ITT: Best Post-Grunge albums

ITT: Best Post-Grunge albums

Except once you know what a preachy christfag Stapp is, you start to notice it bleeding into the lyrics and it's fucking annoying.

>best
>creed
wew lad

Human Clay [Wind-Up, 1999]

In the year rock died again, what should come storming back but metal--d/b/a "hard" or "loud" rock and, as Syracuse demonstrated, uglier than ever. Yet these God-fearing grunge babies sound falser than rape-inciting Limp Bizkit, abuse-tripping Static-X, party animals Buckcherry, or even world-dance Days of the New. Because their songs address universals, they don't debase women, a plus. But their spirituality is as sodden as their sonics. I mean, it's not as if familial oppression isn't real. It's the main thing that turns the hard and loud into truth-seekers and revenge-seekers both. So after years of Marilyn Manson lies, young bands seem to have found a psychic space where such themes open up the musical imagination. By contrast, these guys are still in denial, bellowing regressive circumlocutions to drown out the truth inside. Which is what? Maybe lust. C

If only I could figure out what the fuck this guy is trying to say.

>implying there is good post grunge

HOLD ME NOW
I'M SIX FEET FROM THE EDGE AND I'M THINKING

It's really a singles genre, there's no reason to listen to those albums.

The first two Foo Fighters albums are quite decent desu

Those were before post-grunge was really a thing.

It's not that hard to read between the lines, he just uses unnecessarily big words to try to come off as intelligent. It's pretty sad honestly but he gets away with it because he's been doing it for so long. I've watched plenty of interviews with him and he generally talk that way in person. He probably sits down with a thesaurus for his reviews and goes out of his way to turn what could be a simple statement into a winding paragraph that goes nowhwere.

he wants you to think that he's smart

People who use unnecessarily big words for the sake of it are usually dumb people trying to make themselves look smart. Actual intelligent people can get their point across in as few words as possible.

Even by post-grunge standards creed is pretty terrible

I like LH more than I probably should

What if you were like that when you were in highschool but quickly realized what you were doing after you turned 18

I don't know m8, it could just be average people trying to convince themselves they're something more than what they are. Truly dumb people wouldn't give a shit about trying to sound verbose.

this is actually good

I'll post grunge albums after you post grunge albums

b

There is, it's just buried under the sea of mediocrity the genre has. Creed certainly isn't one of those post grunge bands that's good

OK I'll bite, what's some post-grunge with actually interesting instrumentation and song structures?

Give Days Of The New a try. It's pretty gloomy and mostly acoustic based, so it's pretty standalone among most post grunge acts. The band is mostly Travis Meeks with various supporting musicians on every album. He's always had drug problems in his life, as well as having to cope with asperger's. He has a super uncomfortable time around people, so his anxiety really shows in his writing.

> post grunge
> implying that it's possible for it to be good

nah he was an english major at dartmouth brainlets will never understand what it's like to attend a top uni