ITT: Musicians who are unlikeable people

ITT: Musicians who are unlikeable people

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pYyyqIZTvYY
loudwire.com/dave-mustaine-full-statement-nick-menza-death-benefit-concert/
loudwire.com/ex-megadeth-guitarist-chris-poland-recalls-dave-mustaine-reaction-death-cliff-burton/
metalinjection.net/latest-news/bummer-alert/megadeth-frontmans-mother-in-law-found-dead-at-76
youtu.be/Bpj22u3-Ycw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bjork

After spending some time on twitter, pretty much all of them.

Bono
Anthony Kiedis

grimes

Dave's such a cunt that when he's next to pricks like Lars or Marty Friedman they seem like total bros.

Don Henley

I find Bono surprisingly kind of likeable given his reputation, other than being a bit too smug and arrogant for his own good
Pic related is much worse for it if you ask me

no

I don't think Bono is so much a cunt but more a hack and who feels that if something exists it must become about him.

Reminder that this happened
youtube.com/watch?v=pYyyqIZTvYY
Also it was not the only time when she attacked somebody?

I wonder if RHCP would be great if Anthony was less annoying.

I forgot to remove that question mark

Billy fucking Corgan

I can't tell whether I like him or not.

Both of these seem like they probably try to be nice and likeable but are so lacking in basic social skills that they come across as dicks half the time

Are Anthrax the only of the Big Four who aren't colossal, smug douchebags?

Kirk Hammett seems like a nice bloke, just a bit slow

Marilyn Manson

Thurston Moore

I like Dave 2bh, he lacks humility and tact, but he's a pretty nice guy these days.

Wasn't this around the same time she had that creepy stalker who tried to disfigure her with acid then killed himself? Apparently she became anxious because the reporter was bothering her kid.

Both of those combined, I can't blame her for flying off the handle, being famous must fucking suck.

desu, I kind of like Thurston despite his often elitist attitude and occasional immaturity, but at their worst all of Sonic Youth would have probably have been quite annoying to hang out with for an extended period of time
Lee seems cool though

I like Steve enough for the most part, but even I find him insufferable at times

This guy and his loser band both suck shit!

Wifebeating memes aside, even at John's best he was an arrogant gobshite, and at his worst he seemed downright horrible
This man was able to fall out with Slash
Fucking Slash!
I thought that was impossible

ALL The Beatles were/are horrible people in real life. (And this is coming from a die hard Beatles fan)

George seemed like a nice guy

The rest seem better though

This fucker is an insufferable two faced lying hypocrite. Just ask the rest of The Dead Kennedys, and other people who have had the displeasure of associating/dealing with him personally!

Slash is really kind of a douchebag as well.

Fuck... That describes me
:(

If only he wasn't religious, especially after what happened in his life.
loudwire.com/dave-mustaine-full-statement-nick-menza-death-benefit-concert/
loudwire.com/ex-megadeth-guitarist-chris-poland-recalls-dave-mustaine-reaction-death-cliff-burton/
metalinjection.net/latest-news/bummer-alert/megadeth-frontmans-mother-in-law-found-dead-at-76
youtu.be/Bpj22u3-Ycw

Am I the only person who actually kinda likes him?

Maybe he is, but he seems like a really hard person to actually fall out with from interviews I've seen. Like he seems like if you told him you hate his guts he'd just go "hey, that's cool man, whatever, y'know?" and that'd be the end of it. That may just be new Slash though.

John was a twat, no argument
Paul is a nice enough guy, he's just pompous and full of himself
George and Ringo were/are great guys

Ringo was quite nasty for a while, but modern Ringo's cool at least
George seemed alright as well, he was just a massive slag that he gets criticised for
Also, all of them got nasty when they had drug problems, but that was just the drugs it seems

You got dubs, but I'm here to tell you that George could be mean. If you ever read the book The Longest Cocktail Party you would know he was extremely rude Lauren Bacall's children when they toured the offices of Apple. He was also known to break or destroy items people handed him to autograph, and he had a sign on the front gate of his London mansion that read FUCK OFF, ASSHOLE!

Paul was/is a condescending, smarmy, schmuck. Just ask Heather Mills. Or, if you can find a copy, read the article in the April 1985 issue of Hustler written by Denny Laine's ex wife Jo Jo Laine. She describes in detail what a horrible person Paul and Linda were/are.

And Ringo has been known to public lose his temper, and storm out of interviews if he doesn't like the question being asked. He preaches "Peace and Love" but, just like John, he can't practice what he preaches. (And again, this is coming from a life long Beatles' fan)

>Paul was/is a condescending, smarmy, schmuck

I know there was one time when he was asked if he could read sheet music. He said no and he has no interest in learning either.

See

>he was just a massive slag that he gets criticised for
I don't understand, what do you mean?

I agree, even tho I find Mustaine and Rollins highly entertaining.
Pretty much. Tom Araya is batshit insane, but otherwise, a likeable guy.

I would add Greg Ginn and Ian McKaye.

I think on some level it's a bit unfair to mark them as bad for these.. You have to think that they've been continuously in the public eye for over half a century and that every bad thing they ever did in public, or indeed in private, has been catalogued and released to the public. If every mean thing you or I ever did was presented as one we'd both look like complete cunts and we're both probably 20 something and not working in that sort of industry.

Bob Dylan is kind of asshole-ish.

He couldn't keep it in his pants at all. He slept with other women during each of his relationships, including with Ringo's wife.

Oh, I see, thanks for clarifying.

Borders once had a "Win Lunch With Carly Simon" contest and they had a whole bunch of rules about how you could only ask her pre-approved questions and not discuss anything she doesn't like to talk about.

>Ian MacKaye
He's preachy as fuck sometimes but he seems all right. He doesn't seem like a hypocrite either unlike a lot of people like him, which you have to credit him for.
Ginn's got some stories about him though, I'll give you that

George Clinton has always come off as a dick.

I think it's the preachy thing I don't like about him, been reading the Our Band Could Be Your Life book, Minor Threat is all about McKaye and he sounds as edgy and tryhard today as he was back then.

Love both Fugazi and Minor Threat, tho. And most of Dischord's roster.

Most of the Beach Boys are really pretty scummy human beings.

Eddie Vedder

Most of their current members are

>Also it was not the only time when she attacked somebody

That's the response I would've posted, but you beat me to it

Dubs speak the truth.
A lot of people who worked with George Clinton over the years have pegged him as a douche bag. There was even a documentary about it Called Tear The Roof Off The Sucker where former members of various projects of his called him out on his bullshit.

nah, user. I like Mark and his antics

Jagger and Richards are and have always been smug dickbags.

On the flipside, who are some musicians that you struggle to bring yourself to hate in spite of the fact that they're a bit of a dick?

>A lot of people who worked with George Clinton over the years have pegged him as a douche bag. There was even a documentary about it Called Tear The Roof Off The Sucker where former members of various projects of his called him out on his bullshit.
Including his involvement with the Process Church of the Final Judgement who provided liner notes on two Funkadelic albums.

I love The Beach Boys, but they are well known to be right wing conservative republicans.

And that's just for starters............

I agree with this a bit
Charlie is by far the most based Stone

>>>/anywhere but here/

Keith seems alright, but Mick comes across as a self centered egotistical narcissist!

How many of them actually are that way though?
Mike seems to be and Bruce (who actually seems like a nice guy who's decided to hang out with Mike for some reason) has been quite outspoken about it but I honestly have no idea how the others are politically, or even if they're very political at all.

Hi Keith
Keith would probably admit himself that he's a bit of a dick sometimes, but he wouldn't be him if he wasn't.

I read once in an interview (I think), that he used to bully Rick Wright all the time, all through their time together in the band. If you look at old band footage, they are never together alone and never really talk to each other on camera. After Wright left the band, he started attacking Gilmour and Mason. Mason caved in to his bullying and lost faith in his drumming abilities, but Gilmour stood up to it and... the rest is history.
He seems rather laid-back these days, to be fair.

What's wrong with Vedder?

Didn't he kick Wright out of the band because he refused to cancel a family holiday to go to a recording session that he'd booked after he'd planned it?
Of course, the twist is that because they lost money on the subsequent tour where they hired him as a session musician he ended up being the only one to profit from it, but still

I don't dislike him, but I get why people would.

You've never read any interview with him, have you.

That's funny, accurate and doesn't sound like an asshole statement. I do believe he was an ass, tho.

>Didn't he kick Wright out of the band because he refused to cancel a family holiday to go to a recording session that he'd booked after he'd planned it?
Yep, exactly; though the problems had been festering for a few years prior, this was the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak. Waters wanted to finish the album early, which meant that Wright had to cut short his holiday. Wright refused, and he was kicked out of the band, and re-hired as a session musician.

I have, he seems like a diehard bleeding-heart liberal, but politics aside, he seems like a nice guy.

I doubt they'll be many objections to this

Jacoby Shaddix. That faggot acts like his one-hit wonder band was the 2000s Led Zeppelin.

any original punk icon who wasn't dead by '82 desu
(excepting god himself, Iggy Pop)

The Damned seem alright as a whole, Vanian in particular

why did this take so long

Kanye's a twat, but I find him quite hard to hate

Billy Joel. Well, he's pretty nice nowadays but in the 70s he was a huge egomaniac and a drunk who fucked his bandmates' wives/girlfriends in addition to cheating them out of money they were owed.

W

Mike Patton

Was Kurt Cobain ever not an edgy little shit? I mean, have you seen his diary entries?

O

I liked him more for saying that. I thought he was as interesting as toast before I heard he did that, but that was pretty funny.

Anthony Kiedis has grown up a lot as he's gotten older, he was definitely an asshole in the 80s-early 90s.

G

Fair enough, i've just got tunnel vision on rollins/mackaye/biafra/aukerman/etc.

Oh yeah, this for sure
The only one in Nirvana when they were big who seems cool was Krist desu, and even then he was kind of annoying when he was younger

Are you kidding me?

>Aukerman
I don't follow the Descendents closely, so what's wrong with him?
OP said musician, not businessman

i always thought his edginess due to depression or his BPD

Paul Stanley is really not any better, just a little less outspoken.

Suck my cock

This. What kind of asshole ruins the best funk metal band of the 80s then goes on to be a pseudo elitist prick because muh innovayshun

Milo is a homophobe and a sexist
>You suck me buttfuck, you fucking gay