Asking your friend ironically if he listens to an artist or group

>asking your friend ironically if he listens to an artist or group
>he actually listens to the artist

When has this happened to you and what artist was it?

System of a Down
Ween
Mr. Bungle
Linkin Park
3OH!3
Dream Theater
Radiohead
Hans Zimmer

three of those artists are good
hint: it's Ween, Mr. Bungle and System Of A Down

Lil Peep

I showed someone the fucking Miracles video from Insane Clown Posse as a joke and they fucking loved it

>Ween and Mr. Bungle
I typically say "no thanks" to comedy rock.

>System of a Down
It's borecore. Soft / loud bipolar dynamics aren't interesting when it's the only thing your band does.

>talking to a girl
>jokingly bring up dave matthews
>"aw, dave matthews isn't that bad"

I mean, not dropped or anything but what the fuck is she thinking. Typically her taste is great. Course I defended Counting Crows in the same convo so I guess we're even in terms of guilty pleasures.

>people like popular, commercially and critically well received music
What a fucking surprise, retard.

xxxtentacion, unfortunately

wtf i thought you liked radiohead

two steps from hell

I had a friend who got me into Joy Division back in the days when no one was wearing the shirts.

I've never seen anyone wear the shirt before in my life

not at all what this thread is about but okay

really? where do you live? I live in middle of nowhere ohio and i've seen it a lot around here

Vaporwave. I didn't realize that people actually liked vaporwave until I mentioned it as a joke to someone and then I soon found out virtually all of my friends listened to vaporwave unironically.

If you know a white "person" chances are they enjoy some variation of faggy meme music

Alberta

Calm down, child.

A few tracks here and there.

You like Counting Crows but think Dave Matthews is a joke? That's odd, they kind of go together. Maybe you just really like REM?
(I like both of them. Conditionally.)

Never underestimate the power of "chill beats".

I see Counting Crows as a descendant of 70s folk rock and I don't view Dave Matthews that way. I'm not really offering a defense here, I know they're both kind of reviled. I like some REM.

This dude i went to highschool with is obsessed with vaporwave. Posts terrible vaporwave memes all the time, makes god awful grime edits of selfies he took of himself that dont even fit the aestectic. Worst part is he got into it waaaay after it died. Pretty sad desu

My boyfriend when i was making fun of Slayer in a record store.

>Ween
>good

I mentioned weekend nachos to someone back in like 2010 and he completely sperged out
Rip in peace

>hopsin

he was making fun of mumble rap and i asked him ironically if he listened to hopsin... He really likes hopsin.

I didn't bash him for it though cause I'm not dick.

hopsin isn't even mumble rap tho

aw no need to bully people
hopsin made a video making fun of mumble rap

no shit thats why i asked him.

I forget what led up to it, but

>Haha I bet you listen to Hannah Montana
>yeah dude I do, I love her music goddammit

This was of course before she made it big as Miley Cyus, so I though it was so funny at the time.

then wtf does him making fun of mumble rap have to do with anything? lol mumble rap sucks

Hans Zimmer is great entry level orchestral, plus he fuses it with electronica and I know Sup Forums is all about that shit because they fucking love Radiohead for some reason

evanescence

gtfo you weebtard holy shit
dont fucking ironically ask people if they listen to ween you COON

your anime fedora pic is unironically you, i hope you're trolling.
Ween isn't "typical" comedy rock and they aren't just simply 'comedy rock'.
So you don't enjoy and song with the soft/loud dynamic format just because its so common??? you sir, user, are a !@#$.

This is a disgusting thread

>friend: any requests
>me: chainsmokers bro xDD
>actually plays closer

>Have you ever heard of XYZ?
>Sure
>I just made that up

Wow! i bet a trip calling things 'borecore' isn't boring at all