Can the self harmers out there explain to me why you do it and how it "makes you feel better?"

Can the self harmers out there explain to me why you do it and how it "makes you feel better?"

I'm honestly just curious. Most answers I get are cliché so i'm hoping someone can actually describe why/how...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=de_b7k9kQp0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They can’t feel anything because they are dead inside an stabbing yourselfe makes you feel at least something

Honestly man I don't know why. I get really stressed a lot and after I do it just feels like the stress is literally released from me, as if cutting open the skin let the stress out.
I guess part of it is the ritual of it. It's something familiar, something that is always an option. I dunno man.
Don't cut, kids.

I can try. Never cut, but used to constantly think very negatively about myself, would go into these sort of shame spirals where if punch myself in the leg really hard over and over.

I wouldn’t say it made me feel better, but it made me feel somehow in control. Like I’m the one doing this, so it’s ok now. I needed to do something and this was something that mirrored my feelings.

Maybe somebody else could chime in and help out here.

It's a good way to lose weight over time. It's better than going bulimic

I was taking aboutnit to my therapist once, how I thought I was secretly adopted and everybody knew but me and that’s why my extended family hated me, and she said “I bet you understand why people cut themselves.” It was a real moment of insight for me.

The attention from it gets them all hot and bothered

It doesn't feel good or anything, it's just relief from built of "stress" (for lack of a better word).

Used to hang around self harmers and this is basically what they all claimed. Apathy was overrunning them so the pain was something over constant indifference

I'd call you edgy but I'm sure that's a compliment to you. Come outside your bubble and off Sup Forums, and spend some time with some humans for a while. You might grow a sense of empathy

It distracts from the real pain.

If I guess, accurately, that you are between 14-18 of age, would you listen to what advice I have to share?

Its easier to deal with physical pain then emotional pain. Cutting just blocks out ur emotional pain so u don't have to think about it that moment

Science already proved that self harm increases your penis length.

Right, because I'm supposed to empathize with masochist freaks with mental disorders

Seeing the blood pour out is thrilling. And having scars r kinda cool. I dont really know but when i used to do it the more blood the better. It also released endporphins and elevates ur mood.

I am worthless

theres your answer

It's called mental illness.

those scars are not cool tho, those scars tell ppl you are a weak human being..

Wrong they tell ppl that ur a fucking fighter

yes, because fighting yourself is super badass. Fucking pussy

So, first of all, this is coming from someone who has actual mental issues. I can't speak for the normies around here (reeeeeeeee....)
Anyway, when shit is seriously up, it's like really loud music and/or inside my head, pounding and pounding, utterly chaotic. The best I can think to explain it is if you've ever experienced when something terrible has happened to you, or something really bad is about to happen, and it's entirely your fault, and there's nothing you can do about it.
Whatever else is happening around you, that feeling of dread and pain and... whatever is just so much louder, it's hard to act like a vaguely normal person. You can't focus. You can't really do anything.
So self harm? For me, it's like that bit in Major Payne where the guy breaks someone's little finger to distract them from whatever else.
That's what self harm is for me. It's a distraction. It pulls my head out of my ass so I can focus on what's real and what is actually around me rather than the shitstorm going on in my brain.

Whatever u say faggot

Cutting is a behavior exclusively for faggots.

Would totally fuck that tight pussy OP.

>this

Cutting is for two reasons

1) a form of control for people who feel they control nothing about themselves, and therefore self harm is all they can.

2) a form of self loathing, which actually has more to do with the way people see them, rather than the way they see themselves. often cutting places no one will ever see like their thighs or stomach. essentially a cry for help but they dont know what it is they need help with. self harming is created as a problem they do know they need help with but hide it anyway as a giant brain fuck for themselves.

Metal heath fag, cont...
I should probably add that I don't cut. Scars bring attention, and fuck that shit.
Normally I have some staples or something that I use to pierce my arm under long sleeves. That way my hand and arm cover what I'm doing, and I can do that, and no one knows the skullfucking going on.

Wrong. It tells people that you choose to ignore your mental illnesses and not get actual help. Welcome to 2017. We have countless psychiatrists, therapists, counselors, and support groups that are available to you whenever you want. Oh, you can't afford it? Guess what? There are TONS of resources that will provide said services for FREE through your county/state. You have ZERO FUCKING EXCUSES to not get help, so put down the fucking knife and start acting like an adult and take fucking care of yourself.

borderline?

>released endporphins and elevates ur mood

All the other reasons are secondary. The human brain is an endorphin junkie, and does all sort of things to get another taste. Sex, Pain, Gambling, Skydiving... Different people have different ways of getting their high - and for some it's cutting.

i would never cut deep when i did i get a euphoric feeling when i see and feel myself bleed its almost orgasmic

Seeing and feeling the blood running down your arm is calming for me..thats the only reason i do it. I don't go crazy deep either like others do cuz i'm not stupid

Cutting releases serotonin.
They are just addicts and need similar treatment.
It's not that difficult to understand.
Just lab rats pushing the button.
youtube.com/watch?v=de_b7k9kQp0

Anyone who cuts is fucking gay and weak and should bleed out and allow natural selection to take course.

Bipolar, type one.
Generally brought on by manic or mixed episodes.

Seeing and feeling the blood running down your arm is calming for me..thats the only reason i do it. I don't go crazy deep either like others do cuz i'm not an attention whore and if anyone were to ever find out ill probably stop speaking to them

Spot on. That and an overwhelming feeling of being stuck in the same shit constantly for me.
Am better now.

ah, i have borderline and do the exact same thing only reason i asked

It's pretty similar shit.
Ditto for the poor bastards with PTSD.

When pain occurs, either physical or emotional. Endorphins are released in the brain to try and numb the pain. Sort of like a natural painkiller. In a way, self-harming is similar to other self-destructive habits. Like alcoholism, drug addiction, and masturbation addiction. Self-harming helps people deal with the shitty day-to-day of life and it seems retarded to us in the same way drinking seems retarded to people who don't drink. Really not a good habit to have but neither is spending any amount of time on Sup Forums.

it's the dumbest thing I ever did. generally depressed. saw other people doing it saying it made them feel better. all it did was make me feel worse. my mom and dad found out and i didnt want them to know how I was feeling since i didn't want them to worry. my cunt of an ex-girlfriend told my mom. basically i though it would help. all it did was make people worry about me. it got me the help i wanted for my depression but jesus i wish I just asked my mom for a therapy session to help me feel worth something instead of cutting lines into my skin to see if it would make me not so down all the time.

All emotion pain is invisible. Cutting makes it visible. It feels good to make your inner pain visible. Maybe someone will help, probably not, but that's why cutting is so frequently done for attention. This is how bad I feel, someone save me, or, this is how bad I feel, now that I see blood I have confirmation that my inner pain is not fake and I really do feel horrible, despite the protest of young, outspoken morons telling me it's bullshit. Now I can do something about my inner pain.

I remember not being able to control my feelings, though I could control the sensation of cutting. Almost like my excess emotion were draining through the holes in my skin. Of course I have nothing but regret for my actions and have developed unconscious ways of moving so as to not make any scars immediately visible. Don't cut its release in the short term, but long term makes more problems.

Best two answers in the thread, hands down.

yea my old fireteam partner is still dealing with his ptsd ifeel bad for him

It doesn't always have to be cutting, I stopped because it leaves marks and is and doesn't really hurt unless you go deep which is too much prep work for cleaning, and too much post work to lie about it, so i would hit myself very hard. In my mind it was "teaching me a lesson", because I wouldn't want to get hit again. But regardless of the reason, it is a bad habit which should be recognized as such and one should mentally be strong enough to learn new ways to teach themselves how to be better at whatever it is they are doing.

Might be the endorphin, don't know

I use a Wartenberg Wheel as it is the best way to feel pain without actually damaging your body or leaving suspicious shit, I'm not an attention seeking faggot

It just make me feel a lot calmer, serene, and it helps build willpower. Goes well with cold shower

I don't cut because I'm not a pussy, but when you hurt yourself, intentionally or otherwise, endorphins (a feel good chemical in your brain) gets released, in order to take your mind off of the pain. So eventually, you begin to associate cutting with feeling good, making it hard to stop.

This
Most self mutilation is rooted in a fucked up stress response, which is why it is prevalent among physical abuse victims because the only outlet of stress they have been taught is harm

Myself, I do it because, in a non-sexual way, I enjoy it. It's... hard to explain. It's not pleasure, but release.

Don't empathize with them, it's useless. I just figure out how they tick and try to manipulate them for that good puss puss

>Gay story.

>Nice dubs.

Objectively false, good psychiatrists are few and far between, to say nothing of therapists, and most cutters have suffered some sort of physical trauma or abuse, possibly sexual trauma, meaning they have either their abuser breathing down their neck or the stigma of being sexually abused holding them back
>They can't keep themselves together
>Browses Sup Forums
Honestly the hypocrisy is just great

Lmao, I used to bash my head until it knocked me out, probably have like 10 untreated concussions

>Internet Psychopathy

I don't know how it was for others, but during my spirals I would become incredibly numb and my pain tolerance would skyrocket. And when you've become incredibly depressed and anxious for years you get the urge to feel something, anything. So you say fuck it, why not? You don't have much to lose, you can't expect to live for another year. There was nothing left to lose because you had already lost yourself so long ago. What else is there to lose?