Now that the dust have settled, do you consider Sleep Well Beast a good addition to their discography?

Now that the dust have settled, do you consider Sleep Well Beast a good addition to their discography?

Other urls found in this thread:

Sup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's their best since Boxer.

I can't really say that any album from Alligator onwards was somehow weaker than some other one, with maybe exception of TWFM just because it was retreading the old ground a bit too much.
That being said, the energy they have on Sleep Well Beast is something that was lacking ever since Alligator and I'm loving it already on third listen, something that didn't happen with any of their albums before.

Can't disagree with a single word of this to be pretty honest.

Is there a non vinyl rip?

Not that I know of yet.
The second vinyl rip from that thread is alright I guess, except for a few bumps on a few tracks (most notable on System). There's definitely a lot of stuff that's been lost during ripping though, so I can't wait for the CD in a few days.

It's their best. Easily their most creative and most heartfelt album yet.

shut up Fantano

Favorite track? I can't stop listening to Empire Line, it's so hypnotizing. The piano drop on the chorus make me shiver the first time I heard

Either Born to Beg or Dark Side of the Gym and yer, hypnotising is how I'd describe the entire record.

Like most National albums, I'm really struggling to decide on a favorite just because each and every song have standout moments or flourishes that make them notable.

They just make the same album over and over again. Of course it's going to fit in well with the others.

>now that the dust has settled

It's not even out yet, Jesus christ

Walk It Back or I'll Still Destroy You

This one has more subtle electronic elements

>best
I'll Still Destroy You

>runner up
Sleep Well Beast

>worst
Turtleneck

>overrated
Guilty Party

>underrated
Empire Line

Not at all, The National is famous for nuance. I can see how they might seem similar at a casual glance though.

this

>nuance
sure it is. it's called playing the same formula over and over. don't kid yourself kiddo.

Man, what's up with all the hate for Turtleneck? Track is a blast.

Please don't ever take the "dust" expression at face value. It's a repeated meme for a reason.

Bingo. Anyone who thinks Alligator sounds like Boxer which sounds like High Violet which sounds like TWFM is probably underage. Sorry.

t. underage faggot

Is The National the only 2000s indie rock band that didn't peak with their first album and kept steadily improving?

Boxer > HV > SWB > Alligator > TWFM > SSFDL >>>>>> s/t

>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE REEEEEEEEEEEE

I think there's a fairly recent Death Grips thread for you today.

It's a fun track but doesn't really fit with rest of the album
Feels like Alligator throwaway track

idiot

t. tastless cuckboy who'd have no idea what quality music is even if fucked him in the ass while loudly declaring itself

I have grown out of indie rock, but The National is one of the few bands from that I still enjoy

Haha, I'm underage? Because you can't wrap your head around a consistently solid indie outfit? Alright duder.

t. underage faggots

Sup Forums.org/rules

Not an argument

I have only ever heard Exile Vilify [spoiler]because I'm a Sup Forumsirgin[/spoiler]

Where's a good place to start with these guys because I love that song?

That song specifically? It came out around High Violet, so maybe that one. You absolutely can't go wrong with Boxer either. Alligator is a little more raw / indie but so good, too. I honestly celebrate this band's entire catalog outside of their S/T debut.

not an argument

More of an argument than whatever you're trying to prove here. We get it; you have garbage tastes and a poor ability to process music. Cool. Time to move on.

Probably me new personal favorite of theirs, definitely their best since Boxer.

Title track might be their best song. The instrumental section is amazing.

>Put your heels against the wall
>I swear you got a little bit taller since I saw you, I'll still destroy you

Just kill me

Cherry Tree EP is probably the best starting point, has a few of their best tracks (About Today especially) and it was the very first time they "found" their sound.
After that go Boxer and then the rest, you can pass self-titled since it's basically their Pablo Honey.
Do note that this band is pretty much a grower band, with every track seemingly boring/too busy at first, but they blossom into so much more on a few more listens. Definitely give each album at least a 3-4 listens before throwing your judgement

Bryan Devendorf is one of the best drummers today
His grooves are incredible

self-titled is literally their best album though

you can't possibly think that Cold Girl Fever, Bitters and Absolut, and American Mary aren't the best songs in their whole discography and if you can you're flat wrong kiddo

Boxer > TWFM > S/T > SSFDL > HV > Alligator

I haven't listened to SWB enough to evaluate it yet

The only consistent member of the band

Huh? The only member who hasn't been there since the start is Bryce, and even then he only came in two years later

I think he meant that Bryan is the only one that's playing well and consistently.
I don't agree with it, his drumming is tight and excellent and is one of the things differentiating National from a slew of other bands, but Dessners are both very good at composition and they bring so much to the sonic landscape of the albums, even when using simple chord structures. And Matt is consistently writes very relatable and apt lyrics, and his laid-back singing kind of became a staple in itself, so whatever. He tried to break out of it on a few tracks on SWB but I won't say it went that well.

If you listen to Boxer and High Violet in the background, I can totally see how you could think they're monotonous and using the same formula.

If you listen to Boxer and TWFM and the new album and think "yes this is the same" then your ears are just retarded.

Uhh... what? It's not unlistenable but it's objectively their worst album.

You need to get your ears checked mate

We get it; you have garbage tastes and a poor ability to process music. Cool. Time to move on.

Is there still not a cd or web rip?

>i can't refute strangers who call me out so i just repeat their insults also i am 12

Nope.

When you discover Sup Forums is no longer useful. Feelsbadman