Just invested about half of my inheritance ($200,000) into the stock market

Just invested about half of my inheritance ($200,000) into the stock market.

A friend told me gold and silver will explode in just a few months. What does Sup Forums think?

I would just put it all into apple before their new products release

Probably a bad idea, the value of gold is mostly due to physical currency's like the euro and dollar which use gold to give their money actual value.
Considering that nowadays there are more and more cryptocurrency's emerging it's unlikely to be a favorable trade for you.
Only way I see this beeing profitably is if the crypto's all crash and burn within a few months.

Shoulda bought btc retard

take it back idiot, the dollar is going to die and transfer to something else.

The only time gold and silver 'explode' is when the economy as a whole goes to shit. But with Trump talking about how he wants a weak dollar it might be a good way to hedge your bets.

What can I do with my $500 birthday gift? Invest in something to let it sit and grow for years would be nice.

bitcoin isn't stopping yet, highest return so far yet also a pretty decent risk of losing it all.
If you want to play it safe go for Tesla, once their more affordable cars start rolling out their stock should go up significantly (will take some time though)

>mfw not investing in fidget spinners

>a friend told me
verify it you nigger
he may mean well but he might not know best

> use gold to give their money actual value.
Don't listen to this retard , he other knows noting or is a fucking time traveler from the past when the gold standard was still a thing.

JOIN THIS DISCORD SERVER OR YOUR MOTHER DIES IN HER SLEEP TONIGHT
discord dot gg/WhRaxuE

I would put it in a dull stock that pays out a decent dividend. I like Nestle and Unilever. And for the love of God stay out of tech, especially Nvidia.

How do tv corps do in your view like viacom and disney and areas like that

The US brings up going back on the gold standard every so often, especially with a conservative government. But at the end of the day god is just a commodity; just like wheat, pork bellies and frozen concentrated orange juice

idk if you're gonna make huge profits.

but precious metals are a safe bet.
do you have some more of your obviously Jewish inheritance to spare? paypal me some user!

What ever Elon Musk is doing invest in that.

IMHO media stocks are a mixed bag. Right now with streaming services (Netflix, Hulu etc) appear to be on the cutting edge and the old guard as it were is trying to catch up.

I would stay out of them. But remember, I 'm a Sup Forumstard, not a licensed financial advisor.

I see what you did there

I hear you, but I always appreciate a serious answer on here. Some of the best convos I've had on /b. My brother works with a guy convined to invest his stuff in wat and weapons stocks. Thinks that boom is coming and I cant say i blame him

War**

well we are going to buff up our nuclear aresnal, thats one good weapon area you can play around with, or uranium stocks look around and fish for the best one.

I second this.

I wouldn't make my portfolio more than 10% max gold and/or silver.

Difference should be in blue chip stocks in diversified industries; and bonds, the ratio of which depends on your appetite for risk.

>source: wu-tang financial

Gun stocks are always for a good source of dividends, but I would be skeptical of them right now. We have a Republican president, Congress and a conservative Supreme Court.

Gun sales are already tanking.

The other thing to remember about gold is that unless you store it yourself you're going to have to pay a broker a storage fee.

And if gold drops shit gets expensive real quick.

>gun sales are tanking because of republicans
what?

Because nobody is nervous about them being taken away probably

Not that user but .22 rounds while obango was in office were basically impossible to find, now that Trump is in office the shelves are stocked and full

Republicans are big fans of the 2nd Amendment. So when something bad, like the Las Vegas shooting, happens they're less likely to pass control legislation. Meaning you can put off getting that AR15 because the government won't make them illegal anytime soon.

The store I work at sells guns and sales are way down from this time last year.