"bad on purpose"

>Kendrick's DAMN comes out
>most people realize it's shit but fanboys and p4k drones continue to say 'the production and rapping sound bad on purpose!!'

>LCD Soundsystem's American Dream comes out
>most people realize it's shit but fanboys and p4k drones continue to say 'yeah it's awful but it's done ironically so it's interesting!!'

>Talk Talk's "Laughing Stock" comes out
>genuine post-rock fans hate it, fanboys and p4k drones continue to say "boring on purpose, that's the appeal! emotionally dishonest music can be just as good as sincere music!"

When will this meme end? Whatever happened to genuinely good music?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk_Talk#Break_up
rateyourmusic.com/~pabanks
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no one ever said this

inb4 people unironically defending meme rap

>Laughing Stock was hated by genuine post-rock fans when it came out
>Post-rock wasn't even a thing when it released back in the early 90s

:thinking:

>months later
>anons still immensely butthurt about this album

Is this Sup Forums's Breath of the Wild?

all 3 are trash

>Is this Sup Forums's Breath of the Wild?
did Sup Forums not like Breath of the Wild? I thought everyone did

>Call something bad because it is objectively bad
>>Y U SO MAD XD
worldstarhiphop please go

no.
fans were dissapointed in damn so they tricked themselves into thinking he would release another one they actually liked

>>Post-rock wasn't even a thing when it released back in the early 90s
Yikes

imagine being this out of touch

>fans were dissapointed in damn so they tricked themselves into thinking he would release another one they actually liked
Oh yeah I forgot about those reddit theories about a 'second album' that would make up for how bad DAMN was, hilarious that people actually deluded themselves with that conspiracy theory

there may have been "post-rock" releases but there certainly wasn't a notable post-rock scene to have reactions
it's just not the way it was
give it a rest, user

>there may have been "post-rock" releases but there certainly wasn't a notable post-rock scene to have reactions
It was literally the era of first-wave post-rock, how can you be this unfamiliar with the genre while trying to comment on it?

dude, we're talking about the birth of the scene here. a baby can't comment on quality of life

>dude
I'm not a "dude".

>a baby can't comment on quality of life
Speak for yourself.

for a second i thought you were serious
this is how you do bait, everyone

sorry, I wasn't meaning to use dude as a gendered term, I use it neutrally in day to day. do you have a preferred title?

>for a second i thought you were serious
What made you think I wasn't serious?

Behold, the Masterbaiter

>sorry, I wasn't meaning to use dude as a gendered term, I use it neutrally in day to day. do you have a preferred title?
Mrs, or just Jeanine is fine

Anyone who listens to rap isn't emotionally or intellectually mature enough to have any opinions about quality of anything.

People are so fucking stupid.

>Omg did u hear that new rap line about fucking your bitch
>ya dude he's so good at rap like omg totally litty!

>emotionally dishonest music
opinion discarded

sorry Jeanine, but is there something I'm missing here? The scene for first-wave was in its infancy when the album released, are you suggesting it reacted negatively to what is commonly held to be a formative album for the genre?

Sup Forums likes video games as much as Sup Forums likes music

That is, not at all

You know the term "post-rock" was made up after the fact just like no one called themselves "post-punk" right?

>sorry Jeanine, but is there something I'm missing here?
Obviously

>The scene for first-wave was in its infancy when the album released, are you suggesting it reacted negatively to what is commonly held to be a formative album for the genre?
No, I'm stating it reacted negatively to Talk Talk's Laughing Stock, why is this so confusing for you?

I remember seeing Talk Talk in '91 and by the end the crowd was one of the most disappointed I've ever seen post-show

>opinion discarded
Huh, what opinion?

But was it the post rock scene seeing Talk Talk in '91?

>But was it the post rock scene seeing Talk Talk in '91?
Obviously...

>You know the term "post-rock" was made up after the fact just like no one called themselves "post-punk" right?
What's your point?

jesus fucking christ this is the worst bait I've ever seen and it got 30 fucking replies
do you people take pride in being retarded?

Is it obvious though? Would Talk Talk have fully isolated themselves from fans of their old sound at the time?

I just like the convo user ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

why do people act like rock is lyrically significant and not 90% "DOO DOO DOO, DA DA DA, IS ALL I WANT TO SAY TO YOU" tier bullshit

>Is it obvious though? Would Talk Talk have fully isolated themselves from fans of their old sound at the time?
Very.

>jesus fucking christ this is the worst bait I've ever seen and it got 30 fucking replies
What bait? You don't actually think one or more of those albums are good do you?

Oh, fair enough Jeanine. I wasn't involved with the scene at the time so I can't comment much further.

I keep wanting to reply angrily but then I remember this whole thread is obvious bait

Why are you angry?

I'm imagining all the people who loved Spirit of Eden but hated Laughing Stock. All 5 of them.

Millions of people enjoy atleast one of these albums

>Millions of people enjoy atleast one of these albums
Did you even read the OP? There's a difference between sincerely enjoying and ironically "enjoying" an album

>the production and rapping sound bad on purpose!!
I don't remember anyone saying this. Maybe you hang out with people with shit taste.

>I remember seeing Talk Talk in '91 and by the end the crowd was one of the most disappointed I've ever seen post-show
did you actually invent this so you could make your stupid point? women lmao, good luck with your period

>I don't remember anyone saying this. Maybe you hang out with people with shit taste.
Are you too new to Sup Forums to remember when this album came out just a few months ago?

>did you actually invent this so you could make your stupid point?
Why do you think I invented it?

if you're a female around your forties and you visit Sup Forums that needs proof

>if you're a female around your forties and you visit Sup Forums that needs proof
Why? It's irrelevant to the criticism I've raised, you just want to start ad hominems instead of addressing the points

it's not irrelevant. you actually made up that you were in a talk talk concert in 1991 and stated that the crowd was the most disappointed you've ever seen, and you made this up in order to criticize an album.

it's autistic, you should see a psychiatrist

Jeanine probably could have made it up but the age thing is still irrelevant

>you actually made up that you were in a talk talk concert in 1991 and stated that the crowd was the most disappointed you've ever seen, and you made this up in order to criticize an album.
I'm not sure why you'd insist I made this up unless you have no other argument to make, sorry I don't keep scans of ticket stubs from 30 years ago. I worked at a music store for a few years so we were given a handful of promo tickets for customers

>it's autistic, you should see a psychiatrist
You should get out more, you seem to have deep distrust in others

Halfway through the thread and you're the only person making any sense

okay then, "Jeanine"

>Talk Talk's "Laughing Stock" comes out
>genuine post-rock fans hate it, fanboys and p4k drones continue to say "boring on purpose, that's the appeal! emotionally dishonest music can be just as good as sincere music!"
source?

lol why do you doubt her name so much?

some bitch said she saw them live in 1991 so don't hesitate in believing it faithfully

>implying one needs tickets as evidence that people were disappointed in Laughing Stock when Talk Talk had made an album with the same type of sound 3 years ago
>implying people who liked Spirit of Eden would for some bizarre reason have a massively disappointed reaction to Laughing Stock
>implying that anyone disappointed with the change in the band's sound wouldn't have already left by them
>implying numerous wrongful implications

Okay, now you're just making up lie over lie.

what month was the show, Jeanine?

You made that up because the album was released in the late November and the band splitted right after editing the album (way before releasing) so you can't have seen them live in '91, you autistic fuck.

this is why you don't answer me:
now gtfo my board

>You made that up because the album was released in the late November and the band splitted right after editing the album (way before releasing) so you can't have seen them live in '91, you autistic fuck.
Since when can bands not play music live before it's released? Is that illegal?

>Okay, now you're just making up lie over lie.
Please find someone to talk to, it's not normal or healthy to brazenly attack others as liars based on nothing but your own insecurity

DAMN.

>just read this on Sup Forums
>it's not bait or sarcasm

What the fuck

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk_Talk#Break_up
>After Laughing Stock, Talk Talk disbanded in 1992

the new lcd sounds bad?

Literally noone has said anything negative about American Dream except TND

so they played a whole not recorded album in a show

for you

please stop embarrassing yourself

>TND
who?

>so they played a whole not recorded album in a show
Do you not go to many concerts..? I saw The Arcade Fire a few years ago and they played all of The Suburbs, a few months before the album was released

>please stop embarrassing yourself
Speak for yourself.

don't be dense - 'laughing stock' came out in 1991, simon reynold coined the term "post-rock" in 1994

rateyourmusic.com/~pabanks

please just stop, you're being ridiculous now

superkek

>don't be dense - 'laughing stock' came out in 1991, simon reynold coined the term "post-rock" in 1994
Movements can exist long before they're named....

>please just stop, you're being ridiculous now
I'm not sure what you find so funny, how many concerts have you been to?

Webb left in 1990, there's no record of plays without him of Laughing Stock because each song was played by a different artist who didn't even know the band, they were hired by the hour.

I find it funny that you made up that shit to make your point because that show you're talking about couldn't have possibly even existed.

>I find it funny that you made up that shit to make your point because that show you're talking about couldn't have possibly even existed.
I don't see why you think you know better than someone who was actually there. This is as irrelevant as when you asked me for proof of my age, but were you even alive in 1991?

i'm sure Jeanine doesn't even know who Webb is. just leave her alone, she's the laughing stock after all, kek

I have proof, you don't. Just admit you made that up, this is an anonymous board.

>I have proof, you don't.
Proof of what?

>be baby
>cry
Turns out babies can comment on the quality of life

>>Talk Talk's "Laughing Stock" comes out
>>genuine post-rock fans hate it, fanboys and p4k drones continue to say "boring on purpose, that's the appeal! emotionally dishonest music can be just as good as sincere music!"
1. laughing stock wasn't really shat on
2. post-rock wasn't developed enough at the time to have real "fans" who distinctively enjoy post-rock

>people still falling for this bait
Talk Talk stopped playing live in 1986, they never performed anything from Spirit of Eden or Laughing Stock
Stop embarrassing yourselves, all of you!

Jeanine, take a look at what this two other anons have to say :)

B-B-But... I saw them live and the crowd was disappointed... and my name is... J-Jea...n-nine so you're wrong and I'm right

you're shutting the fuck up now, huh?

poor "Jeanine", you made "her" cry

>I remember seeing Talk Talk in '91 and by the end the crowd was one of the most disappointed I've ever seen post-show

>Talk Talk stopped playing live in 1986

pretentious bitch lmao

>1. laughing stock wasn't really shat on
>2. post-rock wasn't developed enough at the time to have real "fans" who distinctively enjoy post-rock
>Talk Talk stopped playing live in 1986, they never performed anything from Spirit of Eden or Laughing Stock

please read the thread before responding

see
see
>you're shutting the fuck up now, huh?
Did you misread my post? I asked for what you had proof of.

>pretentious bitch lmao
Are you sure you're using that word correctly?

see

I rank damn above gkmc and tpab. I think the production is fucking gorgeous and lyrically kendrick steps up once again.

the only ly good kendrick albums are section 80 and good kid

Yes I replied that post in the post you quoted

>the only ly good kendrick albums are section 80 and good kid
holy shit someone around here has functional ears, glad to know not everyone is a mindless p4k drone

please read the thread? doesn't even make sense. if they stopped playing live in 1986 you made up that you saw them live in 1991. do you understand this?

Dat hivemind mentality. Damn is superior to good kid maad city and to pimp a butterfly.