Have any of you been homeless? If so, how did you survive...

Have any of you been homeless? If so, how did you survive? I'm probably gonna be homeless within a week so I need advice.

Lived outta my truck for 6 months.
Have a gym membership for regular showers.
Wash your clothes normally.
Have a few places you can hang out and charge up your shit.
I typically parked at walmarts and cvs to sleep.

Saved up and got a shitty apartment.

Eat rats.

Had a friend that was homeless. There's plenty of programs in the US if you're in a city. Most are pretty strict though to weed out the needy from the addicts. He used to tell me there was like an 8:00 curfew at the homeless shelter and if you missed it, you would sleep outside. Also if you showed up high/drunk you weren't allowed in. If you show up a certain number of times though they'll give you your own private room and a locker to store stuff in. They'll also provide you with a place to get mail so you can get a job. However, he was a drunk and a drug addict so most nights he would find a 24/7 laundry mat and sleep on the bathroom floor with the door locked.

I was homeless for 8 months. Lived out of my 89 Crown Victoria. I did have a job as a local taxi driver out in Northwest Indiana. The first couple of weeks sucked but I made it work. Took showers at truck stops, only ate when I needed to, fasted the rest of the time. Collected my tips for a long while. Finally had a family member let me stay with them. Got a better job.

You should look into getting your cdl class a and become a trucker. Decent pay and their are companies that will pay for you to get it. You will be under the company's thumb till you pay it off but worth it.

I don't know but I'm truly sorry.

Explain your situation. Why are you about to become homeless?

Student debt, unhelpful family, I kinda dug myself into a hole because I'm depressed and have been extremely unmotivated for the past few months

I feel you. Hope things get better. Any drugs or alcohol problems?

Thanks, I hope so too. I would drink and smoke pot socially, but I've stopped because I've been too depressed to go out unless I need to. I did have a binge drinking problem in the past though, like a year ago. So nothing recent but I have a history.

Look into government assistance an don't be ashamed. We live in fucked up times.

I was never really "homeless", but I did get kicked out of my home at 18 with nowhere to go. Ended up trading sexual favors for a place to stay.

I have rehearsal so I’ll come back in about an hour but I’ve been homeless since march2016
Find a Uni with a music school.
Sleep in practice rooms.
Shower at the athletic center.
I steal food 6days a week from the campus cafeterias

Not OP but I am saving money to get my CDL
I hope it's worth it

Holy fuck I'm in your exact situation. Once I graduate, I'm fucked. I've been trying to come to terms with my future as of late.

I had some money so I could eat everyday. I sat in a McDonalds using their wifi on my laptop all day until night time. I met two other homeless guys there, one lived in his car, and the other lived in an abandoned house. I started sleeping in that abandoned house at night. Also met some drug addict at the mcdonalds who wanted me to smoke with him or do some kind of drugs with him. I saw him spend the night in the kid's slide in the play area of the mcdonalds.

The first year is going to suck honestly. If you're a line wolf, you will be good. Socially, become real quaint with social media. Get some streaming services and YouTube will keep you sane . It will take a toll on your weight, so get good with intermittent fasting. Eat healthy.
Once you get all that in order, survive at least one year without hitting anything or dying . After that, you can get with a better company. Endorsements will get you into better doors.

Trip dubs checked
Appreciate the advice, what do you mean by 'dying' the first year
I hope you mean metaphorically

Are you in the US? You can get on an income based repayment program and you payments can be as low as $0. Student debt doesn't have to put you on the street.

Get a job. Throw away all your electronic toys, work lots of overtime, and beg for your family to allow you live with them. Propose rent, chores , etc.
Swallow your damn pride and ask for help from friends and family to get back on your feet. It's better than living on the street.

No, literally. I mean the probability of that happening is pretty good. From random people not paying attention on the road, drunk drivers, road rage from both drivers and civilians, insurance scammers, jumpers. To cover your ass, get a dash cam immediately to show that you weren't at fault.
Then there is truck stops and rest areas. Rarely you might have a mugger. Then there are lot lizards, if you get one, you might get lucky and she will fuck you and leave. Rarely they might rob you or their pimp will shake you down or rob you. If you dodge all that, then you will get into fights with drivers over a parking space or some other stupid shit. In that case he get a knife/kubotan/monkeyfist. I would also recommend getting a license to carry and get a gun. Make sure you know where your permit is valid and stay legal. I have a glock 17 gen 4 and a remington 870 locked in my shtf safe.
Other than all that, you should be good ^-^

Get a job ya bum

I'm living in a van in the bay area and I fucking love it, although it's by choice. I make $140k a year and just couldn't bring myself to spend a chunk of that on the crazy rent out here, so I crash in a van and bank as much as I can. I have a gym membership that I shower at, and I charge my phone/electronics off of a 20000 mah portable battery I charge at work. The only downsides are having to piss in a bottle and shit at fast food restaurants, and eating out way too much.

Been through exactly this, if you have a car or can get one its your best bet OP. good luck my man.

damn, whatchu gonna do with all that saved money ? early retirement ? live off the grid ?

thats pretty fucked
im gonna do it anyways

Not sure yet. I think I may travel. This is a contract gig, so it's not going to last forever, but living in a van made me realize how little I actually need to be happy. I don't know if I can bring myself to go back to an apartment or home.

don't you sweat your ass off in the van or do you run the a/c all the time?

what kinda van?

The bay area has great weather. I run the van when I need to, but it's not too often. I can usually get by just using a usb fan plugged into my battery and cracking the windows in the back. It's like 60 degrees year round out here, although we had a few pretty hot days over the summer.

It's a Ford freestar. I got it for the stealth factor. I can camp on City streets and nobody gives it a second look. Although there are motherfuckers out here with full size RVs camping on the street, so it may not have been necessary.

story about the favors?