youtube.com/watch?v=clJJHUHACJU
livetiming.getraceresults.com/24htces#screen-results
24htceseries.com/2017/24h-silverstone-2017/entry-list
youtube.com/watch?v=Ir_E8cWpXY8
instagram.com/p/BSXMhIpjNnX/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Larson wins another pole
>The Destroyer starts in P6

G'damn.....looks like Ganassi finally managed to pull their head out of their ass.

Qualification got rained out.

Completely missed the 2017 919 and 2017 TS050 reveals

racecar-engineering.com/cars/porsche-919-9r9-my15/

Some stuff I'm following this weekend:
Blancpain Sprint
Quali Race - GMT 18:40 sat
Main Race - GMT 10:30 sunday
youtube.com/user/gt1world

24 HR Series Silverstone - 13:30 sat livestream.com/accounts/2362362

Missed a load of news.

>Porsche and Toyota make a "gentlemen's agreement" to freeze their chassis development through 2019
>WEC Prologue at Monza this weekend will see the first testing of the new "automated-BOP" process for the 2017 WEC season; system overview expected this week
>All of the customer Porsche 911 RSRs are running to 2015-specification worldwide, according to Head of Porsche Motorsport Dr. Frank-Steffen Walliser, who said it was a cost driven decision. “As there was the openness, and you would have to balance them anyway, we will use the ’15 car,” he told Sportscar365. “We will see. It’s more difficult on the [GTE]-Am side than the [GTE]-Pro side.”

Forgot about BSS. Totally lost without the wallplanner for this year, might have to make my own.

Blancpain quali is live and isn't geo blocked in the US!

youtube.com/watch?v=C43Whe0Fkw4

lel a little late on that one but no geo-block is good news

Sorry for potato quality

Ford GT is turning me deaf

Anyone gonna watch the trucks today
>tfw no xfinity

nice. Do the P1s seem to be struggling with corner grip? They've had to drop a lot of aero and are projected to be 3-4s/lap slower at Le Mans this year.

>joegibbsracing.com/
wew

>tfw the Rebellion WEC livery is shit

Lel Suarez

Holy fucking shit.

It's funny and saddening at the same time.

>smacking into the wall on a formation lap

Silverstone 24h about to kick off.

cheers

Silverstone 24h Series

youtube.com/watch?v=clJJHUHACJU

Live Timing
livetiming.getraceresults.com/24htces#screen-results
Entry List
24htceseries.com/2017/24h-silverstone-2017/entry-list

prototypes are too ugly to watch

Love Martinsville. It should be a single file restart track tho.

Dat South Carolina truck

>Chase Sauter Peters Crafton
Lame

>Cup driver on pole

I wish more teams painted their wheels to match their paint schemes. Penske routinely has the sexiest cars and the wheels always look good.

>tfw watching practice

>coughlin outqualified by TJ Bell's shitmobile

Truck coverage starting on FOX right now

kys my man

is ther an xfinity race today?

Blancpain
youtube.com/watch?v=Ir_E8cWpXY8

He is barely good enough to be a cup driver so ill let it slide

Why there is no spectator ?

It's sad

BIGONE

Xfinity is off this weekend

Geez what a mess.

what the fuck is going on

trucks today.

need truck thread

trucks thread

>***Defending LMP2 World Champion Gustavo Menezes told Sportscar365 that LMP1 cars have struggled to pass their Signatech Alpine A470 on the straight and are only able to overtake under braking and under acceleration, when the hybrid systems are fully activated.
Bravo, FIA/ACO

>Jayski is dead and ruined forever
Made me sad

why is this considered sport? guy just sits in his car. exactly like chess

Yeah this is really odd. Who hype for LMP2s beating P1s down the Mulsanne straight.

Chess is Sup Forums

Racing is more of a sport than Croatia is a country

holy fuck that told.

yeah i know. thats exactly what im saying

Lmp2 had more problems with pitch in the breaking zone, lmp1 were always smooth.
Only in high speed corners they lost sometimes the rear in acceleration

based maldonado

>Who hype for LMP2s beating P1s down the Mulsanne straight.
They'll just choke down on the Gibsons.

Will NASCAR ever see a big boom period like in the early 2000's?

>ratings were up
>races were all on network tv
>a-list celebs at the track every week
>go or go home cars

are we doomed to follow the path of indycar?

I have a theory that NASCAR and the NBA cannot both be popular at the same time.

If you look at NASCAR's boom period, it coincides with the NBA's Allen Iverson period where they had a thug image and white people didn't want to watch. Now the NBA has LeBron and a huge TV deal with ESPN and is kicking ass while NASCAR has few transcendent stars and is being relegated back to cable.

maybe if they get rid of

Brian France
The Chase

in this order

Anything on right now??

>Cindric fucked up the truck race
As expected of that faggot

Television is a dead medium.

Streaming is where it's at.

I would gladly pay for a quality direct stream WITHOUT ANY FUCKING COMMERCIALS.

Television broadcasting is going to eventually die, and that's a good thing.

Spee's April Fool's joke is SKEEEUP. This board sucks.

NEWS NEWS NEWS
DANICA ENGAGED TO RICKY STENHAUSER
instagram.com/p/BSXMhIpjNnX/

Pregnancy to save her from embarrassing end to her career

>tfw no mommy driver gf

Posted this right before the Sup Forums merger. It was fun. The weeaboos taught me about anime.

Is it a joke or not?

If consecutive digits, Danica will keep her last name or hyphenate. If triples, Ricky will hyphenate and become Ricky Patrick-Stenhouse like the ultimate cuck.

IT'S HAPPENING

>zero wins: the NASCAR romance

This is the kind of media stunt that could get one of them in victory lane. It would be the perfect story... Danica is good at Martinsville.

28th in happy hour
She'll be -3 laps by the end of stage 2

Top 30? She's fucking killing it. Men BTFO

The perfect strategy. No one will see it coming.

Dicky Steakhouse is bretty gud at Bristol, which is in a few weeks and Danicles is decent at the road courses. They don't want to make their wins too obvious or coincidental so expect them to win at those tracks.

Danica will win the 400 at Daytona in July
Bowyer will push her to the win

ricky is actually a really nice guy in real life. good for him i guess

Watching Formula E for the first time. A guy literally just pulled in the garage and jumped into another car and went back out. Is this normal?

dunno but its a shit series desu

Yes. Formula E is a bigger meme than F1. "muh sustainability" but they can't even race one for the entire race. Also >fanboost

Anyone who tells you FE is enjoyable to watch is lying and/or stupid enough to think F1 is good and that all the "overtaking" that actually happens in FE compared to F1 is noteworthy.

>The FanBoost is a concept introduced by the FIA in the Formula E Championship to give the three "most popular" drivers a temporary boost in power in each ePrix.

What the actual fuck

Brian fucking France better not catch wind of its existence or that shit is coming to NASCAR

Also take note of all the unnecessary chicanes and tighter course so it looks like the cars are going fast.

I actually thought they were under safety car for a second when they weren't kek.

will there ever be a bigger shill in motorsports?

hnnngg

looks like a moving truck

We anime in Europe for the 10th anniversary of GSR

The Boom was really down to the drama of who would take over from Dale Sr as king of the sport, Dale Jr was still huge and the races were exciting as fuck with good cars and drivers. The problems started falling off as with every motorsport when someone started emerging and getting too dominant like JJ so people would turn off because "Jimmie wins lol" like they turned off with "Schumi wins lol", "Rossi Wins lol", "Loeb wins lol" "Vettel Wins lol" in other top level motorsport series which also had huge ratings hits. You add in the global recessions and increased cost in lower level teams trying to make it to races and ticket prices being priced out of reach to the same blue collar man that made the sport and it's fucked.

Especially since France didn't really give a shit about the recession because as far as he cared. NASCAR was booming, F1 and Moto were starving so fuck them. Now NASCAR is in a massive rut, the boomers that made up its audience are dying. Gen X barely cares unless they were brought up in a NASCAR family and Millenials just see it as redneck trumpland and won't bother (Even though last year's cup winner is a registered Democrat). Ticket prices are down. The title Sponsorship was Coke doing France a massive favor by convincing the Monster Energy Execs to take a massive chance on the series for a severely reduced price and a chance to bail in two years if it doesn't work and the money is starting to disappear.

France is acting oblivious. The problems in F1 are so bad they are churning through teams and hoping the new owners give some stability. And as long as he keeps acting oblivious and not going down to Races to see the stands being empty during Truck/Xfinity and only Daytona selling out during Cup then he will never figure it out.

The ticket prices and on track product have been a scam. It costs a ridiculous amount of money for almost nothing in return compared to an IMSA or Indycar weekend. Hell, PWC is fine too if you're by a track but the NASCAR ticket price is meant for rich people.

morning lads

No one even noticed Circle Sport's was start and parking for the entire west coast swing. Or knowing NASCAR, probably forbidding the media to talk about it. No one has started and parked in Cup since the 90's so that's another embarrassing fact for France (Even if it's "who cares, it's Jeffery Earnhardt")

>The news comes on the heels of the announcement that SRO Motorsports Group and Super GT series organizer GT Association will join forces to hold the first joint GT3/GT300 ten-hour race at Suzuka in 2018.
I see that Ratel's plan for world domination is on the right track

all lmp cars have been hideous for a while now

>No one has started and parked in Cup since the 90's
What did he mean by this?

Did you watch NASCAR in 2009? There were at least three start and park teams every week. This is a modern era problem.

The charter system was supposed to do away with this shit. The 33 team has a guaranteed qualifying position but they're parking anyway. The way Derrike Cope is racing, I expect him to follow suit.

Other teams like BK Racing do not start and park but they crash out every week. It's essentially the same thing but it gets their sponsor on tv for a minute.

>Circle Sport's was start and parking for the entire west coast swing
They finished 6 laps down at Vegas, went out early at Phoenix, but from what I could was an actual problem, and ran half of Auto Club. Hardly start and parking.

Martinsville thread

Have you guys seen these 2018 designs out of Indycar? It's open wheel again!

Pls watch our league.

Fanboost is a smoke and mirrors gimmick for twitter faggots, it isn't even useful because of the extra battery drain.