Why are airports so retarded that they don’t build thread mills to save space

why are airports so retarded that they don’t build thread mills to save space

lift

A thread mill probably wouldn't help much inside an airport.

>thread mills

lift is created by air moving around the wings

really???

Because all the fat fucks might get triggered.

Simple

Energy and maintenance costs

It would take a lot of energy to power it, plus you'd have to pay people money to keep it running smoothly

Taking up a few more acres of land is more cost effective than a treadmill

then install huge fans

Do you think a plane would be able to take off from a treadmill? L m a o

an A380 could land on your moms ass

The wheels aren't powered so it would just add rolling friction

And how would it fly away, in any other direction than into the fan? As soon as it leaves the air stream created by the fan it wouldn't have enough air speed to go anywhere

Do you think a plane would be able to take off from a treadmill?

>Being this stupid

The engine's power goes to the jets, not the wheels.

>what are the engines for
it's not a paper plane dipshit

LOL

Mythbusters did it, it basically works like the treadmill weren't there and the plane moves fine. It doesn't take off in place

ah, the old "plane on a treadmill" tactic, nice try jew, but i'm not falling for it

Why don’t treadmills drive on planes?

No shit

The whole plane moves, or just the wheels?

>install treadmill for planes
>needs lift to take off
>what to do
>install a massive fan in front of it
>its go time
>plane generates lift from airflow
>stays in the same position
>actually takes off
>no forward motion so it just hangs there at first
>plane begins to move forward slowly after take off as jet engines accelerate
>wait its not moving fast enough
>leaves range of fan
>suddenly not enough airflow to generate lift
>plane plummets to the ground and kills everyone on board

Congratulations, you just invented the world's most autistic airline disaster

the thrust moves the plane in the forward direction regardless of rearward force the tread mill puts on it.

If the plane went full power while sitting still with the tread moving backwards it would start moving forward (relatively) until it out sped the rearward speed of the tread mill and then on.

If you get what I'm saying.

The only rear problem is disturbed airflow into the inlet of the engines which might cause compressor stall.

The whole plane moves and the wheels just spin faster

Why is everyone assumes the treadmill is going backwards?

where does the airflow come from faggot

or is a still breeze supposed to be enough to lift a 500 ton metal behemoth

And those big ass handles too, those would get in the way.

There doesn’t even need to be a treadmill. You only need a headwind velocity that produces enough lift to counteract the weight of the plane. That’s why During heavy storms, some parked single prop planes just “take off” vertically. All you need is the velocity. The engines produce thrust yes, for forward velocity, but the altitude or take off simply requires the correct velocity over the airfoil.

>this guy flies

Wouldn't a small plane get rekt if it tried to fly in a storm like that?

What Airflow are you referring to?

Ram airflow or something else?

If you mean the disturbed airflow around the engines that woudl be the airflow when the aircraft is sitting still moving back wards with the trad mill.

the winglets?

exactly

obviously if the wind speed was enough to generate lift, imagine flying into that same storm where random wind gusts have enough force to generate lift on any side of the airfoil

you gon crash

How would you achieve compressor stall in that condition? M>3 induces compressor stall no? Wouldn’t the plane be traveling the same speed as always M~o.85?

Hahahahaha, you really think this would work

If you are sitting on a treadmill and its moving you backwards. You have airflow coming aft to forward, there is no ram air entering the engine, exactly the opposite is happening. hence disturbed airflow.

Its like using reverse thrust when you are sitting still.

Think about it. When you run on a treadmill you dont feel the air rushing past you. The very same thing is essentially what makes them fly.

I guess I should have asked - what velocity is the treadmill moving the plane backwards? Assuming the engines are producing ~ 300 kN thrust when the treadmill is running, they would surely create enough of a pressure differential to sustain operation, and essentially take off as if the treadmill was stationary

Thats because you are using your feet to propel you at the same pace the treadmill is trying to send you back. The keyword is feet, the engines arent feet, the tires are. The engines are fans disconnected from the treadmill, they SIGNIFICANTLY out power the treadmill.

regardless of how fast the treadmill is moving backwards the aircraft VIA Jet reaction will move forwards.

People get cofused about this from sheer ignorance, they think in terms of cars (torque/wheels).

This is not that.

Trust me I understand aircraft propulsion. I’m talking from an engine operation stand...you say a velocity flow of (let’s say 160 mph) into the nozzle of a running turbofan will stall the compressor? I highly doubt that.

we are talking about airflow coming from exhuast to intake. remember, initially the airplane is sitting still on the treadmill, which is moving the plane at a certain speed backwards, the airflow isnt coming into the intake its coming from the back so a certain pressure lower than stage 1 pressure ( ambient static pressure).

understand now?

By going full power in that situation you run the risk of cause compressor stall all the way until the aircraft starts moving forward faster than the treadmill can move it backwards when it will finally start getting the ram air effect into the inlet.

He means when an airplane takes off u fucktard

I think I’m following you. So the reingestion of the hot turbulent air from the nozzle causes the improper pressure ratio, breaking the operational envelope and leading to stall