2014: no one outside of Canada knows who Alvvays is

2014: no one outside of Canada knows who Alvvays is
2017: everyone knows who Alvvays is, new album is one of the most hyped indie releases of the year

I'm really into the Canadian indie scene and this is fucking rare. This really goes to show how far touring as an opener in the states can get you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MVC9iRRF05M
youtube.com/watch?v=yAvxIjuOF6E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw canadian
>found out about them like a month ago

It sucks growing old eh

I'm Canadian and I've never heard of them.

Alvvays are boring

Literally who, but I'd let the blonde have sex with me so long as she's a virgin

Known about them since the first album came out (which I got, physically) and I'm from Ireland. It's not exactly hard to find music, especially popular bands.

they look like parents

>everyone knows who Alvvays is

don't flatter yourself

it's almost like them dropping their first album catapulted them to hype band status. weird

saw them live over the weekend, very good

just read the right blogs OP, they were everywhere after the first album too

i thought they were so boring for like 2 years and now i kind of like them.

Are those the Cake By The Ocean fags

considering all you have is U2

No one in Ireland likes U2. We have a decent punk/metal scene and one good hip-hop guy

Liked them back then, even saw them at an outdoor festival in Ontario back when they were the hypest shit.

Now, I don't know why, but I have no interest in hearing that new release, and I haven't listened to that debut since then. It's like I completely burned out on their sound, despite really liking tweet female vocal indie shit like Japanese Breakfast.

If this band and the tragically hip is the best Canada has to offer then jfc. At least dfa79 were high energy in their prime, these guys have nothing

>I'm really into the Canadian indie scene
got maybe some uhhh charts?

you have literally no idea what your talking about

>one good hip-hop guy
we sure do
youtube.com/watch?v=MVC9iRRF05M

im european and i found about them late 2014 while i was in my indie phase again

when i noticed Sup Forums hyping them up i was like wtf yall real late

EVEN FANTANO TALKED ABOUT THEM AND YALL DIDNT SAY SHIT ????????????

youtube.com/watch?v=yAvxIjuOF6E

It wasn't touring that got them popular. It was hipsters attaching to pitchfork the tastemaker

>tickets for their upcoming tour get sold out at the venue near you

the fuck do i do now

Is there a better Canadian album from the past 5 years?

literally one of his worst reviews and i'm not even a giant alvvays fan.

he just totally ignores their obvious knack for melody and acts like they're an exact clone of real estate or beach fossils or some shit

Japanese Breakfast's new album is 1/10 as good as Antisocialites

There were constant threads about them back then as well.

post rare mollys

lol what?

pitchfork panned the fuck out of Alvvays user. so did the melon

this is part of what annoys me about reviews in general. seems to be such a huge focus on "feel" or "vibe" which matters a lot, but when an artist has a gift for melody it feels like it's not something thats pointed out in the same way. melody is probably the most ijmportant thing to me in music, so the difference between even beach fossils and real estate is huge since real estate just don't even write melodies lmao

exactly i agree 100%.

i also think alvvays is head and shoulders above both desu

scaruffi is probably the biggest offender in terms of not even paying attention to the melodies on albums

giv molly gf

no

>Canadian indie scene
it died almost a decade ago now its just a bunch of stuck up cunts from park dale comical drive and the platea/mile end clinging on to a dead horse