If i spend money on a cool modular synth with the neat colorful wires (patches...

If i spend money on a cool modular synth with the neat colorful wires (patches?) and put it in my room next to my record player, by the off chance of a super cool music person entering my room will they think im patrician? I can't play any instruments. what synth will get me the most respect in the indie diy scene?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/mlesprg/
youtu.be/7MaNwV82PMM
qqq-music.bandcamp.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hilarious post my friend

modular synths do look cool as fuck though

Buy me the synth instead so I could put it to good use, instead of being used by you, a pretentious faggot

okay what kind should i purchase

FUCK that room is so comfy. saved

eurorack with MI my friend. ribs into clouds all the hibster cred :DDDD.

wish i was a trust fun baby

jesus. more user, my folder needs it

ya I bought a modular synth and people definitely automatically assume youre cool and know what your doing lol

pic related my set up

Why is Gumby fucking that pink horse

Cool I have that Gumby posable too.

He's orange and cute, wouldn't you?

synthesizers.com rack. Full size baby

>nu buchla easel randomly placed under the fx rack

it's all from instagram.com/mlesprg/

enjoy.
beautiful

it's Pokey, what's wrong with you fucks, that's his side kick

side chick now bub.

watch this, it's fucking insane
youtu.be/7MaNwV82PMM

Pokey was always Gumby's bitch, if he was fucking Prickle, now that would be weird.

This encapsulates everything I hate about modulars and pedals desu. How did all this meme modular shit start.

they are cool and a e s t h e t i c , of course the brooklyn transplants are going to latch on to that

thanks check my music haha

qqq-music.bandcamp.com/

my experience with modulars was nothing ( i still know shit basically) but through trial and error plus youtube i was able to figure some shit out0

>it's all from instagram.com/mlesprg/
goddamn she has a gorgeous house

in 2017 how can anyone be this unself-aware/

meanwhile you can be a Max/MSP god and only people with PhDs will be impressed

Just get a Juno 60

the most boring synth ever

what? i just said she has a nice house

wow, thats so attention . Kill yourself

Na bro

It doesn't have any flashy features, but it's one of the most solid workhorse synths. I'd choose a polysix over one though.

To each their own, I have been fantasizing about a Juno 60 or 106 lately because of how nice the pads are

My gripe is that it sounds exactly the way you expect it to sound, but it only covers a very small range of sounds and will never, ever surprise you. There's nothing to explore or discover. You get a pad sound, a bass sound, a filter sweep sound an arpeggiator, and that's it. Most synths give you more opportunity to find new things.

Yea I mean it's limited sure but for me that chorus of the Juno and the large sweet spot make it a great sounding synth in any type of music

meh, I got bored with it pretty quickly

Lemme take it off your hands

yes unfortunately

this room is comfy af jus sayin

pro tip: making electronic music with a modular synth requires zero skill so you could just do it for real

No making music will you don't need all that equipment you just need a computer

darn that's a nice room

yes

what about a korg minilogue or a microkorg?