How do you guys listen to/analyze music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/szvFmW_oxeY
youtube.com/watch?v=KN2aJpPMd4A
youtube.com/watch?v=LDeKfxQ-1nU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I just listen to it

Hone in on aspects that you really liked and really disliked in a song/album. Throw in buzzwords to support your claim, talk about how the artist's earlier works influenced their newer stuff.

>tfw severe OCD and maybe Asperger's
>constantly worry that I'm listening to music wrong somehow
>constantly stop halfway through albums
>do this with books and movies too
>can never relax so usually just browse Sup Forums to pass the time

Your perception of media and literature is more important than the vision of the creator, it should be specific to you. It's normal to have opinions.

The patrician way of a analyzing music

This.
Only time I analyze music is if I want to learn how to play it on guitar. That goes by first getting a similar tone then finding the key and progressions. Tabs are boring, not saying I never use them, but I learn a lot more by learning a song by ear.

Are you me?

OP here. I have pretty bad add, maybe ocd, and I get panic attacks. Fuck, we're similar.

when it comes to music. Still OP.

Hold me brehs
I just want to be normal and enjoy things

Try talking to other people. I used to be a massive loser but then one of my only friends introduced me to a shit ton of people, and now I'm less of a loser.

but people irl have bad taste in music and they will laugh at you for thinking that music actually has any artistic value

Not about music. Just about things you and the normies can relate to. If you find yourself discussing music just say that your favorite album is okc.

I just listen to an album minimum 3 times, if I like it I'll keep listening to it and if I don't I'll probably stop. If I didn't like it but I found it interesting I'll most likely come back to it to see if it grows on me

OP or someone else give me a song/ youtube link and I'll analyze it. cause I personally don't really know how I do and we'll use this as a test

youtu.be/szvFmW_oxeY

Open sounding 7th chords, bittersweet, uptempo, nice spring reverb tight rhythm section, airy vocals, lackadaisical, nostalgia, mellow, dreamy,
“Lush” guitars, melody is fairly relaxed and pleasant, standard verse/chorus structure, not much development. The female Mac Demarco? Cranberries? consistent volume throughout, buzzy, droney, atmosphere, pop, indie

with a score
if it's popular music, I don't fret the detail stuff. if it sounds good, it sounds good

youtube.com/watch?v=KN2aJpPMd4A

youtube.com/watch?v=LDeKfxQ-1nU

Delay guitar, suspended, major, pulsing, sudden distortion, waves of sound, repeating motif,
atmospheric, bending, layers, wall of guitars, trancelike, out of phase, whammy pedal, loops, 5ths, drone, ritual, static, building

now focus on specific moments that you liked and try and figure out why you like it
or do it with since it's probably easier to do this with a pop song

I can't listen to/watch things I think I would enjoy because my mood not be in perfect sync with what I'm about to enjoy.
You people seem to have sufficient autism, please relate.

I do this too, my backlog gets huge because I'm always sad

Is this really "analysis", or are you just describing the song? Genuine question. Is there even more to analyze?

I "suffer" from the same issues and have my entire life but really, more than anything it's just another manifestation of low self-esteem. That's what all of it is. Not the rest of your issues of course, but this one in particular.