Rocky marciano

Without question its Ivan Drago

Pic related

Lmao

Rocky Marciano
Sugar Ray Robinson
Mike Tyson
Mickey Ward
I can't think of that other dudes name but he was a boxer in the late 90s and 2000s.. black, and was a "rapper" too. embarrassed I can't think of his name tbh

Fuckin' Tyson man!

but what about Apollo Creed?

L.L Cool Jay

>>don't call it a comeback!

Roy Jones Jr?

Lil Mac

lol
yep that's it. thanks user

good post

Maple Trees

Sugar ray Robinson wins if you talking overall boxing just looking up the statistics no one comes close to him

Muhammad Ali

i met Joe Frazier when i boxed at Joe Fraziers gym. super nice guy. damn shame smart phones and digital cameras didnt exist back then, could have had my picture taken with him

On what basis, OP?

Fight record or entertainment value?

Fight records can be padded with tomato cans to make you look great. Case in point - Jimmy Lange (mediocre journeyman who looks really good because he fought shitty boxers his entire career).

Even Marciano is suspect because his career was built between Joe Louis and the rise of Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Liston etc. His wins were against old opponents in their decline. Don't get me wrong, he was good. But his professional record isn't what people make it out to be.

Roy Jones Jr. was amazing, but his abilities were purely genetic/athletic. Once he aged a little bit and his reflexes waned, he went to total shit.

So it can all differ. I personally love the story of Smokin' Joe. He rose from a dirt poor sharecropper family to beating Ali. He sustained years of abuse from Ali for being an 'Uncle Tom', when Frazier had more of a claim to authentic Blackness than Ali ever did. So I definitely have a soft spot for Frazier.

>youtube.com/watch?v=SXZBEFrg7Mg

Plus, he was an incredible pressure fighter with the greatest left-hook of all time.

But, I reserve my adulation for Roberto Duran, who dominated multiple weight classes for over 4 decades. Simply the greatest.

>youtube.com/watch?v=O0g8-KVp06s&t=147s

Yea, I'm obsessed with boxing.

Honestly, i believe if WW2 didnt happen, Max Schmeling would be remember for more than knocking Joe Lewis out

>no hollyfield
>no casius clay
>no mayweather
>no lennox luis
you people are dumb. being entertaining to watch and winning are two different things

Muhammad Ali *

found Teddy Atlas

Serious contenders for the mantle of p4p GOAT:
Joe Louis
Sugar Ray Robinson
Bernard Hopkins

Overrated as fuck:
Muhammad Ali (really lost all three fights to Ken Norton)
Mike Tyson (reigned during very weak era of heavyweight division; thoroughly exposed by Holyfield)
Roy Jones Jr. (astonishing athlete, mediocre technical boxer)

Fuck Ali
Earnie Shavers was better and hit harder. Even ali said he was the strongest guy he ever fought.
youtube.com/watch?v=E8gy5L6Ujuw

he was past his prime and a stupid faggot by then, fuck muhammad ali, he sucked donkey balls
cassius clay was GOAT

what do you all think of joe calzaghe?

>Yea, I'm obsessed with boxing.
Hi. I'm .

Let's have a meaningless argument over Ali's greatness (he seems to be a bit of a sacred cow). Most serious boxing fans feel it's their duty to defend him at all costs.

lol why am I Teddy Atlas?

hi, I really like pre-ban/prison Ali. He was fast and evasive, and had that outboxer style I really like. After getting out, he was too slow and took a lot of punishment.

TBH, arguments about the GOAT are kinda useless

you're teddy cuz I read your post in his. voice.

Butterbean

underrated

JCC

>found the mexican

I like JCC, but his record was mostly cab drivers in mexico

who's jcc

My mom.

Mr. Canadia

julio cesar chavez