This man is the savior of country music

This man is the savior of country music.

Pretty much

I hate most country music, but metamodern sounds is such a great album

Nah. Maybe if he was more prolific.

t. person who never listened to anything country related outside Jason Aldean before

>SHOULD'VE DONE THIS TEN YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAARS AGO

Sturgill is good but country doesn't need saving, and certainly doesn't need snobs saying it needs saving

Steve Earle is far better than this hack

Sturgill Simpson is the Father John Misty of country in the worst way possible

It most certainly needs saving

You will always look nostalgically to the past and never be content with the present state of things. You would have done the same at any point in history.

no bruh, the present state of mainstream country sucks, however there is plenty of good current country, you'll just never hear it on the radio, instead you gotta search for it

Wheeler is better than both

literally same as it ever was. For every Waylon in the 70s, there were dozens of vapid shit acts on the charts at the same time.

yeah except now nothing good makes it onto the charts or the radio.

You're welcome to that opinion, but I disagree.

wheeler is just a poor mans scuzz

I'll accept you might be right if you can name more than two good mainstream country acts. I"ll even help you out with chris stapleton and janey johnson, but that's pretty much it. but if you do have a third or more, I'd be interested in hearing about them

Personally I like a lot of mainstream singers like Brad Paisley, Eric Church, etc., thought I certainly don't like everything they put out. Some of it straight up sucks.

You have keep in mind that they're often the face for a team of songwriters, producers and other behind the scenes people who are doing a lot if the work, and the singers themselves aren't usually very personally invested in some of the songs that become "theirs," kind of like an actor playing some shitty blockbuster role to get a shitload if money. Just ignore the shitty stuff they do.

Sturgil is good but Jason Isbell cannot be touched as a singer or writer right now.

paisley is goat

Love Isbell to death, but his work with the Drive-By Truckers >>>>>>> his current stuff, though I like it as well.

Sturgill, Isbell, and Chris Stapleton get the most press, but if y’all haven’t listened to the albums Colter Wall and Tyler Childers put out this year you need to. The latter’s was actually produced by Sturgill.