Listening to this for the first time

listening to this for the first time
gunna give my reactions live itt

Spoilers:

It's a really good album

It's shit.

i know this first song, it's okay i guess

i guess i;ll use a trip for this thread

Just skip to Jesus of Suburbia and quit. You can thank me later.

why is there a 9 minute long song on this pop punk album?

JoS is good but there are so many other good songs

Its worth it

Because it's the only decent song.
No

The long songs are the best songs.

Also Letterbomb is 10/10

oh, ok, i guess it's like progressive punk, i thought it was just gonna be the same thing for 9 minutes
the drums sound weird, but i kinda like them

Give me Novacaine and Whatsername are also pretty good.

Letterbomb is GOAT

>All the plebs forgetting ARWTW

i doubt these guys could get away with saying "faggot" or "retarded" nowadays, i don't know much about the pop punk scene though, i had a friend in high school who went to warped tour(?) like every year, that's the gist of my experience of the genre

wait, i forgot to mention, my first "favourite band" was simple plan, but i only watched them on much music and remember like 2 songs
yeah, that song is pretty good though

i know this holiday song too
i remember hearing it on the radio and liking the part where he sounds like he's on an old radio and he's like "the representitive from california has the floor" or something

Green Day said nigger in their 2009 album. Crazy how things change in so little time. No mainstream artist could get away with that today.

Yeah, that one's a pretty shit song. Only good single was Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

It's a sick as fuck transition onto the next song, though

I did

this song's alright, feels like they were trying to make it slightly heavier or something
it's at least heavier than the first two songs

i kinda remember this one too
it kinda sounds like a nickelback song with pop punk vocals
what's the nickelback song i'm thinking of, it was called like "save me" or "i'm falling" or something. i just remember the music video had people with countdowns above their head

yeah, the nickelback song was called "savin' me". this is really reminiscent of nickelback, at least what i've heard from them, which is literally just their singles that got played a bunch 10-15 years ago
it's okay

This album killed Green Day

this song is pretty good, kinda sappy and corny but i'm a sucker for that kinda thing, the choir backing vocals sound dumb though

i think billy joe armstrong's ego killed green day
guy can't accept that pop punk ran its course
that stunt he pulled at that one concert where he smashed his guitar was embarassing to watch

on st. jimmy now, i like it, it's energetic and classic pop punk sound (i think)

on give me novacaine now, it's pleasant so far

the slide guitar in the background of the softer parts reminds me of the music from spongebob

wow that transition gave me whiplash

this song just sounds like they made it up in 20 minutes because they needed a song for this character in their rock opera. really generic and uninteresting

don't know why they introduced this song with that like indian sounding music or what it has to do with this girl being extraordinary. maybe they just thought the one riff they use in some of the verses sounded exotic and they wanted to emphasis it?

not huge on this song either. lyrics are terrible

letterbomb is pretty fun so far

i know this one kinda
i guess the copy of this that i downloaded is corrupted but only on this song because it keeps spazzing out

this song's alright, sappy but again i'm a sucker for that shit
would be nicer if didn't keep getting intermittently interupted by these fucking compressed fart sounds

keep up the updates op im enjoying them
i saw green day live last night lol despite not really listening to them in a few years

i don't understand how american idiot relates to the concept. it seems like a radio hit that was added to get people to listen to it. inb4 al

thanks man, how was the show?
another 9 minute song, interesting. i wish they had continued with that march sample being part of the rhythm

Its a precurser to JoS, meant to show his dissatisfaction with currwnt life in america

it was honestly great, the middle section where they played a lot of their older hits and deeper cuts from american idiot was the best part, wasn't feeling all of the songs from their newest record but the energy was definitely there

it seems like it's a conceptual overture
i like the bells and drumroll, this is nice

that's good. have they had the same lineup all these years?

that song was good, don't know what the point of that part in the middle was
last song now, is that a drum machine?

last song was decent, although not as good as homecoming. i feel like they could've ended it on homecoming and i would be more satisfied. i guess they wanted to wrap up the story

overall, this album was alright, i'd give it like a 6 outta 10, there's definitely some songs on here that i can see myself returning to
thanks for reading