How come Britain is the home of all sport?

I was looking at pic related and it dawned on me that Britain is the home of pretty much all modern global sports.

>Football
Invented in England.
>Olympics
Okay that's the ONLY ONE that's not British. The modern Olympics were founded by a Frenchman in Switzerland.
>Cricket
Of course, invented in England.
>NFL
Based on English sports! American football is just a corruption of rugby, which of course was brought to America by the English.
>Formula 1
Britain is the de facto home of F1 - 7 of the 10 current teams have bases here. 5 of them (half) are ENTIRELY based here. Also, we hosted the first ever world championship grand prix, and we've produced the most championship winners drivers and constructors (by far, in both cases)
>Tennis
Modern tennis (known as lawn tennis) was invented in Birmingham, England.
>Also:
>Golf
Invented in Scotland.
>Hockey
Invented in England. Ice hockey is just a corruption of this British sport.
>Baseball
Invented in England. Yes that's right, check Wikipedia if you don't believe me.

So basically we invented all modern globally popular sports. Why are we so goddamn amazing?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Naismith
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basketball
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Dutch invented cricket mate

Didn't the Chinese invent soccer?

here

disregard this, i suck dicks.

Lmoa

>Baseball
>Invented in England
It was invented in New Jersey, you fucking idiot.

No it wasn't

The first professional baseball game was played in Hoboken, New Jersey. However, it wasn't invented here.

That's pretty impressive. How are they so shit at all of them then?

>invent all sports
>suck at all of them

Why would you be proud of this?

Invented by a Canadian (ie: British)

A lot of cultures came up with a ball and goal sport.

Hmm wait a second, that date is unfamiliar to me. Disregard, I too suck dicks.

Inventing basketball is not something to be proud of

pic looks a little outdated

Dont know why its not on there but the 2015 rugby world cup final got 120 million

It's old. The Cricket World Cup semis got past a billion viewers

>EVERY SINGLE POSTER ITT is from an Anglo nation

I don't even know how to feel about this

America isn't anglo

Sports became a fad in the UK around the 1800s for the richer class to do when not at work.

The idea being a stronger and fitter body led to a similar mind "work hard, play hard"

As such a lot of rulebooks were published in the UK to make a lo f money on people wanting to learn how to play a sport and thus they were "invented" when the rulebook was published.

A side effect of this, if anyone is familiar with any history of any sport, is that for decades these sports were played primarily by rich amateurs because of the fact that sports were seen as something to do in spare time away from "real work" professionalism in sport was looked down on even as far up o as the 1970s~80s in some sports before finally becoming "Open" to both amateurs and professionals

Depending on the sport but the main reason is because these sports were mainly seen as something rich kids did at school or rich guys did when off work for over a century, and some still are like cricket. But in other countries it isn't s their player base is way bigger and more serious than it can ever b in the UK

Slav squatter found

>invent hockey
>be goat at it

how can Bongistan even compete?

But Canada, Australia and England are

So the bongs, didn't invent those sports; but they ARE just a very pedantic people ?

Pretty much. Rounders is not all like the current game of baseball, and football is very different than rugby. Ice hockey was invented in Canada, as well.

>First played 18th century England
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball

Faggot :^)

>Rounders
>not gonna lie - never heard of it
>pic related makes me think bong girls just wanted some innocent dildo play

Not only very pedantic; bongs are also very repressed, sexually

It's not a global sport, which is why I didn't mention it.

But this guy is right: It was invented by a Canadian, Dr. James Naismith, in Massachusetts like that image says. Naismith's parents were Scottish, who emigrated to Canada. Also, basketball was originally played with a "sawker" ball... and "sawker" (or, that is, football) is British!

We have a hand in everything my friend :)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Naismith
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basketball

*pic related

Good post

No we invented them you fuckface

BASEBALL ITSELF WAS INVENTED IN BRITAIN

GRIDIRON HANDEGG IS LITERALLY DIRECTLY FUCKING DESCENDED FROM RUGBY YOU FUCKING ASSFUCKER

ICE HOCKEY IS LITERALLY JUST THE ENGLISH GAME OF HOCKEY PLAYED ON ICE YOU FUCKING COCKMONGLING FUCKFACE

I've seen pakis carrying criket bats in your country and bongs seem perfectly fine with it. Why don't the police arrest them?

yet they are shit at all of them baka

>GRIDIRON HANDEGG IS LITERALLY DIRECTLY FUCKING DESCENDED FROM RUGBY
It's not the same sport. The forward pass is the most important part of the current game of football, and you didn't invent that.
>ICE HOCKEY IS LITERALLY JUST THE ENGLISH GAME OF HOCKEY PLAYED ON ICE
So it's not the English game of hockey? Being on ice is kind of critical to the current game of hockey lmao.

Britain also invented the greatest country in history, the United States of America, which is now better than it in every sport imaginable.

basketball is more global than American Football or baseball

Just because it's based off another game doesn't mean it isn't a new sport

HOW DARE YOU CLAIM MY GLORIOUS HANDEGG YOU FUCK WIT