See this mountain? you cant fucking climb it

See this mountain? you cant fucking climb it.

why not?

why?
is it because it's on mars?

feels bad man

Thanks todd howard

I mean I haven't even climbed earth mountains so

Its just really fucking big. Even if i was on mars id look at it and say fuck that, go chill with the ayys

That, and it's 27KM high, which essentially means you'd run out of air, spare air and the extra shipment of BigAssCannisterOfAir that you got - even before you get halfway up the hill...

Serious reply:
It's about 25 kilometres high. Tricky part is the scarps around the edge but once you pass that you can just enjoy walking for days on a gentle incline. Bonus points for lower gravity making the 'climb' less strenuous.

You forgot a word, nigger. YET. You can't climb it yet. One day, a flag is gonna stand at the top of that motherfucker. One day, someone gonna go up there. It ain't you or me, but some human will plant a fucking flag there.

It looks like it would be fun as hell to take a long board down that.. probably go so fast my skin would peel off but still fun

Someone must have done it, otherwise we wouldn't know how high it is.

you don't fucking tell me what to do

Ya the Norwegian flag

yes i can.

exactly

how else did they take the photo?

checkmate atheists

I climbed it tho
and planted an american flag untop of it

Well, if you're alive on Mars it'd be assumed you'd have your own air supply and protection from the bitter cold of the thin atmosphere.

Worth remembering that the gravitational pull is much weaker on Mars, making ascent easier.

mars don't real tho

Shit is big

Vegans btfo

That is the worst bait I've ever read.

I actually have climbed that one a couple of times

I can barely climb the stairs to my apartment so fuck that anyway.

Lucky the majority of it up to the peak is at a relatively flat incline. The hard part will be the cliffs around the edge, but at least you got weaker gravity to lighten the load.

Question is how much oxygen you have. Most of the way to the peak is going to a gentle bunny hop journey, but since it's so big it'll take a long time regardless. No oxygen tank is gonna be big enough to last you that long, with or without major strenuous activity. Altitude isn't even the issue here like on Earth, since the Martian atmosphere isn't breathable at any altitude.

That was just the only dry piece of land when Mars was a hospitable planet covered with ~80% of water hundreds of millions of years ago.

>Bonus points for lower gravity making the 'climb' less strenuous.
Considering how heavy the suit would probably be, though, not by much. It could add like another 100 pounds to you, which would mean you end up weighing roughly the same you would here on Earth without the suit.

It's actually so large that the slope is very gradual over most of it.

Mars is not thought to have ever been covered with that much water. Though when I ran a 'simulation' of the water over a heightmap of Mars, it did wind up being an island off the coast of the single southern hemisphere continent when you get above a certain water level. It was probably once a highly active volcano island.

Thats not a Mountain, thats a Volcano.
Olympus Mons, the Inactive Volcano eveyone thinks is a Mountain.

You wouldn't notice standing on top of it, as it would exceed beyond the horizon. It also has a really shallow slope, only 5%, so you would think you are going up on a little hill.

Hold my beer and i can.

Actually, it's only 21287.4 meters tall.

Samefagging weak bait, try again

Mar's flat

how does something like that get created?

Does mars have tectonic plates like us?

It doesn't, gravity is also a bit lower that here on Earth

Not exactly, but there is certainly evidence of some crazy volcanic activity in the past, shit which has literally shifted the planet on its axis.

Olympus Mons is a massive extinct volcano.

what the fuck are you on about idiot

It looks more like a hill.

>Feet
Jesus fuck end your life

Olympus Mons is very tall, but it's also so wide that the incline is quite gentle and would not feel like climbing a mountain. More like a gigantic plateau in some ways, though it does steadily but slowly incline to the peak. At the peak, you'd just see the flat ground of the surrounding mountain around you, all the way to the horizon.

That really brings it to perspective holy shit.

>someone will climb olympus mons in your lifetime

False. Humans are shit.

I've landed on it in modded KSP fuck you

Yeah, but we're the best shits at present time.

is that a space cyst?

fuckin tARD lol

Oh,yes

We haven't done shit for space travel in the past decades. We've done absolutely nothing to top the moon landings and who knows if they even really happened at this point.

I could probably do it.
You just have to put in a bit of effort to climb the steep part at the edges.
Once you are on the plateau, it looks like a comfortable jog.

Dumb fucks falling for ayy bait..

Look closer at the image, it's a giant crater

NASA wants to land humans on mars in 2033.

i DONT believe that you wouldn't see a curve because its so high and not incliny enough

someone do the math or a draw and prove that

>Meters
>Using system of units invented by French
Kys

So why hasn't NASA landed a rover next to it so we can see this giant?

Kinda looks like a tit

cehckmate athetits

whole planet is using metric , only retarded usanians measure length in bananas

KEK

the fuck for

scientists in the US use the metric system, only reason we still use the imperial system is because it would cost too much to change our infrastructure to metric

werd it would actually be very easy to climb.

how can you tell how high is this shit while theres no ocean to start measuring from

thats the perfect reason to measure temperature in chili peppers and weight in apples till year 5000

imagine there being a fuckhuge city under there

Wow there is a thing on Mars that means I am smart for taking interest unlike dumb churchgoers like Jerries (from Rich and Mitty)

>mans tallest man made buildings aren't even close to the mauna kea
we're so fucking small and insignificant and worthless holy shit why do i suffer so much just to continue suffering
fuck this gay earth

It's the size of France. There's your math.

Fuck you I could if I wanted

Is your flag on the moon? No?

ft > meters. Always and forever.

FUCK YOU.

>hill

Mske Elder scrolls Great Again.

You cant "climb" even if your on Mars.

Its soo big that you cant tell that your climbing up.

The slope is not steep.