youtube.com/watch?v=DBuJUcXX6FE
youtube.com/watch?v=kK-1axSGkXc
youtu.be/bmVxz2utY3o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I cried when I saw the strokes. Twice, actually
When they played Hard to Explain and when they played Someday

sniff sniff

No judgement?

Ok, then, don't laugh at the terrible album art, but there's a song on here called Momma Sed. It impacted me in that Bob Dylan way and made me burst into tears.

youtu.be/gXvRr9M6O0c

Yes but I'm not going to post it because everything I feel a connection with gets memed.

Did you see anyone else crying?

yeah I was with a friend, she cried during Under Control

Happy tears, sad tears, bittersweet tears.

The last track gets me every time without fail

Also this and ITAOTS both managed to get me while I was feeling REALLY shitty.

Kinda doesn't count cause it was during the first week of dealing with severe depression. But pic related just fucking killed me.

That part in Nikes, you know what I'm talking about.

>I found that it is sad to sing sometimes. Hey Suzi, life is not only about having a good time, is it?
>That's right, Caroline. It also means life's not all about being down and out

It has made me cry many times sober as well, but the first time I listened to this on shrooms the entire time I was laughing and crying pure tears of joy.

>tfw the last time you ever saw your high school girlfriend was at her house the night before she moved far away to college, following the most fulfilling summer of your life
>tfw the last song you listened to together was The Summer Ends, laying in her bed
>she holds you tight for the last time

even the album art makes me sad

Yeah, like 50. Almost every time it was out of excitement though, maybe once or twice out of sadness.
My most controversial choices for this are
Captain Beefheart - Trout Mask Replica (Dachau Blues)
Ryoji Ikeda - Dataplex (data.matrix)
Venetian Snares - Songs About My Cats (For Bertha Rand, I think)
Zs - New Slaves (Acres of Skin)

And some more understandable choices
Steve Reich - Music for 18 Musicians (IIIA and IVA, IIRC)
Sufjan Stevens - The Tallest Man
The Books - The Lemon of Pink (like 80% of the songs on there, sometimes more than once per song)

was is trayvon pandering or asap mob pandering?

don't leave us hanging user let's keep beating a dead horse

>Dachau Blues
Spot those Jews

I was just talking about crying to this album a couple weeks ago. still feeling like shit, still listening to this album. godspeed user
data.matrix is a great fuckin song but I don't see myself ever crying to it

for me it's pic related

Alvin Row hit me like a brick the second time listening through the whole album.

Songs About My Cats made me weirdly emotional

Oh, and this. Fucking Modest Mouse.

Great taste my man

How does Dachau Blues or data.matrix make you emotional at all? Not saying they're bad songs, but I just don't get any sad emotional leanings.

The The - Soul Mining

Hope you're doing better dude. Will be praying for you.

If this doesn't make you cry, you don't have feelings.

If you can only cry out of sadness you are a pleb. Dachau Blues is overwhelming anxiety, data.matrix is more "heavenly/euphoric"

It's sad if you're Jewish

Oh that's a good one. Some days I wake up and I hear Matt Johnson mocking me for living a fuckup's life. Those tend to be bad days.

I can feel that, pic related did it for me. It's the wonderland aspect of it, I've always been fixated on my dreams.

I can cry from euphoric music, but I've never experienced data.matrix in that emotional of a way

youtu.be/0Gkhol2Q1og

Well that was unnecessary. Actually it's the bridge towards the end.

>I'm not him but I'll mean something to you

You look different

This, but Raver. I can listen to that song on repeat for hours and just fall deep into an futuristic world I'll never get to see

This one devastated me

I also cried while listening to Tiger Mount Peasant Song on shrooms but it was more of a mystified cry, tears of wonder.

Peach, Plum, Pear did it to me once.

Huh, maybe folk and emo will have more meaning for me if I do drugs. I've always relied on music to transcend me, so I pick the most transcendental music to listen to, but maybe if I do drugs I can truly see the beauty of these more down to earth albums.

I wish I could get drugs, I smoked weed once and I've needed it ever since, but I'd love to go all the way to DMT.

>Daniel Johnston's albums Hi, How Are You, The What of Whom, Don't Be Scared, 1990, and Fear Yourself
>Beck-Sea Change (good choice btw op)
>Weezer's Blue Album and Pinkerton
>The Residents-Not Available
>Slowdive-Souvlaki
>The Earthbound/Mother 2 soundtrack
>Sufjan Stevens-Illinois
>Akron/Family-S/T
>Animal Collective-Merriweather Post Pavilion
>Spiritualized-Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space

There are definitely more but these are what I could think of off the top of my head

>I never meant to cause you pain
>My burden is the weight of a feather
>I never meant to lead you on
>I only meant to please me, however

this part gets to me every time

Daniel Johnston always tears me up.

youtube.com/watch?v=IWwAUAWN5lQ

i literally imagine myself at my mom's funeral

Oh fuck, yeah this one destroys me. The first time I listened to it I was in class and I just started bawling and I had to just lay my face in my arms for the rest of the class

I love my mom.

>nobody responded
Sup Forums still hasn't lost their touch I see

Carlos, please.

You guys will laugh and probably call me a fag but this

Haha fag
I don't know this album but I'm gonna go give it a listen

>tfw mom never loved me so don't have tp worry about this

The song that did it is called Father, but I suggest listening to Son and Father in succession. Shit gets me every time.

Now what makes you say a thing like that?

look at you go

Most recently, the soundtrack of this game

and the lyrics speak. i can live with a lot of shitty things, but when my mom dies i will be inconsolable. i'm so lucky to have my mom and i love her so much

Even if this was lip-synched this is a fucking curbstomp to my emotions
youtube.com/watch?v=O0Sx5lbVlQA

Not to get all morbid but I honestly hope my mom outlives me.

That's literally the worst thing you could do to your mother. Unless you die a hero's death somehow. And leave children before you do it.

Holy shit dude. Went in being like whatever. Started bawling a minute in.

I know they're probably hated around here but I'll be damned if this album when you're feeling like a failure or heartbroken isnt exactly what the soul needs.

what century are you from, jeez

In the Album Electric Light Orchestra II on the track Kuiama when there's a violin solo followed by Lynne singing. "Kui, i just shot them. Blew their heads wide open. Then I heard them scream in their agony. Kuiama I know waits for me, it's true."

Also The last 6 minutes of the song Flying by UFO

The most powerful experience I've ever had was listening to untitled staring at my ceiling with tears in my eyes. This was before I started smoking weed too.

I listened to pic related so many times after my first major breakup. We broke up a lot even when we were together but when it was over for sure this album just perfectly captured my feelings. She had a miscarriage too ;_;

I was going through a really tough breakup at the time and this had me crying my eyes out.

I was in high school when my parents got a new dog and every time I listened to this song all i could think about was how our old dog was gonna die and they were getting a replacement or something like that.

Funny thing is he's still alive 4 years later. He's a good dog. Haven't listened to this all the way through in years, super underrated album.

Give him lots of love the next time you see him, let him know he's a good boy.

I will! his eyesight is bad and hes got a limp but i always pet him good whenever i come home from college :)

Why did you do this?

lmao

i havent cried to anything in over 10 years

I'ts actually true

youtube.com/watch?v=DBuJUcXX6FE

>Dad... I love you, and I will always, always miss you...

God there's nothing as hard as this

Erik Satie has some beautiful music
If you haven't already, listen to Je te veux
Far less melancholic than a lot of his other pieces

Drugs are ridiculously easy to get, just use the Internet. I did acid and this brought me to tears, amazing stuff youtube.com/watch?v=kK-1axSGkXc

Benji by Sun Kil Moon has for personal reasons

This

i listened to it the other day and found it painfully slow (don't kill me). does it get better on subsequent listens?

It's pretty slow mang, maybe it's not for you. Maybe give Spirit of Eden a go or try a couple more times

kill me

I don't know much about the backstory to this album, and I really just stumbled across it but holy fuck I was in shambles.

Skeleton Tree and Blackstar.

This, I was going through a horrible time and broke down crying to Kid A

good choice

Nigga you gay

Its amazing, listen to it like its jazz not rock

>Grateful Dead-Touch of Grey
>Pink Floyd-Shine on pts. 6-9

Fuck off dad

yeah raver is a fucking amazing closer

This album has a couple times, but ultimately it was this song that crushed me. I never had a real father, and I aspire to be the best one I can be when the chance arises. The lyrics in this song are very similar in my sentiments, emotions, and life.

youtu.be/bmVxz2utY3o

Spiritualzed's Ladies and Gentlemen We are Floating in Space.

That album is all-enveloping onslaught of heartbreak and existential dread. It's ethereal and isolating but also intimate and immediate.

I Think I'm in Love, Broken Heart,, and No God Only Religion pry you open and shake you up, taking you to a dark place, but the epic closer, Cop Shoot Cop tears out the ground from underneath you, shattering what will you have left, replacing loneliness with desperate existential dread and isolation on a universal scale. It made me quake, and shook me to my core - and I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to admit that.

Hey mama hits right in the feels