What do you think of Gary Numan?

What do you think of Gary Numan?

His albums since Sacrifice are better than the '80s albums he is known for. Though The Pleasure Principle and Telekon are still great.

Literally autistic

80s synthesizer pop master

one of the few 80s acts whose modern output is actually better than when they were young along with Swans and Killing Joke

Bracing for Savage being bad. I've heard like 7 songs from it now and it was all underwhelming except for My Name Is Ruin

A robot God.

Saw the What's In My Bag with him, he seemed like a genuinely nice person.

Th Pleasure Principle is one of my favorite albums ever. Really want to listen to his later stuff.

i like Replicas and Pleasure Principle but his voice grates on me desu

Poor man's John Foxx

>Swans' modern output is better than they were young
Not even close. Their streak of albums from Holy Money to Soundtracks for the Blind are unbeatable.

Do it. Dead son onwards is a great streak. Its very different to what he used to do though, its full on industrial rock, but seriously amazing

He stops being like John Foxx by Sacrifice.

Numa Numa was pretty good

Watched his new video last night. Was surprised. Actually a decent track. I hope he makes a massive comeback. If any musician deserves that, it's Gary Numan.

He made a damn good comeback in the '90s after so many shitty records in the '80s since I, Assassin.

3 very good album (Replicas, Pleasure Principle, Telekon). don't know much about the rest.

Try Pure.

his cult following fascinates me

Actual robot.
Iconic 80s sound.

His early albums are really good.

His new shit is so bad. I'm all for musicians evolving, but he took a few steps back and sounds absolutely generic.

I was excited to hear what he's doing now, but was completely disappointed with that walking through the desert video

Cars was one of the 3 or 4 songs me and my friends would blast repeatedly in the car driving around during high school. That song never gets old to me.