Why does US healthcare suck so much despite the government spending so much money on it?

Why does US healthcare suck so much despite the government spending so much money on it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_system#International_comparisons
who.int/countries/swe/en/
who.int/countries/usa/en/
who.int/countries/bra/en/
huffingtonpost.com/entry/lead-pipes-everywhere_us_56a8e916e4b0f71799288f54
usnews.com/news/best-countries/articles/2016-08-03/canadians-increasingly-come-to-us-for-health-care
factcheck.org/2007/12/comparing-health-care-in-canada-to-the-us/
motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/fact-checking-trump-are-canadians-swarming-the-border-to-get-better-healthcare
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck off Sven.

>310 million population or so
>why is your healthcare so expensive if its bad XDD

the US having a bad healthcare system is a meme

It actually isn't
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_system#International_comparisons
Even if you can afford the healthcare, its still worse than pretty much all other western countries

Excellent post

>be american
>get shot
>go to hospital
>get shot
>sorry you don't have enough money
>get shot
>get shot
>get shot
>die
>get shot

GO A MAKEA ME A MORA SPAGHETTI

i dont know a single fucking thing about healthcare in this country

We have the highest rates of cancer survivorship in the world.

Because most people in the US have terrible health habits and subsidizing healthcare on those miscreants using the money of the middle class isn't actually a good solution.

There is nothing wrong with our healthcare system, all is working as intended.

t. UHG employee

As a percentage of gdp..

Do you honestly think the Swedish healthcare system is some kind of mind-blowing achievement? You're just dull culture vultures, nothing more.

The US leads the planet in medical innovations. You don't hear of many new heart operation procedures or drugs coming out of Venezuela, do you?

It feels pretty good to have free healthcare in case i get shot desu

Yes, it's a shame that system isn't unique to nor did it even originate in Sweden otherwise Americans might have to take your inane thoughts more seriously.

>"it really isn't great"
>UAAHHH AND YOURS IS SO MUCH BETTER HUH FAG

5 dollars americana has been deposited to your bank account.

>free
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.jpg

>Sweden
Life expectancy at birth m/f (years, 2015) 81/84
Probability of dying between 15 and 60 years m/f (per 1 000 population, 2015) 64/42
Total expenditure on health per capita (Intl $, 2014) 5,219
who.int/countries/swe/en/

>USA
Life expectancy at birth m/f (years, 2015) 77/82
Probability of dying between 15 and 60 years m/f (per 1 000 population, 2015) 128/77
Total expenditure on health per capita (Intl $, 2014) 9,403
who.int/countries/usa/en/

And even if Sweden's healthcare system was worse, at least it only costs them half as much.

>US medicine industry
>not just reinventing the wheel over and over again and rebranding it as new when patents get old

I'm pretty sure Venezuelan medicine innovations are on average more important

>I'm pretty sure Venezuelan medicine innovations are on average more important

>list of Venezuelan medical innovations
404 not found.

did you mean "leads the world in patents"?

>2017
>still using homogenous white countries (or well, were homogenous white countries 20 years ago but I'll let that go) with

>be american child
>get shot
>get autism
>be american adult
>get shot
>get dead
It's a vicious cycle.

Well, I stand corrected. Good job on beating 3rd world country.

Ok, let's take a non-white country of about 60 millions, namely Italy
>Life expectancy at birth m/f (years, 2015) 80/85
>Probability of dying between 15 and 60 years m/f (per 1 000 population, 2015) 70/42
>Total expenditure on health per capita (Intl $, 2014) 3,239
Happy?

>go to hospital in Sweden
>the waiting room is choked with hundreds of Somalis who all get treated ahead of me because we don't want to be wacist
>die

It doesn't matter, the Swedish input on the American healthcare system is completely inane and meaningless. It's a country of 9 million homogeneous Swedes who managed to duplicate the same bland welfare system as the rest of the social democrats in West Europe. They have nothing to offer a country three times the size of Europe of 300+ million where a taxpaying middle class pays for a feckless underclass almost twice as large as the entirety of Scandinavia put together.

If we just got rid of the cheap, subsidized fat and sugar, it would go a long way to curbing obesity-related illnesses.

found the gommie

>China
>Total population (2015) 1,400,000,000
>Life expectancy at birth m/f (years, 2015) 75/78
>Probability of dying between 15 and 60 years m/f (per 1 000 population, 2015) 98/71
>Total expenditure on health per capita (Intl $, 2014) 731

Republicucks. That's why.

>USA worse at health than fucking China
Jesus Christ

Damn, he's not even trying anymore.

It's estimated that 40% of China will die of cancer in the next 40 years.

>Why, no. You can't just upscale a social system to fit different sizing countries. American are just too large for swedish healthcare, the scales alone would cost a fortune.

>You can't just upscale a social system to fit different sizing countries

Resources are finite though.

Pretty much, sorry if that's too difficult to wrap your mind around.

Damn, he's not even trying anymore.

It's estimated that 40% of USA will die of diabetes/cardiovascular illness/other obesity related problems in the next 40 years.

Anyway, this is the SJW Russiaboo Finn who has also obtained an Italy proxy, I can see. One of Sup Forums's more infamous trolls.

Hospitals make more money that way

It's all a business, folks

Even fucking Brazil, a third-world country filled with 200 million slum-monkeys is doing only slightly worse than the US on a fraction of the budget:
who.int/countries/bra/en/

You forget the lead in houses and drinking water.
Good post.
Rangeban worthy post.

You don't want to use a Brazilian hospital, you really don't. Their public health system is used strictly by favela monkeys and all of the upper class use private doctors.

>You forget the lead in houses and drinking water

I'm pretty sure lead pipes have banned since the 1950s.

huffingtonpost.com/entry/lead-pipes-everywhere_us_56a8e916e4b0f71799288f54

Still better healthcare than US.

Wew. Going for the goold old "it's this one guy with a proxy" -argument? I expected better from you, David.

Actually a lot of municipalities started banning them as early as the 1920s.

It really isn't if I need surgery even for something minor I don't have to go through a circus and get a date in a short amount of time. Our ERs are bad because illegals and uninsured people go there for everything and then skip out on their bills making it more expensive and with long wait times. Our surgeons are also send of the best in the world.

Most of them are nonwhites so it'll work out

That's due to shitty health decision s by people not healthcare. Remember the whole Amerifats?

That's true. Blacks have the highest obesity rates in the country on average.

You are proud of having cancer young ?

retard

See again

Our cancer rates are similar to the rest of the western world.

health insurance monopolies and obamacare blowing up the prices

>I don't know what per capita means

>Poor
>On medicaid and get $12000+ of treatment per year and don't pay a cent

Thanks, taxpayer cucks

>Being sick
No one here envies the make a wish kids.

no it's not, it's estimated China won't have smog in 10 years. where was the smog for the Beijing olympics? they shut down the coal factories for 2 days and it disappeared.

>In other countries people die of old age waiting in line for life-saving surgeries, also ER system is ruined by uninsured people which shows the superiority of our healthcare system
this is what americans actually believe

>they shut down the coal factories for 2 days
Well yeah, there were a lot of foreign visitors. Once they were all gone, insta-smog.

>it's estimated China won't have smog in 10 years

CCP propaganda releases are not a valid source of information.

Are you dumb? That's exactly what he said. London also had a smog problem, the Rhine was a sewage river for a good time

Britain is not a one party dictatorship that believes in development at all costs.

Let me clear it up

>Acute medicine
Go to America, if you have a bullet wound, require a surgery, or have a cancer, America is usually your best bet

>Healthcare
Go to another industrialised country like Canada, Australia, Japan, France, etc. For comprehensive and preventative care with long life expectancies and low rates of disease these countries ate much better than America.

>Cost
Canada for example pays equal or less in taxes than America at almost every level, has a longer life expectancy by years, and pays a lot lower percentage of taxes towards healthcare. It's just cheaper using the universal healthcare model

>Canada for example pays equal or less in taxes than America at almost every level, has a longer life expectancy by years, and pays a lot lower percentage of taxes towards healthcare

Right, because you have 33 million white people (well, maybe not so much Vancouver).

>have great health insurance
>get vastly better healthcare than Sweden
hm

No, because we are incentivised toward a healthier lifestyle.
Your country liyerally attacked Michelle Obama for trying to put healthy and affordable food options in kid's schools while removing excessively harmful "food and drink."
I just can't imagine another country on earth attacking someone for a healthy kids initiative. It's something everyone an get behind when you have universal healthcare, because it's both progressive and fiscally sound.

Part of the reason why the US healthcare system is so expensive is that unlike the rest of the world, we pay full price for new drugs which our pharma companies invent/discover.

Because most European countries have some sort of centralized healthcare system, they can demand that the US drug company lowers the drug price or else the country will not give the drug a patent/legal protection.

The doctors in the US also get paid more than doctors anywhere in the world. This increases the price of healthcare, however this also means the better doctors of the world want to work in the US because they would be paid more.

In conclusion because the US pays more for healthcare, the rest of the world takes advantage of the US with respect to healthcare.

Fuck off Sven.

>Your country liyerally attacked Michelle Obama for trying to put healthy and affordable food options in kid's schools
People would have taken her more seriously if she weren't seen eating ice cream and fried chicken dozens of times.

Our doctors and hospitals are top notch. If you'd like to make this about universal healthcare as the author of this wiki has done, so be it.

Or if Obama and George Soros weren't behind all of those legalized pot initiatives. You deserve to go to jail for giving your child an ice cream, but letting him have a joint? Oh that's cool. No problem.

t. American cuckold

I drink beer, drive cars, and vote sometimes. Doesn't mean I encourage kids to do so.

(News just said their was a mass murder car attack in Times Square btw)

Other countries would praise you more if you didn't exploit the shit out of them.

You can't get shot in Sweden because guns are banned.

Sum of many things.

>But
American general health has rapidly dimished due to high sugar and fast food diet.

So things would work out fine in the US if all the doctors and pharma companies weren't fucking jews? Better get to work then.

Yep. If you're Swedish and Somalis break into your home and rape your wife and daughters, you just have to sit there and go "Oh well, I'm a privileged white male. I deserve this."

You should go back to

and take your cuckold fetish with you.

>I don't know what percentages mean XDD

fucking mongrel gb2reddit

Good post

You do understand that more people to provide healthcare for also means more tax dollars to pay for it right?
I really don't understand this argument

>%

>>In other countries people die of old age waiting in line for life-saving surgeries,
Way to change the qoute jack ass. I never said they died but Id prefer not to suffer through kidney stones when I don't have to. The ER thing is 100% true too but tell me about my country.

You do realize that only works if you don't have tons of minorities who are a drain on the system right?

Hey, not our fault the American dream was killed over a decade ago.

I had a kidney stone a couple months back. It was treated instantly. I got an IV and Rx with fluids, steroids, painkillers, and flomax (to increase urination), an ultrasound, and a urinalysis, then a pee screen, plastic pan, and sample cup to save the stone, all within a couple of hours. Plus a follow up from the regional hospital and the option to bring the stone in and have it tested so as to help prevent additional stones.

All I paid for was the take-home prescriptions. Maybe $50 for all 3

usnews.com/news/best-countries/articles/2016-08-03/canadians-increasingly-come-to-us-for-health-care

factcheck.org/2007/12/comparing-health-care-in-canada-to-the-us/

Only 1% of Americans recieve cash welfare. The vast majority of "welfare" recipients are old people on medicaide, which is unnecessary if you have universal healthcare. You also have a 4.7% unemployment rate

Meanwhile Canada has cash welfare rates as high as 5.7%. Canada has a 5.5% unemployment rate (if using the American scale system)

Clearly minorities draining the system aren't a barrier to effective universal healthcare.

>(News just said their was a mass murder car attack in Times Square btw)

No they think it was an accident and only one person is dead. The car in question Isa red sedan not a Polish Assault Truck and the driver has a history of drunk driving.

Did you even read the 2nd one? Also, try getting more up to date information, and don't forget the 750,000 Americans who travel abroad for healthcare. Or the fact that the vast majority of "medical tourism" from Canada to the US is non-emergency or elective, and still represents less than half a percent.

motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/fact-checking-trump-are-canadians-swarming-the-border-to-get-better-healthcare

Yeah, that came out later. That guy is fucked, I doubt he'll ever get out of prison.

Sorry. I just don't want to spend any money on minorities

Try reading the thread, that's our point. You already are, and you're paying a much higher percentage of your tax dollars towards it than we are.

>Spending twice as much as the UK on healthcare by % GDP
What is it per capita? I didn't know the yanks were getting this fucked on healthcare lmao

>guns are banned
Uhhh....