Is Madonna actually worth listening to or was she just a pop culture meme?

Is Madonna actually worth listening to or was she just a pop culture meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HMgYrFthUsI
youtube.com/watch?v=lwedA8do0cU
youtube.com/watch?v=sJV29ZQIUhs
youtube.com/watch?v=IzAO9A9GjgI
youtube.com/watch?v=_ah2re-WtGs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Her s/t is damn good. Everything else aged quite poorly tbqh.

she put out some kino in the early-mid 80's

This is my favorite Madonna song youtu.be/HMgYrFthUsI

when you meet her bring a cameraman and she'll blow you while he takes pics for fame

pseudo-whore

whore-pop

Worth listening to taking into the consideration the context at the time, otherwise not really, her stuff aged like milk unlike MJ

whore-core

youtube.com/watch?v=lwedA8do0cU
I beg to differ

AND I FEEL

LIKE I JUST GOT HOME AND I FEEL

just try her user

She built and maintained her career through skillful collaboration, dabbling in growing movements, working with people within it, then ditching it for the next new thing. Sleazy but smart.

So she has a diverse catalog, with varying degrees of quality/resilience, but her early stuff is a good place to start.

How did songs like Vogue or Beautiful Stranger age poorly?

Listen to the album Ray of Light and then listen to the Celebration hits compilation.

She had good stuff in the eighties, plus Confession on the Dancefloor

Chris Cunningham is a God.

*teleports to sleezy gay NY club circa 1992*
youtube.com/watch?v=sJV29ZQIUhs

I liked her in Evita. She had a good charisma, decent voice, got blacked though and has been a degenerate crack whore ever since.

I fucking slay Live To Tell when I go to a karaoke.
IT WILL BURN INSIDE OF MEEEEEEEEEEEE YEAH

Is that Brandon?

KYS madonna. fucking shilling your garbage at your age.
SHAME!!!

I love this song youtube.com/watch?v=IzAO9A9GjgI

Most of Madge's albums are worth listening to for one reason or another, there's some just plain solid pop songs in her catalog. Express Yourself, Borderline, Lucky Star. She even has some "DEEP TRACKS" that are really good, even semi-experimental although that usually has to do with whatever producer is blowing through town.

I have cringed at times throughout her career like during the Dick Tracy or cowgirl phases, but she's also done some pretty funny/transgressive shit like dressing herself and her dancers up as Che/revolutionaries.

She might be a corporate/literal whore but among all the corporate whores I always got the sense that she cared a little more about the music, so I give her a pass.

SOME BOYS KISS ME
SOME BOYS HUG ME
I THINK THEY'RE OKAY

>ywn get fucked like a little bitch while crossdressing to this song

youtube.com/watch?v=_ah2re-WtGs so cute when young

into the groove is the best jam around

I'd argue that the Immaculate Collection is a better comp to listen to.

Ray Of Light, Bedtime Stories, True Blue, and Self-Titled are all excellent Pop albums, just listen to those ones.