I just recently got into Rick and Morty. I know I'm behind the curve...

I just recently got into Rick and Morty. I know I'm behind the curve, but I generally don't watch any sort of TV at all unless someone whose opinion I actually respect (which is like...5 people) tells me it's good, since most TV is stupid shit for idiots and not worth my time.

So I binged watched all 3 seasons. Before that, I had read people on Sup Forums and other places bitching about season 3 and how it was different, not as good, etc. But I watched it, and I liked it fine.

Until the last episode. What. THE FUCK. Was that. That was such bullshit, like I'm beyond disappointed. I'm literally angry. What the fuck were they thinking when they wrote that trash?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Js-XbNj6Tk&list=RD4Js-XbNj6Tk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Season 3 is litttered with female writers, which they decided had to be 50% of their writing staff so they seemed cooler to millennials.
First 2 seasons were good with rowland writing.

Just shut up.

Yeah season 3 was shit. Like why would Rick from any universe be a Plummer instead of using robots. I mean look at the shit his ship made of trash can do.

Truth hurts dosent it?
They literally ruined the serious with their unfunny shit

I didnt laugh or even chuckle all of season 3

>meh

season 3 takes place in a different universe where rick and morty are actually just wet dreams of women looking for less intimidating male role-models

The finale of season 3 was not intended or made as the finale of the season. It was a regular episode that due to the writers being dumb cunts just chose to be the end.

You can find their interviews online, they weren’t happy about it.

Rumor has it they’ll release a Christmas episode as a true finale (Poopybutthole commenting about next time you see him with a big white Santa beard)

There was some good stuff in season 3, I don't care. No show ever stays the same as it started, and I liked season 3. But the character arc of Beth in the season finale was just literally the worst, most retarded nonsense. They even like basically admitted it at the end of the show. What the fuck.

Now if they wrote that into the show it would blow everyone's minds. Could you just imagine?

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

stale copypasta is stale

>binged 3 seasons
>bullshit

yeah youre pretty good at lying bro

truth

Not all at once you troglodyte

and all of the women are redheads. there's a faux flashback episode right there. I accept my payment in sexualized plots of morty's sister.

no but there is a point hidden in there 8/10 people with relatively low iq within my friends dislike rick and morty.

like the multiverse for example, people who do not know about the theory dont get the joke

it's like a few hours worth of video, there's not a ton of R&M floating around unless you manage to grab a copy of seasons 1.5 and 2.5

nope wont
sad and obvious that much of the s3 writing was shit. idgaf who wrote it- compared to s2, it was shit.

>there's not a ton of R&M floating
You're lying

>blaming women for bad script
>not the nigger producer
your first anniversary Sup Forums cake is on the way

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep aboutLIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty trulyAREidiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

Cant blame the producer, even if they are a nigger, when the writing staff gives you garbage and your writers are empowered with the creators "MUIH DIVERSITY"

each season is 10 episodes, there's about 22 minutes of actual content per episode. That's 11 hours. Hell even if I HAD watched them all in one day, which I never claimed to do, I've done longer viewing marathons. Special edition of the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy anyone?

What is your point?
>you have no point you were called out and now you're backpedaling

Didn't get enough out of this thread yesterday or what?

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep aboutLIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty trulyAREidiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

Everyone in this thread just gained 1 IQ

Season 1:
>Hey I'm a genius, shwiffy!
>aw jee i dunno rick
Genius, masterpiece
Season 2:
>Hey I'm a genius, wubba dubba!
>aw jee I dunno rick
It speaks to my very soul, true art
Season 3:
>Hey I'm a genius, pickles!
>aw jee I dunno rick
FUCKING SJW CUCKS RUIN EVERYTHING

Yeah guys, these sjws, they sure ruin everything. You're not retarded.

then it wasnt a binge you fucking moron

fucking worst, least good episode, ever.

even the good parts were bad but the bad parts were unbearable. it doesnt make sense to start exploring rick's roll in a family arbitrarily chosen to host him at that time in the multiverse. he doesnt care. the watcher doesnt care. no one fucking cares. the new writers were not able to stay on-course at fucking all

>rick's roll

To be fair, you have to be willing to never give one up to understand Rick and Morty. The humour never lets you down, and without a solid grasp of running around and hurting most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head.

>he doesnt care. the watcher doesnt care.

That's literally the whole show. Maybe he doesn't want to, but he does. Without that element, anyway, all that's left of the show IS pickle rick. Dumb gags about a pseudogod doing crazy cartoon stuff. Rick's interaction with his family is the show. Just because it's 'not the same family' doesn't mean anything. It is the same family, otherwise people wouldn't say 'Jerry,' they'd say 'the third Jerry in Season x episode y.' But they don't need to, because they're the same characters in all ways except for a goofy framing device which allows for occasional death or 'kronenberging' without consequences and a thing for rick to mope about.

thanks bruh

r9k pls go

the show is called rick and morty not rick and family

they went out of the way to explain morty is just a gadget to rick anyways.

changing course like this will be the end of the show if they continue on that path, it'd be losing the irreverence and detachment that made the show in the first place

im not saying it cant evolve but trying to make it seem like rick can give a shit was at best a waste of an episode and at worst a sign the new team didn't hack it and cant

so far they only couldn't hack it the one entire season, maybe growing pains. we'll see

Oh fuck off

Yeah I liked Mortys Mindblowers and tales from the citadel.

>Come home to the unique flavor of shattering the grand illusion. Come home, to Simple Rick.

It's a stupid and vacuous program despite the copypasta protests of a few self-declared intellectuals. Your outrage should be that you even wasted your time at all.

Morty's Mind Blowers might be my favorite episode of the series so far

you absolutely addlepated simpleton. stay mad, brainlet

come at me bro

because it was the least related to the family, who are fun when being exploited but exhausting when being explored

I liked all of season 3 except taht stupid fighting the president episode.

that was literally every episode

this is true.

That was two-half shut the shit.

I don't mind the family all that much honestly. But yeah, Rick and Morty are significantly more entertaining. I also just really dig the concept of Morty's Mind Blowers. It really gives more perspective on just how much of a asshole Rick is.

pic related

*AN asshole, forgive my retardation. Clearly I'm not intelligent enough to be watching this show.

Another great thing sjw women have ruined, such a shame this show has gone downhill so fast.

Only episodes worth a damn last season.

bookse strandhaus

make way for your king, newfag

I'm fuckin' up all over the place today

Everyone is dissapointed, user. I have been a rick and morty fan ever since the beginning of the show and i have my fair share of favorite and least favortie episodes, but all of them were good and enjoyable. But that latest episode was the lousiest piece of shit of an episode they have produced. It was totally written too fast, and it was slow paced, and made no sense to the previous seasons and episodes. They really fucked up.

If you don't get how important the last episode was, or the message season three carried, you're a ducking idiot, and I'd bet you cried at McDonald's over sauce because you've missed the ducking point.

It's not a toxic fan base, it's an extremely stupid one.

>plebs
>try to understand Richard and Mortimus
kek

youtube.com/watch?v=4Js-XbNj6Tk&list=RD4Js-XbNj6Tk

rick and morty makes people who *think* they are smart *feel* like they actually are smart. like they are in on some great joke that stupid people dont get because they have heard of the multiverse theory.

the fucking writers have no scientific background and admit they dont know shit about quantum physics or string theory or any of that shit.

you guys are like those kids who discovered fractals and think they are so much smarter than the rest of the class

the actual funny parts of the show require no intelligence to understand or laugh at

you just think the *smart* parts are funny bc you read a book and think you are above everyone else

/thread

Just watch anime instead

or you could stop being a fag and we can all keep criticizing shitty writing :^)

It's funny that nobody actually acts like that, but you see a ton of retards complaining about people who act like that. It's almost like everyone knows you don't need to understand anything scientific or "intellectual" to enjoy rick and morty. It's almost like the people who want to feel smart are the ones who feel the need to point out that they're above anyone who watches a comedy.

There go dat boi.