What happened to spectacles like GG Allin and Anal Cunt? Why there are no such beings in this world right now?

What happened to spectacles like GG Allin and Anal Cunt? Why there are no such beings in this world right now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kIK9orfgh8s
youtube.com/watch?v=yw7lUMC-m3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=VpjAWcv94ro
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Venues ban performance artsy (read: edgy) people who tear apart chickens and eat used tampons
I've heard that early mac demarco shows were pretty unpredictable

who cares? why would you want to watch a terrible"musician" rapist dipshit who chose to waste his life away on drugs take shits on stage and assault the audience? Why do you give him even a moment of your thoughts, he was a sick individual who brought unhappiness into everyone's life he encountered and made absolutely fucking retarded "music" with no value whatsoever. Just go to r/watchpeopledie for the same effect as a gg allin experience. It's a net negative for your soul and everyone should be glad this poor soul is dead and no longer suffering from his mental illness.

this

This

GG was a fucking pussy

Edgefags can't recover.

There are, the content is just so easy to make no one gives a shit anymore except for shit "experts".

>recommending obscure reddit page
Some one needs to get the fuck back.
>Also
Live Fast Die Fast

The genuinely more important question is to what happened to types like Ween and Zappa.
This is also the gospel truth.

My mum won't let me be hardcore

Anal Cunt was a class act.
youtube.com/watch?v=kIK9orfgh8s

youtube.com/watch?v=yw7lUMC-m3Q
This song is better than your favourite artists

>The genuinely more important question is to what happened to types like Ween and Zappa.
Post modern version of satire and parody is so much easier to adopt. Another reason would be that sincerity died. Just look at a failed musical experiment known as Poppy. Not to mention that we still haven't escaped the mentality of castrating emotions music and lyrics should convey. Again, that's why a brilliant musician like Roy Clark isn't very well known in guitar player circles, even through he's played with Joe Pass.

>failed musical experiment Poppy
shes really fucking popular though
she sucks but i wouldnt say shes failed

She's definitely popular, but when your musical parody and satire can't be differentiated from the music of people you're criticizing, you've failed. That's what I meant.

>he just stands there like someone's dad and occasionally shrieks into the mic

youtube.com/watch?v=VpjAWcv94ro

/thread

Im not user or a redditor but even ive heard of watchpeopledie

>Anonymous
>I'm not user

What did he mean by this?

DUDE, this

Its means hes a fag

he meant "that user", clearly

GG overdosed, and AxCx just plain suck!

Now THIS guy...........
He was the REAL DEAL!

Imagine paying to see someone shit themselves on stage like a geriatric. If I wanted that Id get it for free at the old people homes

>a song he called "Sorry for the Mess"
aptly named

imagine paying to watch someone completely ignore normative ethics in a way that hasn't been done since

I agree that interest in GG is usually juvenile and comes from an edgy place, however, there is a smaller demographic who consider GG a fascinating sociological example of first world ethics breaking down. This man covered himself wit feces and raped women onstage, and normal american boys and girls WANTED TO WATCH HIM DO IT. Shit on GG all you want, I promise he doesn't care, but if you're wondering why people are interested in him, it's because he's legitimately fascinating.

So yeah, GG was a complete bastard. However, what he did is legitimately fascinating as an example of how little it takes for western youth to disregard their culture. I mean, think, kids would hear "he shits on himself and rapes people" and they would respond by GOING TO HIS SHOW. Our youth culture made this appalling degenerate a legend, and if you want to ignore the implications of that by pretending all GG fans are backwards edgelords be my guest, but I promise there's much more at play here than bad music and stage antics.

Note: GG was mentally ill, many of his fans were not.

Imagine paying to see someone shit themselves on stage like a geriatric. If I wanted that Id get it for free at the old people homes

THey still exist, albeit extremely Underground and hard to find.

gg allin fans are so fucking cringeworthy

what mental illness is eating your own shit for attention?

Literally everyone has heard of whatpeopledie

SED

>Socially emotionally disturbed
Didn't he get abused by his father and brother as a child?

They lived in a shack with no running water or electricity in the middle of nowhere New Hampshire. The father would constantly threaten murder and beat the hell out of them.

I'd say so

Shit Eating Disorder

Also threatened to kill the whole family and though GG was jesus reincarnate

Internet ruined shock value

Theyre in every local scene. People like that do it just for the attention.

If I'm gonna risk having shit thrown on me or being attacked by the frontman, I better get something out of it.

This really, we live in the age of selfishness. No one cares what happens with others

If you're gonna talk about it or act hardcore you better fucking be prepared to do it. Nothing but respect for this dude, even though it's obviously sad he fucking died it's still a cool way to go out if you really have to

Naw he was a pussy. Suicide is a coward act

This

Imagine having to follow that guy.

Sure but if you do it on stage you make the whole thing into an event. In my mind you do it for art and in that case i find it pretty fucking impressive. Just killing yourself because your gf broke up with you silently in your room while listening to The Idiot is fucking gay and cowardly, but doing it on stage where your death becomes a show for everyone to see is completely different.

The leadt cowardly coward is still a coward

This is weird as fuck. Oregon seems like a weird place I saw a news story where some kid had a cut on his hand but couldn't keep his story straight on what actually happened (making it seem like he did it to himself for attention). I knew a girl from Oregon once and she was obsessed with trying to prove that people were lying about the most mundane things.

You're right, but would you not find a dude jumping off of a building into a dumpster fire more impressive than someone ODing on heroin? I'm just talking in terms of what would make a bigger impact on the people left alive.

At least he did something user. What have you ever done?

wow so hardcore bro!

So many plebs itt

what the fuck

Jesus, Millennials have no balls.

This. You can watch a mexican cartel decapitating a guy with a boxcutter whenever you want now.

what the goodness

freaks, faggots, drunks, and junkies is excellent grimepunk, though

There are tons of goregrind bands that do crazy shit on stage. Just go to the Obscene Extreme fest.

> r/watchpeopledie
>obscure

Let me fix that for you

I can respect what you said because let's be honest, GG was a severely mentally ill person that got zero help and his surroundings only enabled him. But as brought up, love him or hate him GG was a fascinating figure from the second he was born to the moment they buried him. I find myself coming back to GG every now and then discovering new information about him. No one pushed entertainment to the max like GG and with such dedication as well. Dude would go on entire tours with no stable backing bands resorting to using his tapes if he couldn't find any in time. And when it comes to music I personally enjoy a good handful of his material "Suicide Sessions" being a personal favorite album in general. I feel like GG was one of the rare occasions where authenticity helped mold the listening experience of the music. When he says edgy shit it doesn't really fly bad for me because i know it's coming from a real place and the emotion he brings in some of the songs only add to it because it's probably sincere.