Is this the best thing synthpop had to offer? General thoughts on this album?

Is this the best thing synthpop had to offer? General thoughts on this album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wM4YamvQiNI
youtube.com/watch?v=V2aXY1G5crU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First song was good. As far as i got desu. Imo closer by joy division was the pinnacle of synth pop

Sup Forums everybody.

Well tbf i think most of the genre is trash. Unless ypu can sell it.

first song is only great one lol

idk I like gary numale and the human league too

how is closer synthpop you colossal faggot

listen to Die Mensch Maschine, t's like the trip to a Soviet-German retro-futuristic high-tech factory in the 1970's. A lot of optimism and general proudness and feeling of love for progress crossed with machine-like noises and a non-stop drive.

Because its mostly synth based brainlet.

Theres more synth in some of the closer songs than in age of consent..

>synths only on 4/9 tracks
>not even a central part of those songs

end yourself

Decades, eternal, means to an end, isolation, heart and soul and the third track i forget the name. They still all have more synth than age of consent.

not even the best New Order had to offer. still a good album, though.

no this is

This. Technique is their best

No, this is:
youtube.com/watch?v=wM4YamvQiNI
youtube.com/watch?v=V2aXY1G5crU

one of the sleaziest bands ever. their second and third LPs are great too and even more underrated.

Oh god, stop posting

New order at their peak, very cool album opening and closing track are great

pet shop boys

Wish they made more songs like Age of Consent. Their other songs aren't really good at all.

>the gay boys

why?

Violator by Depeche Mode is the goat synthpop album, hands down. The next best contender is Technique.

Pet Shop Boys are great and all, but I have a hard time imagining that they're anybody's favorite band, much less the best of the genre.

explain "pop" then moron

>Pet Shop Boys are great and all, but I have a hard time imagining that they're anybody's favorite band
Why not? Behaviour and Introspective are incredible albums, and their focus on orchestration (from Angelo Badalamenti no less) mixed in with the electronics gives them a much more elaborate and elegant sound than many of the other synth acts of the time. I like Depeche Mode and New Order more, but if that type of sound is your thing, I could easily see someone holding their records above any others.

Lool what du want me to explain? Joy division is pop music. Theres many good joy division "pop" songs

*ahem

lmao

I know. It really is the pinnacle of synthpop.

This is the best thing with the New Order name on it, IDGAF if it's a compilation it's still the best New Order record by a landslide

Good points. I guess I'm just making an unreasonable assumption based on the fact I don't listen to them very often and I never see anyone citing them as a favorite.

not even the best in their discography

I didn't like it a whole lot. It's good, but IMO Low-Life is way better. It's where you really see the full transition from Joy Division's works to full-on synthpop, and it's a really odd blend of cheery, upbeat drum work and synths with a kind of haunting, somber feel in the background.

Two words - Black. Celebration.

That's not Depeche Mode

I like the over all sound of that album but I can't stand the hokey vocals. Apparently Bernard Sumner was forced to be lead singer at gun point.

>Apparently Bernard Sumner was forced to be lead singer at gun point.
Huh?

Last time I complained about his vocals here someone said that he never wanted to be singer and was the only option.

my niggas

It's Low-Life, niggas

Low-Life is by miles the best New Order album, every other opinion is wrong