Anyone else remember a NASA new article about them finding a black hole in our solar system or is it just me?

anyone else remember a NASA new article about them finding a black hole in our solar system or is it just me?

Other urls found in this thread:

space.com/5191-smallest-black-hole.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro_black_hole
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Something big is coming

It wasn't just in our solar system it was in ALL solar systems they've found so far.

They've kinda linked the forming of solar systems to black holes.

this was a while ago.

Wtf are you talking about?!? Black holes help form galaxies, not solar systems. If there was a black hole in our solar system we’d be dead by now. Christ sake dude, read a fucking astronomy book. Or kys. Which ever works best.

Yea Herp. My B. No idea about one in our solar system.

You must be thinking of our galaxy, not our solar system. Like said, we'd all be dead.

Trips

If a black hole can be 15 miles in diameter it could totally be within our solar system. If it stuck around we'd be in trouble.

maybe you should read a book because a black hole in our solar system wouldn't kill us retard

Not a smartfag but I'm pretty sure I've read that on the quantum scale black holes are created and destroyed everywhere.

Care to explain how a black hole would even form within our solar system then, genius?

Wow. You’re a fucking idiot. Lol

Super massive black holes have been found in amost every galaxy. Smaller stellar mass black holes on the other hand are harder to detect. I am fairly certain they have been observed in our galaxy, but dont quote me on that. At the end of the day black holes are all over the place and are central to everything we know

this

also, CERN has created black holes that are a bit larger than what naturally occurs iirc. they are harmless and do not last long enough to grow.

however a noticeable black hole in our solar system would not be good.

Are they doing this with the LHC?

no they havent you fucking retard

You do realize that the pull of a black hole is so strong it actually warps space and time, right? You are aware of the fact that a black hole in our solar system would throw every planet off course, right? You do understand that that black hole would swallow the earth in no time, right? Fucking christ, kid. Just because you think you know what you’re talking about, doesn’t mean you actually do. So yeah, go read a fucking physics book you dumbass.

lolwut the black holes created by the LHC are microscopic

space.com/5191-smallest-black-hole.html

That honor is for you instead.

Not that user and I dont know enough about it to say either way but if anybody could do it its the egg heads at CERN

No it was a movie called Interstellar

yes. It's nothing to lose sleep over or draw up conspiracy theories.

we should instead focus our attention to tracking 'rogue' black holes which have been spotted in our galaxy and tend to wander about, essentially devouring whatever comes in its path.

>The X-ray emissions from XJ1417+52 reached peak brightness between 2000 and 2002, the statement said. At this time, a star likely passed too close to the black hole and was gobbled up. Material from the star would have spiraled around the black hole like water circling a drain.

if there were one then its not big enough to do anything for all local celestial bodys would start to get affected by its pull e.g we would start to move out of orbit and if it there were one that is growing i doubt we could do shit

Galaxy. Center of our galaxy. Every galaxy has one or more bigass black holes at it's center and they think it might be structurally important.

Are you saying my tiny black hole isn't a black hole?

maybe I should have been more clear.
black holes naturally occur at an extremely small scale. these are similar to what the LHC creates. they tend to disintegrate within 10^-27 seconds.

Oh Im not suggesting anything like that. I know the LHC is a particle accelarator but i was not aware they could do that sort of thing with it. They found the Higgs Bozon with the LHC

A black hole forms when a star collapses, how would one exist in our system?

we're talking micro black holes, user. chill the autism and read the whole thread.

U assume it would be stationary.
It can be small and skim by and not fuck things up too badly. Depends on the relative speed.

If it's too small to fuck things up, then it's too small to notice. You can't see a black hole, you can only deduce its presence from other shit around it.

Black holes are real freaky because of that.

Ask a physicist. Like I said before if its possible then the nerds at CERN would be the ones to make it happen. Also, super massive black holes were formed by direct collapse. Which is basically when the gas in the early universe got so dense it skipped the making at star bit and went right into a blackhole

I've never heard of microscopic black holes occurring in nature. What would cause them? Any sources?

i am physixsist ama

Ok? So scientist found a small black hole in our galaxy. What’s your fucking point? I never said black holes don’t exist in the galaxy. I never said they couldn’t be small. Is your point that’s it’s too small to do anything? If so, you must not have read the part that says it’s 3.8 TIMES the mass of our sun, which means it’s gravitational pull is greater than that of our home star, which of course proves that black hole only fifteen miles in diameter would destroy our solar system as we know it. Fucking Christ! Omg, your stupidity is literally hurting my head. Lol. Sheesh.

No shit sherlock.

Don't mean it couldn't be here. Just couldn't stick around too long, based on the smallest known one being 3.7x the mass of our sun.

Wouldn't be surprised if smaller ones passed all the time.

I'm a physician ama

Depends in relative speed and trajectory. It can exist in our solar system for a brief time given that size.

my big toenail on my left foot is a bit yellow and smells funky. how fix?

cant tell if this is bait or if retards like this really exist

Black holes can be very tiny.

They do see

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro_black_hole
you can start with good ol wikipedia. It even mentions the LHC.

SCIENCE THREAD
KEEP IT GOING
FUCK YEAH
fuck /sci/

>we should instead focus our attention to tracking 'rogue' black holes which have been spotted in our galaxy and tend to wander about, essentially devouring whatever comes in its path.
We could see it coming. We'd be pretty fucked if we don't come together and put some plan together to save humanity but yeah we would at least know about our black hole demise

>black hole defense

Nigga please.

Yeah, because pointing out facts regarding black holes makes me retarded. Can you be anymore of an autistic faggot?

Nigga u don't even know what a black hole is

Hmmmmm, maybe. But with a mass that size, it would def cause problems.

You keep saying speed and trajectory but just wtf are you talking about, there's no cosmic black hole launcher out there. and if there were, I think a 4 solar mass black hole would still fuck some shit up because our own sun has plenty of gravitational influence (obviously) so an object of basically infinite gravity would fuck up literally every orbit, not to mention turn the asteroid belt into a fucked up gravitational shotgun and also throwing the sun itself off kilter, destroying all life

I already read that and all it says about them occurring in nature is that vague last line, "It would also be a common natural phenomenon induced by the cosmic rays". And when you go to the article about cosmic rays, it mentions nothing of black hole production lol

Again depends on trajectory and solar calendar to be complete.

But possible to be there. Maybe we could even observe it but depends if we are looking.

>Says the autistic fag who doesn’t understand basic physics.

Lol. Yeah, ok kiddo.

dang now I know you're trolling

>this dude gets it.

Careful Sup Forumsro. If you start making too much sense the autists on this thread will start calling you a retard.

they found a BLACKED hole in your mum

Smallest black hole we've found in nature is 3.8 solar masses. If anything near that were in our solar system, we'd know.

Man made micro black holes evaporate almost instantly.

Not how black holes work, thanks for playing though.

Black holes don’t help form galaxies? Black holes don’t warp space and time? A black hole four times the mass of our sun wouldn’t wreak havoc on our solar system?!?!? Are you serious?!? Hahahahaha. You’re either trolling, incredibly fucking stupid, or both. I’m betting both.

Op here.Mark my words when i tell you theres a black hole somewhere in our solar system close to the sun,peace

The question was could one be in the solar system.

My answer is yes based on the relative size of the smallest found and trajectory of the body in question.

If you shoot it between the planets ur fucked unless it moves real fast by relative speed.

U guys ever have to write a lab showing the trajectory of a celestial body? Speed and time are factors to be reckoned when two bodies will effectively attract towards each other.

>Lrn2physics

Dude, ITS GOT A MASS NEARLY 4 TIMES GREATER THAN OUR SUN!!!!

What part about that do you not understand?

Ur mom has a mass nearly 4 times the sun.

The question didn't say it sat in your living room. It asked if it was possible. The answer is yes. Even if unlikely.

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

Just when I thought autists in this thread couldn’t get any dumber.

>tells people to learn physics
>clearly doesn’t understand physics

Go on then. How did you assume the question?

No. It’s not possible for a black hole to exist in hour solar system without us knowing. You dumb ass little shit. Now get back to flipping burgers, or bagging groceries, or whatever mundane shit you do for a living.

this guy is amazing

Nigga u have no idea what I do nor wtf ur talking about.

Now please. Go watch that nigger who thinks he's a physics guy.

No point. I already waste too much time trying to explain shit to layman’s like you. If you don’t get it by now, then you’re not going to. I’m going to bed. Lol

Says the NEET on Sup Forums.

You’re literally claiming a black hole with a mass greater than our sun could exist within our solar system, secretly.

Whatever you do for a living, it clearly doesn’t take a lot of thought process. Because you are fuuccckkkkking stupid as hell! Lmao

A singularity can exist, for a time. That doesn't make it threatening in the general sense.

Given enough gravitational pull (e.g being fed matter over time) it could become a problem. Now with that out of the way; one could physically exist within our solar system but that doesn't mean it would long enough to pose a threat.

Well played OP, you've rustled this threads jimmies and as usual all the psuedo scientists have come out of the woodwork

>inb4 giant theoretical cosmic entities bigger than the sun collapse our solar system

K. Like they find them all the time. Like one could skim past the solar shell which is fucking massive.

Sure mang.

Ugh, ok. Whatever you got to tell yourself so you don’t have to accept the fact of how worthless and stupid you are.

The only black holes that could exist in our solar system are theoretical micro blackholes that exist only for a fraction of a second during high energy collisions.

For any stellar mass black hole or higher, it would be incredibly incredibly obvious. All the planets would be drawn into a complex orbit around the sun and it, and our sun and it would be orbiting around their center of mass.

Since we orbit around our sun only, in a smooth elliptical fashion, and we aren't in a figure 8 around the sun and some invisible object, then it's not possible there is a stellar mass black hole in our solar system.

It also isn't possible that a stellar mass black hole is near our sun, orbiting with it very tightly, because the sun doesn't wobble from our perspective, and our orbit only accounts for the mass of the sun and not the sun + something 3 times its mass or higher.

It isn't impossible that a tiny black hole could whiz through our solar system from somewhere else, but for it to not affect anything, it would have to be so fast that it isn't really in our solar system.

That's what I said.

But if this
Is OP it is a good troll.

WRONG

Stupid trolls and their one word answers. Here's a couple sentences to feed ya.

Someone seems butthurt

Even dubs can't save you

Actual phycisist here,
Pass me the mic, lets debunk some stuff.
>Black holes in the solar system
Not true. Else youd be ded.
>black holes in the center of galaxies
Absolutely, were currently checking if this is a general thing or if some galaxies have different structures in their cores.
>micro black holes at the lhc????
Still none observed, Wikipedia says they COULD be measured at the LHC (which is different from ACTUALLY producing them, look at feynman ghost particles), but ONLY if the universe has extra spatial dimensions , of which no proof has yet to have been found.
>10^(-27) naturally and spontaneously popping in and out existence blqck holes.
Thats bull, as it is a statement about Heisenberg's principle of quantum mechanics, which does not include gravity and is invalid in cases involving energies about the Planck scale, the energy to make a point-sized black hole. It is bullshit.

Well, the Empire doesn't consider a small one-man fighter to be any threat, or they'd have a tighter defense. An analysis of the plans provided by Princess Leia has demonstrated a weakness in the battle station. But the approach will not be easy. You are required to maneuver straight down this trench and skim the surface to this point. The target area is only two meters wide. It's a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port. The shaft leads directly to the reactor system. A precise hit will start a chain reaction which should destroy the station. Only a precise hit will set off a chain reaction. The shaft is ray-shielded, so you'll have to use proton torpedoes.

>Not true. Else youd be ded.
An established black hole yes, but a singularity does not have to be an established entity. If it were large and stable enough to be measured we'd surely die. This isn't what I was disputing.

>Absolutely, were currently checking if this is a general thing or if some galaxies have different structures in their cores.
Anyone that thinks that there isn't some sort of singularity holding together the composition and polarization of a galaxy is a fucking moron.

>Still none observed, Wikipedia says they COULD be measured at the LHC (which is different from ACTUALLY producing them, look at feynman ghost particles), but ONLY if the universe has extra spatial dimensions , of which no proof has yet to have been found.
Reproduced conditions have been speculative of the possibility, I have never once stated that CERN is creating black holes at the LHC. That being said, any possible production wouldn't have a stable enough environment to retain it's form. This part of your debunking is probably the only merited piece you've written, the rest is common sense or as it seems in this thread. Not so common.

>Thats bull, as it is a statement about Heisenberg's principle of quantum mechanics, which does not include gravity and is invalid in cases involving energies about the Planck scale, the energy to make a point-sized black hole. It is bullshit.
No shit things don't happen for no reason. It's all cause and effect, if this weren't the case then all of this would make no difference and anyone's point would be valid.

Let me make a comment; on the stability of micro black holes, it is not yet known if they are stable. I.e. a black hole produced at a super-LHC could remain without evaporating, the thought behind it being that the process would permanently destroy information, in opposition to the current axiom of physics. It is the problem which Hawking declared to have found a solution for (look at Hairy theorems), but it was controversial. Because of that we have had a recent rise in papers about primordial black holes; tiny, stable black holes which would have evaporated down to a point size, created back at the of the formation of the CMB/Cosmic Microwave Background. Theoretically those are also measureable at the LHC depending on the model, but so far the reports for those are also negative.