Why can't I fall in love with 'The Beautiful Game'?

Why can't I fall in love with 'The Beautiful Game'?

I can't do it. I just don't 'get' football. Why does this sport captivate so many people on this board and around the World?

The sport itself seems relatively primitive. It doesn't fully show humanity's ability to compete, feats of physical strength, courage and intelligence seem miniscule. Whilst I can appreciate the skill level, I'm not overwhelmed with it's displays. Kicking a ball and controlling it is somewhat impressive, but repeatedly over and over again, means little.

International football seemingly means so little. Repeated summer tournaments have been terrible, teams are now comprised of players who reflect nothing of their native homeland, and often apply their trade in overseas academies. The club game is built off of financial venture, to such absurdities teams have become 'brands' to be sold at all costs.

Tell me Sup Forums, why do you love this game so much? What am I missing?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

same reason why there's always a line at mcdonalds

>What am I missing?

the dick in your mouth

Just play the fucking game you fag lol

>Angry replies all from third worlders

Hmmm really makes you think.....hmmm.......

it wasn't angry and I'm a second worlder (by both definitions)

Maybe you have autism

>What am I missing?
Ritalin?

There is no way Romania is second world by poverty definition, we are 3rd world and we are richer than Romania

>and I'm a second worlder (by both definitions)

Nothing. Soccer is the gayest of all sports.

richer by some meme chart? even if you got more income, you're still subject to south american prices, violence, '''''''''internet''''''''''' and general way of being, and you're not exactly third world either just by the by, idk why you'd think of that (only third world by cold war definition though but that's different)
our telecommunications infrastructure is vastly better than the USA's, does that make you 4th world?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index

>our telecommunications infrastructure is vastly better than the USA's
Ya nigga because your country is small as fuck

Of course you'll have better internet than the USA, Argentina or Australia (actual big countries), it doesn't matter you have a better life quality, not even close

>and I'm a second worlder (by both definitions)

the chart says both our countries are on the ''high'' mark
not an excuse because even population centers have shit infrastructure in your cases, especially australia

Hi, Sup Forums.

Because everyone played it as a kid and there is a huge culture around it. Football's appeal was never about the sport itself, but the culture surrounding it and the entertainment factor.

>our telecommunications infrastructure is vastly better than the USA's

This is all you got? I'll let the others dismantle you. You aren't worth my time.

you're just mad because I have better internet than you fatboy

Your life is the internet, loser.

right back at you

play some pes/fifa

At least post the inequality adjusted one

I just got off work, something you would know nothing of, gypsy.

sure you did

ps. your mum is a gypsy

Start playing futsal or 5 a side. The moment you're able to influence or even score in a game with willpower and foresight alone, you will fall in love with it.

Sure, skill trumps or makes up for bravery and intelligence in most cases. But when you begin playing again you do realise why people used to say 6 year olds were picked out for character at academies. For instance its interesting how you react when pressed by a better opposition. Individual sports you don't have that and almost all other team sports its easier to hide.

Individual sports will always be superior to team sports.
Football is definitely the best team sport, but that isn't really saying much.
(Cycling is a mix of both - it's clearly much superior to football, but I don't count it as a pure team sport).

i don't remember if flags ruined or improved Sup Forums

Your mum sold me a sand dog and a blowjob for $10.

>The sport itself seems relatively primitive. It doesn't fully show humanity's ability to compete, feats of physical strength, courage and intelligence seem miniscule. Whilst I can appreciate the skill level, I'm not overwhelmed with it's displays. Kicking a ball and controlling it is somewhat impressive, but repeatedly over and over again, means little.

You just don't like sports and you probably think you're to inetilegente for sawker.

your mum did it for 5

It's all about the fight and the battle. That's what makes it great. If you're not invested in the fight of the game then you won't care about it.

It's about outclassing your opponents in a few key areas:
>Skill
Skill in dribbling, skill in passing, skill in shooting, skill in heading, skill in tackling
>Endurance
Simply having more energy towards the end of the game than your opponents
>Physical strength
A stronger player will win tackles and jostles for the ball
>Strategy
Knowing your opponent's common strategies, and the strengths and weaknesses of their individual players, will help you formulate a winning strategy for your team
>Teamwork
A team that plays effectively together will be more effective than a disparate and disorganised team

I think those are probably the key areas.

If you want to start caring about football then you should simply watch it, OR - much better - you should start playing it with some friends (or even at a local football centre, like Goals or Roko - or at your local park).

Or you can play FIFA with your mates too - that's how I got into football. Playing FIFA and then kicking a ball around down the park.

>See thread
>It's not usual suspect flag
Really boggling my mind

Playing it when you were younger is what makes you fall in love with the game.

>Why can't I fall in love with 'The Beautiful Game'?

Could be any one of several things:

Not a fag.
Not a woman.
Not a 5yo playing until you're big enough to play a real sport.
Not a 3rd World shitskin.
Not a Muzzie-raped Euro-douche.
Not a below average IQ.
Not deliberately ignorant of widespread corruption and match fixing.

Like I said, it could be many things.

A real answer is just that, the games simplicity.
Get a group of friends, get a ball and go outside and kick it around.
Then there's the complexity in that you're kicking the ball around and not simply throwing it a la handegg, or basketball.

Increased complexity in learning skills (feints, turns, traps, etc) and then watching the professionals execute them with near perfection. Learning to use both feet is an additional challenge. Try making an accurate pass with your weaker foot to see what I mean. In other sports you're always using your dominant side. Never forced into the quick thinking that may force you to say make a shot with your weaker foot, lay the ball off the keep the attack going etc.

The easiest way to find the attraction is to play it.