Going to shows alone

What's it like going to a concert alone? A couple of bands that I like are coming to my town but I don't have any friends. How do I enjoy the music without seeming like a total sperg?

Have any of you ever been to a show alone?

its really not that big of a deal, just listen to the music and enjoy yourself and literally no one is going to be judgmental or anything unless you go out of your way to be a sperg

Do what you came there to do, man. Listen and vibe out. Talk to somebody if you start feeling social. I also wondered for a while whether or not i'd just look like a freakass if I went to a show alone. After having done it several times now I can definitely say enjoying live music is more important than feeling like a sperg-bot. Don't sacrifice fun because of insecurity, my man. Hit that show and vibe out

Going to a show alone is totally fine, nobody gives a fuck, and the music should keep you distracted enough that the people around you are useless anyway

Just go and enjoy yourself, no one will give a fuck if you're with people or not.

Last year I went to see Wilco by myself. It was kind of a drag, because I was alone the whole time, having a beer and shit. Once the band started playing I was completely into it, singing and dancing and jumping like nobody was there. Just stop thinking about how the others could judge you and you'll be ok.

I've been to shows by myself and have met others who do the same. It's actually more enjoyable in my opinion because the only person you need to be accountable for is yourself and depending on the demographic/band/group the audience becomes a community, making it a unique experience.

I'm always fine until the breaks begin. That silence makes my mind wander and I start thinking I'm a big fucking loser.

You get high and get laid
Music is only a small part of why people go to shows

No one is going to pay attention to you at a concert, they'll be too busy listening to the live music so do just and you'll be fine.

HOLY CHRIST THE AUTISM IN THIS THREAD

Find a friend, a co-worker, or for the love of god a woman your interested in, and ask them if they want to go. Otherwise, just start your car in the garage without opening the door and do the universe a favor.

Explain your logic behind why you think everyone else's advice is wrong

You'll run into someone you know at the show, always happens.

We got a textbook case of projection here

I almost always go alone, half the people there are alone too, it may have to do with the kind of music I like though.
Just forget about it, if you're self-conscious about it you won't enjoy the show at all

fucking normie get out

>"It's actually more enjoyable in my opinion because the only person you need to be accountable for is yourself"
I wouldn't say it's "more enjoyable" but I do have a fair number of memories of going to shows with my friends where they said cringy shit and I'm just hoping nobody around us is listening to our conversation.

relax dude

It's nice to do whatever you want and not worry about a friend holding you back. You can dance you can run to the front and do other shit that's hard if someone's with you.

I've only done it a couple of times. I love live music but it's kind of lonely. Once the bands come on it's great, but there's a weird emptiness when waiting for the band and especially after the show that kinda makes it not worth it.

P4k alone is hard =(
I left early, didn't even have fun

uh

Everyone else? You mean every loser who identifies with this jackass in this thread? Carbon monoxide is too good for you.

>Talk to somebody if you start feeling social

Please don't do this. I always go to gigs alone and I hate it when some neckband autist starts sharing their unsolicited opinions on the support acts set.

Just go and enjoy the experience. Literally nobody will notice or care that you're on your own.

chad pls

Do people actually think like this? I go to live music alone all the time. My friends don't want to see everything I do, doesn't mean I can't go.

>THE AUTISM IN THIS THREAD
found it

This, the point of going to a concert is to listen to the music, and a lot of the time turning it into a social thing only distracts from that. Of course every concert's different, though. There are some concerts I've been to where it was like a party and I wished I could have gone with other people that were more wild. There are other concerts I've been to where I wish I was on my own so I could purely take in the experience and focus on the artistry and music. Alone should be the default, I'd say
>co-worker
Either shit taste or biggest sperg in the thread

I do everything alone

And it's fine

have never been to a show not alone

Low key jealous

Get absolutely fucked. Vibe out with everyone there maybe ull make a friends with people who share ur taste for music

MDMA

Everyone at that concert is your friend, user.

honestly a great time
focus more on music, less stress, people are more likely to talk to you if you're on your ones. might get lucky!

Going alone is fine i usually end up meeting the band's between sets while smoking then i get to chill back stage and smoke up with them. Some of us are actually bros now.

Where you from OP? I live in Brazil and I can only go to concerts alone, nobody near me is patrician.

I prefer going by myself, or with my girlfriend but thats very rare that she likes the same music as me. I'm a pretty self conscious person so when I know no one I know is around me I can loosen up more and get into the music.

Also I don't have many friends and the ones I do rarely want to go to the same gigs.

Dillinger escape plan coming up soon tho

big gigs are fine, but smaller gigs in a tightly knit community where everyone knows each other is painful