spent as much time being as impressive as they claim they are.

>Rock is ruled by women
>King Gizz and Royal Blood are all men

youtube.com/watch?v=xVtuwxeqBYM

Wtf I'm gay now

I fucking wish homosexuality was a choice. Could you imagine it? A camping holiday with your manly bros, you go fishing together, catch some rabbits, maybe use their hides as water skins. Come home after a long day of survivalism, back to the campfire, sharing ghost stories, cooking up some tasty salmon before heading back to the tent for a good hard dicking. But no, instead I was cursed to be attracted to fucking women, and not just women, but modern women. Women raised in an era of post-modern subjectivity. I hate this world.

That's really not that different from:
youtube.com/watch?v=L7p_C9OlN40

yeah fat women are funny because unlike fat men they don't think anything is wrong with them and they parade about how they are healthy despite being 300+ pounds

Got a co-worker who is an aggressive feminist. Every day she tries to trick me into offending her, it's really weird. I can feel myself turning gay as a result.

For some reason I dont really see that woman driving a bulldozer through the back wall of the venue though.

Other then Metric what other popular female led alt rock groups even exist?

FUCK WHITE MALES ROCK IS FOR WOMEN YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS QUEEN SLAY

this is fucking shit

funny they disabled the comments and likes bar too

its almost like they knew it was shit but still wanted to show the whole world

No doubt. Most people don't (purportedly) cut cats in half on stage, either.

Wait....

It's like they mistake smugness for creativity and/or confidence? I don't understand these people.

Garbage
Hole
L7
Breeders
Throwing Muses
Lush
Bikinikill
Tiger Trap

That was all in the 90s though

they keep forcing this shit yet no one listens to these bands. If rock suddenly becomes popular from these bands fair enough.

At the moment all I see is a revolving door of 'quirky' female rock bands pushed in the music press.

Is there a version of nu-male for millennial women?

Holy shit same person from that fucking meme.

The 90s were objectively better for gender equality in music since most of those bands have strong defined sounds.

feminist
sjw
tumblrina

doesn't the girl from diet cig only know like three chords
bad example!

The 90s were objectively better for everything by almost any metric.

Really what do we have today that's better? The Internet? Hell they had it back then and it was more fun because it wasn't full of normies, kids, and negros.

Articles like this are proof that rock is dead

Maybe she couldn't play the solo from Stairway to Heaven

>article is written by a guy
defeats the purpose of the article don't you think?
if a guy has to say it

Of course it's a man saying it. He's trying to get into bed with these women.

If those women are good rock artists, and produce good music, I don't see why.

nice bait trip, friendo :^)

>Cliterate

Are they saying that being ruled by women is like being dead?

Paramore aka the band Metric has routinely opened for you fucking regressive macho dipshit

>GODS I WAS STRONG THEN

>are they right?
no

chick bands were cool in the 80s and 90s but ever since they've just been trash like this

THANK THE GODS FOR BESSIE AND HER FAT TITS

Loads of Japanese bands like Melt-banana and tricot. There's also shit like Sunny Day in Glasgow or whatever they're called and all the surf rock shit.

cringe

I read an article some months saying: ROCKS NOT DEAD, SOUTHERN ROCK IS BACK AND ITS MULTICULTURAL AND BALEJLALKFJWKGBHKLJ"

I keep seeing these awful click bait sjw articles trying to conjure up some sort of sjw rock scene but no one is buying it.

Its pretty obvious that it isnt about rock music to sjw's, but identities. They want rock to be like some sassy fat black woman.

Well the cool kids decided rock music was dead, guitars are dead, you look at the rock charts and its nothing but reissues or really bad soft rock with no guitars or really muffled guitars in the background like some imagine dragons shit

Really, the way i see guitar music coming back into the mainstream is through metal, not rock. Metal still has some room for growth. That little hipster metal scene, deafheaven, liturgy. It could use a few more bands, maybe a popularity boost. I could see it expanding post metal, art metal, You could fuse thrash metal with shoegaze.
I could also see metal being fused with EDM, or the concept of "dance metal" should be explored more.

ALL I WANT IS A LITTLE BIT OF LOVE TO TAKE THE PAIN AWAY!

>Terrible Feelings
>White Lung
>Vapid
>The Kills
>Christ vs. Warhol
>Cold in Berlin
>Kitty in a Casket
>The Creepshow

Yeah, I think they have a point. Inb4 >post-punk and punk isnt rock reeeee

Warpaint has a couple of good songs

>You could fuse thrash metal with shoegaze.
Yes please.

I wish being an artist was this easy outside of retarded sjw congregations

seriously, take the sounds of the big 4, put them behind a shoegaze sound.
Metallica but inside a radiator.

Create a new look, like mix indie fashion with metal fashion.

it is that easy
i don't get your point?

Fund it

OK, being an artist that people actually go to see and not laugh at even if they do something this retarded, uninspired and untalented.

its called local diy shows. i see cringe shit every week at local punk-hardcore shows which has no sjws or anything like that.
its just nobody bothers to film it because thats just being mean.

Lil Uzi Vert is the modern rock star.

Why is the one in the middle so fat?

Under fucking rated

christ, of all the rappers you pick some irrelevant meme rapper that will be replaced by next year by some other ugly nigger with tye dye dreads

The SJW scene has been trying for a while to force its way into the mainstream media. The problem they face is that there's no market for their gimmicks outside of the people who already like them. They really push hard to create a sense of hype among the uninitiated. They did it with Ghostbusters 2016 as well, where we had shit like 'yes the new Ghostbusters are women, and yes that's a good thing'. In simple terms I think they're trying to turn their niche market idpol into mass market material. The problem they're facing? There is literally no market for any of what they're doing. Thus all these articles and virtue signalling look like someone trying to swim against the current.

at the age of 27 he will leave the earth for the pale emperor.

dude thats the normie version of the sjw scene.
actually sjws don't even look like that.

>We're feminist
>we support [...] individualism

they bring no new sound to rock, and their politics alienate the mass market.
I mean, metal heads are elitist shits and hate that hipster p4k shit, but deafheavn are pretty much like metal joy division. There really is room for expansion with a new refreshing sound, look. It could use some more bands.
Like i could picture metal evolving into a guy that is like morrissy fused with dave mustain.
And after that dies.
Well, what would happen if New order but metal?
Idpol is a weak substitution for innovation or skill.

The short haired one at the very back. It's obvious she has issues from her position and expression. Very insecure, bookish. Just kinda tags along. Lets the others use her as a doormat.

Reminds me of my very own sister.

a lot of the punk/post-punk in my city is feminist and the music is pretty ok

i don't get what the big deal is

its almost like Sup Forums always brigades these videos so they have to disable the comments

Difference in attitude. Big gap between Slewter Kinney/Bikini Kill and Pussy Riot.

holy fuck how is that desk still standing?

Yeah the fact there isn't like 1/3 poc in that image kinda ruins it.
Would instantly be dismissed as 'not intersectional enough'

Local scenes are local scenes, it doesn't mean it's the dominant force in rock music nationally.

i mean yeah we have a couple of bands that are just massive landwhales yelling, but the room clears pretty quickly because they suck.

that's the good thing about being able to include them: bands don't succeed for being feminist, they succeed if the music is good.

>everything bad that happens ever is Sup Forums
People link cringe music videos on Sup Forums all the time and always have

Well you asked what the deal is, so I'm telling you. Its not the feminism, its the autistic screeching from tumblr.