archive.fo/V3h6t
archive.fo/a1lJ4
archive.fo/1aCOs
archive.fo/Bjsqs
archive.fo/HwxX6
archive.fo/lyvW0
archive.fo/HzquC
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We are products of nature therefore everything we do and the result of it is natural.

soundcloud.com/saxon_casi/whisps-of-blu?in=saxon_casi/sets/top-tracks

It's something that naturally happens, but during the industrial age we accellerated it tens of thousands of years. So natural, yes. Current speed of the change, that's mankind.

Well when ever major scientific body in the world agrees that we are causing climate change, I really don't think it matters what some random retard on here says.

Read the Wikipedia page on global warming, it's pretty good. You're not gonna get knowledge bombs on this from fucking Sup Forums lol

> asking about climate change on Sup Forums
> expecting "enlightenment"

If you want to know about climate change you will have to do some reading yourself.

the climate always changes
that's all

but is it as threatening as people make it out to be, or is it a mild problem that we are overreacting to?

>is it caused by us or is it simply natural
Naturally occurring but being sped/worsened up by human activity

It is a fucking nightmare and we are all going to get affected by it over the next couple of decades.

That's what you wanna hear?

It was a mild problem when Al Gore took it on and some measure to slow it down did take place. Now that methane and other green house gases are being released from defrosting perma frost and hair trigger hurricans and superstorms are happening, it's a real problem now... starting ten years ago.

>but is it as threatening as people make it out to be
If you live in a coastal city, near the equator, or somewhere where it gets really hot you probably would want to move within the next 50 years.

im nordic so i guess i'll stay here

youtube.com/watch?v=OwqIy8Ikv-c

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 it an 8

will answer seriously. the problem is that people use the term climate change to refer to all human caused harm to the environment. so some coral reefs died from sunscreen, or more specifically from chemicals in sunscreen that are now in the ocean. people call it climate change. the problem is that the term climate change is colloquially understood to mean carbon fuel caused harm to the environment.

bees are in a similar category. industrial pesticides kill bees, but for several years climate scientists said that bees were being killed by climate change.

the result is there is a fair amount of poorly done research under the umbrella of climate change. researchers get research grants to study climate change, and this contributes to the 'consensus among scientists.' the problem is that the majority of proposed climate change policy does little to address things that can be changed- people need industrial agriculture for food, so politicians are not going to legislate pesticide use. sunscreen lotion companies contribute to the economy by employing people in factories, and those people vote, so politicians are not going to require that sunscreen lotion makers change sunscreen lotion to protect marine life.

but Al Gore invested in companies that make wind and solar power, and those companies contribute money to political campaigns. so politicians propose legislation to require wind and solar power, even though it won't do anything about bees or coral reefs. and most people have a pretty good ability to recognize serious BS, and a lot of the discussion on climate change in serious BS. most of the proposed climate change policy is serious BS.

so climate change is real, but most of the climate science needs to be taken with a grain of salt. and most climate change policy will make money for people who donate to political campaigns without doing anything to mitigate climate change.

thanks for the actual answer, now i know that i shouldn't throw away my car and stop using a gas stove like the entire fucking world tells me to

the oil industry also funds what i consider poorly done research. there is poorly done research on both sides. the issue requires critical thinking, and if you use critical thinking people will call you a climate change denier. i think we need good research and good climate change policy, but there is little of either

>Exposed: How world leaders were duped into investing billions over manipulated global warming data
>archive.fo/V3h6t
>Whistle-Blower: ‘Global Warming’ Data Manipulated Before Paris Conference
>archive.fo/a1lJ4
>NOAA Attempts To Hide The Pause In Global Warming: The Most Disgraceful Cover-Up Since Climategate
>archive.fo/1aCOs
>Climate Change Hoax? NOAA Data Exaggerated Global Warming, Alleged Whistleblower Claims
>archive.fo/Bjsqs
>NOAA Scientists Falsify Data to Dupe World Leaders on Climate Change
>archive.fo/HwxX6
>Climate change: this is the worst scientific scandal of our generation
>archive.fo/lyvW0
>More Countries Caught Manipulating Their Climate Data
>archive.fo/HzquC

Objectivly speaking, it will be a horror of unknown extend.
Changes in climate often go hand in hand with migration. Last time this happened, there were maybe around 200000 human beings on this here planet. Today it's closer to 7 billion. Vast landmasses will become uninhabitable due to climate change, there will be desertification aswell as floodings of huge areas. People there will want to get out. Imagine what's going to happen then.
It is a very realistic estimation that the number one reason for migration/refugee crisis in ~30 years will not be war or economic reasons, but the symptoms of climate change.

And this is just one thing. Events of extreme weather will increase rapidly, that's something you can already see today. With the rising temperatures, the seas will warm up. Organisms that are widely responsible for balancing our climate live in the sea and will decrease in population due to higher water temperatures, which will only increase the speed of climate change. Due to higher temperatures, the permafrost soils in Russia/Siberia will melt. Under these soils, there are vast amounts of methane which will be released into the atmosphere, which will be everything but funny.

Long story short: Things will become rather nasty. And we can do something to at least slow down the process. This is not about politics, this is not about an agenda. These things will not only affect liberals or hippies.

thanks for both your honest answers, i have a solid understanding of it from those archive links

Hurr durr i believe climate change and the world will explode into the 4th dimention if we dont become vegans man and like get rid of all fuel sources from the last 150 years or so effectively bringing the world back 150 years or so like man. Just your common fear mongering. We didnt have an ice age like they said in the 70s and we arent the sun like theyve been saying since the 90s.

It's caused by me.
Sorry, my bad.

it's nothing more than another scheme to weasel money out of the US taxpayer as well as an attempt at world government under the fucking UN