Whiskey/Scotch/Bourbon thread. Show me what you're drinking or what you recommend

Whiskey/Scotch/Bourbon thread. Show me what you're drinking or what you recommend.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=spvpK1S2J7c&user=WhiskyAnthology
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Right now drinking budlight

What I'd recommend? Well a lot depending what kind of alcohol you are looking for. For beer I'd recommend Red Trolley

Anyone have reviews for this? Thought about trying it.

cheap but effective

captain Morgan and cherry coke

like shit with flavor

ew, caps goes way better with vanilla cokk tbqh

For men only

nice dubs and yes, this is a solid choice

had the honor of a blue label one time. Me and the gents were celebrating an elders birthday, we killed the whole $200 bottle

also proper dubs for proper gents.

>they don't make 12year anymore :(

Still decent for cheap whiskey though

I tried virgina black the other day and it was very smooth, had it over ice but could have drank it neat.

i can dig it

A man after my own heart.

I am currently drinking Chivas, Safe to say, it taste's like horse piss. I don't recommend it.

Get Jack Daniel's instead.

Hey pewds, enjoy your whisky

$26 a bottle. Solid as fuck for that price. My go to drink every week

it's aite. kind of a metallic taste

Dont bother... I'd take a cheap single malt over blue label.

>had the honor

for a blend, monkey shoulder is great

for bourbon 4 roses and eagle rare is great for the price

jim beam's rye is still uncontested for best cheap rye

>cheap single malt over a blend

ok.

no.

2.nd that monkey shoulder!

Evan Williams.. would not recommend. I bought it cuz it was cheap

single malt is better, sure, but what a simplistic view you have of whiskey

Jameson

drinking ardbeg 10
kinda smokey aromatic islay scotch
costs around 45€ where i live
definitly worth it

dis, maing

knob sucks

don't get me wrong; i've taken a dip in the creek before. and it's what got me into good bourbon.

but still. you can do better baby

I'm not a big whiskey drinker but this Irish whiskeys is very smooth.

Dickel Barrel Select is the best Tennessee Whisy I've ever had.

I really like Blanton's. It's very good bourbon, but never available in large quantities - meaning price can fluctuate.

The liquor store near my place only gets like 10 bottles a month - I'll only be able to pick up maybe 1 or 2 before they're gone.

my man, good shit

powers is garbage irish whiskey. get up on that green spot/middleton rare. teeling's gets an honorable mention

Sounds like prohibition, I'm a britbong, I'll see if I can find that over here

This

This shit

It's just produced in smaller quantities. If you like bourbon, give it a look.

I've seen prices from $60-80

i don't think it sucks either. it might not be what you like, but knob creek sure don't suck.

Slightly harsh on powers whiskey, however I'll give both your suggestions a try.

Way too smokey for me. I like a more "herbal" taste. It's like they dumped a bottle of liquid smoke in every bottle.

Although it went fucking awesome with my steak.

suntory rules. hibiki 12 is so good with one rock

the japanese are giving the western world a run for their money in whiskey

To be honest I'd buy it just for the bottle alone.

Ganster

knob is too sweet and too harsh

it lacks subtlety in a serious way

What do you think about Redbreast? Got the 12 year old, haven´t opened it yet

btw this was the first small batch boutique bourbon

let's all be grateful for what buffalo trace did

Lol yea. The bottle is fucking cool, too.

But the bourbon that comes with it is bretty gud

I thought it would be too, I don't like Double Black label, but something about Lagavulin and me just work. Love it when a waitress brings over a glass and can't believe how peaty it smells.

redbreast is great! fantastic stuff

no rocks needed- that shit is smooth as butter

I like knob creek too.

knob is for tossers

My go to

Very nice

This is true, at the last Whisky/Scotch fest I went to, the line for the Hibiki booth, IIRC, was 40+ people long

Nice, thank you both
Also I only drink cheap blended Whisk(e)y on the rocks, shouldn´t do that with the better stuff

Ghost Owl for myself. Northwest made. Strong bite, but goes down smooth.

rightfully so

also, nice dubs

i'm a neat freak but there is an argument to be had for one rock in your drink

also those are both me and, also, drunk

im drinking gin, best kind of whisky
(i'd actually much prefer a nice whiskey)

Highland Park 12

cheers, should have added that the line was consistent for most of the five hours, while most others were 10ish tops and sporadic

Bowmore 12 is my current favorite. It all depends on your personal taste. I like a light smokiness in my whisky but not too smoked to Lagavulin levels. I also don't fancy it swinging too sweetly. Therefore my preferred whisky is a high quality balance of smoke & sweetness/vanilla.

Sour mash

Wish I had some Woodford. Just ran out.

Drinking some Knob Creek as a night cap

I don't like vanilla... never can find a whiskey I like

garbage incarnate

God damn I find all Bourbons to be fucking trash for taste. Perhaps this is reflected in their extremely low price? Or perhaps just because its more local to me? Either way most bourbons are very cheap and it feels like its liquor meant to be slammed.

But I cannot bash it too much because I'm Canadian and Canadian whiskies are absolutely total trash.

you are a lost child, and boy do i pity you

Try Laphroaig

Whats your favourite Bowmore

This is THE BEST bourbon I've ever tried. I'm certainly not ballin enough to shell out 2-5 benjamins for a bottle but fuck. I don't usually even like American whisky but ... I mean. I've tried the crazy expensive stuff before, wasn't super impressed. 12 years is plenty of age for my palate, and I'm pleb enough that I prefer Irish over Scotch but this stuff blew my mind straight out. 134 proof and sipping it neat was goddamned transcendental. That one pour lasted me 2 hours because I was savoring it so hard.

I'll do that, thanks!

The only scotch/whisky that I drink. Might buy a bottle at lunch.

guess how many hotwheels i have in my ass right now and ill finish my fifth

It has outstanding reviews over here, it costs about £65, I heard it from you first: thanks my man.

angel's envy is too sweet but great in an old fashion

you can do better, brother

Standard black is ok, bouble black tastes like stale liquorice.

The 12 year. I've had the 15 year sherry cask, and the 18 year.

The 15 year has a new finish with the sherry.

The 18 years is heavier flavors and almost too much for my palette to handle.

The 12 year I find is a lighter scotch that balances smoke and the other flavors nicely. I don't like it when the sweetness or smoke overpowers everything else.

Balentines
not the best one out there, but its not that bad for its price.

"The Famous Grouse"
10/10 name

but have you tried the cask strength?

I dislike their standard offerings unless in a cocktail like you said but still, that stuff lived up to its name.

I was a bartender at a hipster whisky bar for a few years, I like to think I know the products better than your average joe. Just sayin.

I'm absolutely shocked Maker's Mark hasn't been suggested by anyone yet. Definitely the brand I go for. Any day.

never had the cask proof- i bet it was great

bartender here too; i trust your judgement implicitly and im sure it was wonderful. there are, though, better whiskey's that have been aged in port barrels

also, just better whiskeys have been made

maker's sucks and so do you

Got this as a housewarming gift recently. If you're not a fan of peat or medicinal, I don't think there's much better you can get for under £100

What's the one that stole your heart? I'll try to keep an eye out in the future.

fucking blue bloods

barton's is that shit

Black is pretty decent, and double black is sweeter in taste (same taste but with with "alcohol burn" less present) ...

Anyway, not the best clearly, but good choice with a raisonable price ...

I know I've tried it, might not have given it the attention it deserved. I'll give it another go around sometime.

I recently bought Scapa 16yo à something like 40$ in duty free and it is pretty good too ...

a sweet salty taste ... I love it ...

cheers for the info

and a good/funny video for newbies to the whisky/scotch drink
youtube.com/watch?v=spvpK1S2J7c&user=WhiskyAnthology

bet

you got a suggestion for me? i don't want to leave this shitty thread empty handed

Noah’s Mill is pretty great if you like big rye stuff. (I do.) If you don't, ice it a bit or mix up a sazerac. Nice and spicy and a little sweet but not overdone.

Karl Strauss is amazing, and their brewery has some of the best food I’ve ever tasted.

thanks, brother. i hope you have a good night.

btw if you want a fun scotch drink, make a blood and sand without orange juice and sub in orange bitters with an orange peel.

shit's delicious

love you bb

sounds awesome actually, good tip

you have a good night as well