Atheists claim that god doesn't exist, but when you ask them to provide evidence...

atheists claim that god doesn't exist, but when you ask them to provide evidence, they say the burden of proof isn't on them, even though they're the one making the claim?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7nIRJVmZ4K8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No.

jesus fuckin christ, if I had a penny for every one for every one of these posts I've seen with the same picture every time...

Stop. no one cares. get some help.

You can't definitively prove the existence of god one way or another. It's something we will never know. If you believe he exists, then by all means, believe whatever you want. Same for those that don't. I can never understand why people on either side have to constantly argue about this shit.Believe whatever you believe, but quit trying to make everyone else believe the same thing.

Sup my Christian nigga
How's your herpes?

But you guys are the one making the claim that god exists

this is baitier than my computer chair.

Atheists are the scum of this planet. No rules.. No care. You are pure evil.
At least satan loves you.
Good luck with that.

The problem tends to arise from religious individuals basing their ethical and moral beliefs on or from their supposed god, and then attempting to apply those ethics, morals, and beliefs on society as a whole. This impacts things like abortion availability and belief in climate change/global warming. Also, many faiths are geared towards converting others as well - either explicitly through rules provided by their sacred texts or leaders, or implicitly through a desire to save non-believers from potential punishment (such as an eternity in hell). For many religious individuals, leaving the non-believer alone is either breaking a religious rule or horribly inhumane from their point of view.

im pretty sure its only christians and muslims who try and force their religion down everyone's throats, and it shows considering they're the biggest two.

The absolute bait

>but when you ask them to provide evidence, they say
Magic still isn't real, cry harder.

Being raised as a christian, I know all this. (spread the word, and all that) I'm just saying the argument over whether god exists or not is stupid. You can't prove it either way. And it doesn't help the atheist's side any when the most outspoken ones are edgelords in fedoras and/or trenchcoats that claimto be "athiest" just to get a reaction out of people, or out of hate for religion because their church going parents caught them sucking cock one day, and called them a sinner or made them go to sunday school when they wanted to stay home and jack off to anime.

It happens with many religions, especially among more recent converts (be that as a culture/nation or as individuals). There are even Buddhist sects that have "evangelical"-esque branches.

This bait ain't even fucking Good.
Stop waisting out time and go shit post somewhere else.

>atheists claim that god doesn't exist

W R O N G
Atheists claim they don't believe in god. Anti-theists claim god doesn't exist.

If you claim that my Flargl-wafpter doesn't exist, is it on you to prove that i don't have a Flargl-wafpter?

On one level, I agree and I don't think the question of whether god exists or not matters, and that the argument is stupid.

On the other hand, religious types are the ones who are currently backing the anti-science positions, especially in the US, and using their faith as a "shield" against real-world facts. And, since their faith and beliefs shape who they vote for and what policies they support, the argument does matter. I'd like it not to, but it does (for now).

Now, there have been eras where Christians AND Muslems had been very supportive of science. If valuing science came back into vogue with the overwhelming majority of Christians and Muslems, this entire argument could be shelved.

this, it should be a non-issue, but when religion influences policy instead of facts, it becomes an issue.

To be fair most of them tend to be aint-theist, so

[citation needed]

That's like calling an agnostic a devout Christian.

Something something teapot something space something something OP is a fag.

what a fucking retard you are

I fuck you mother bitch nigger suck me dick xD

faggot moron idiot xD you should kys yourself

Its Wednesday night, shouldn't you be at church instead of ad homineming Sup Forums?

So, you're saying we should call religious folks Atheorists?

The fact that God is undetectable is the ultimate proof that He exists. What kind of Supreme being would He be if He couldn't hide his existence from Man?

>me: i don't know what happens when I die
>grandfather: Well there's a book that tells you!
>me: thousands of years old and written by sandniggers in a dead language....

I find it ironic that the christians who claim to "love jesus" are also the ones who support our asshat president's travel ban/wallbuilding

The fuck kind of supreme being would need to hide from man? If god exists he's a little bitch.

One that existed.

But these are not people who truly love Jesus and understand his teachings, otherwise, they'd know we're supposed to help the poor and less fortunate and love our enemies and so on. Instead, they allow their own feelings and the words of others to influence their interpretations of Christ's teachings. When and if judgment day comes, I suspect that many of them will discover just how wrong they were, and will have an eternity to spend regretting it.

Mexicans and Muslims didn't write The Bible. The travel ban has nothing to do with religion anyways. I thought atheists were supposed to be smart?

But then how are we supposed to tell the righteous from the radicals? We should just kill them all.

Oh wait...

Then police your religion better, because those of us who don't ascribe to your religion still have to deal with all the vile acts people justify with your religion.

I get you're trying to be all spiritual and shit, but nigga you're not convincing anyone.

Humans are "show me" creatures. Telling people you found Atlantis won't mean anything until you can show them.

It's the same guy who pushes that "log shit" meme nonstop.

Textbook strawman. You'll always win if you use a logical fallacy.

So tell me, in modern day locales where was the bible written?

Allegedly we were designed in god's image. If so, I have a damn good reason to believe that whatever God exists/existed stopped caring a long fucking time ago. We don't care about 99% of the shit we fuck up on, why would an allegedly omnipotent God?

>atheists claim that god doesnt exist
You already lost

He's not hiding. I just said undetectable. He shows Himself when He needs to, in various forms and ways, but He's just on another level and far beyond our limited comprehension.

>being on Sup Forums so much that you can recognize specific posters

>He's just on another level and far beyond our limited comprehension
Apparently not, if you're worshiping the fucker.

Well, according to scripture, when judgment comes, the righteous will be saved, even the righteous dead, who will rise from their graves, and be taken in to heaven, while the wicked will remain on earth to atone for their sins (I might not be completely right on this, it's been many years since I last went to church) and suffer. It won't be hard for us to discern who is righteous and who isn't because the righteous will all be gone.

I don't really participate in religion anymore, I've become agnostic over the years, and I'm no longer sure what to believe anymore. So I'd be of little help in that matter.

There is NO evidence for a god. NONE at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=7nIRJVmZ4K8

Oh look. Words taken out of context like all manipulators.

Kill yourself and then come tell me what you see.

Your post left no room for misinterpretation. You simply enjoy dismissing any opinion don't doesn't align with your own.

Not the same places where the travel ban has been proposed. So much for your strawman claim

Why don't atheists believe in Young Sheldon? I ask them to prove its not on tv and they say for me to check my dvr?

The claim here is that god exists, dummy

>Mexicans and muslims
Lol

satan isn't real either.

He Bible leaves no room for interpretation either, yet humans take the words and twist them on a daily basis, even some so-called men and women of God. The Bible is the inspired word of God and is to be taken for literal fact. None come to the Father except through the Son. That is the only way into heaven, not through good works or deeds on Earth. There is no other interpretation

"prove me"?
So you don't understand grammar or logic.
BRILLIANT!
Derp, show me how to prove my claim to knowledge so I can regurgitate it just like all the athiest bullshit I swallow without understanding , herp.
Fucking athiest nigger fagot.

>Bible leaves no room for interpretation either
This is the biggest problem with religion. A book written and rewritten over hundreds and hundreds of years is somehow suppose to be the word of god?

You said it yourself. Words get twisted, as do their definitions. If ever there was a book written by holy men, it got destroyed long ago.

That's right, but even since the bible was first written and the books compiled into what we now know as the Holy Bible, men have used their own interpretations of his word instead of just taking it literally, like it says we should. Then again, the whole thing was written by men, and not God himself, so what's to say the writers didn't throw some of their own interpretations into it while they were writing it? I know damn well the catholic church did when they retranslated it centuries ago.

Enjoy your Hell

>He Bible leaves no room for interpretation

Not that it had to be translated or anything.

Well, that depends. Is the unicorn also insubstantial in addition to being invisible? Because if it's not, I could prove its existence with a bag of flour.

I find it silly you're threatening an atheist with eternal torment.
A simple "fuck you" would be mush more effective.

The burden of proof lies on the party making the positive claim

Genetic fallacy detected***
You have not read the Bible; therefore, you have no grounds to make any claim to knowledge about it.
Feel free to give us your opinions on Dr.Seus though, you might have read a few of his books at least, they have pictures.

Ooh, animated.

>Sage your replies.
>Hide the thread.
>Don't feed the troll.
>This has been going on for over a year and a half.

Nothing to see here; Don't feed the trolls. Sage in all fields.

At least Dr. Seuss is consistent.
Christianity has 9 major denominations.

>pink
>invisible
Pick one

>9 major denominations
All use the same bible, fucktard.

Atheism has many different "denominations" too, so what is your point?

I have a children's bible with lots of pictures in it he could read if he has trouble with the big words in the grownup bible.

HOLY SHIT I THOUGHT THERE WERE LIKE.... TEN DIFFERENT BIBLES

Christian, Catholic, Protestant, Roman Catholic, all are Christian at their core.