Sup Sup Forumsros

sup Sup Forumsros
just a random question, are any of you on antidepressants?
i just got out of the hospital and im on lexipro and i wanted to know if anyone else is on anything?

Me, my dad, my wife, and her mom have been on antidepressants for a long time.
Out of the two dozen or so meds I've had, Lexapro worked the best. The only down is that it killed my sexdrive, which is important because I'm married.

Good luck.

Currently on cymbalta. Have taken prozac, celexa, effexor, trazadone, remeron, wellbutrin, zoloft, anafranil, and luvox.

Zoloft fag here

wellbutrin

ive heard it can be harder to get erections, you saying its true?

why do you guys change meds after awhile? does it stop working?

in my experience it's more difficult to orgasm and it takes a lot longer to orgasm again. the bright side is i don't have to worry about lasting in bed.

Yeah I’m on Paxil.you have to give it a couple months but it has saved my life. Just buckle down and keep taking it. You will feel happy again I promise.

yeah i had a serious accident (paralyzed now)so ive been down a lot

yeah i had a serious accident (paralyzed now)so ive been down a lot it sucks

I changed meds until I saw a therapeutic benefit for my condition (OCD). Most meds I tried didn't treat my symptoms. Cymbalta and anafranil did. You may have to go through dozens of meds to find the right one. Here is an example... just because your shoe size is 10 and you have a 10 size shoe doesn't mean it will fit most comfortably. you may have to try several different size 10 shoes to find the one that fits best. everyone's neurophysiology is different so it's kinda like throwing darts to find one which affects you most positively.

75mg of zolofoft daily. I feel fantastic

checked

ahhh okay okay that makes a lot of sense, do you see a therapist regularly?

I see a psychiatrist once every three months to check in. I've seen therapists before and it definitively helped. I've been down your road before I'm guessing. It does get better but it takes a while.

Was on Celexa for years, then switched to Lexapro. I don't know if it helps, but I know when I stop taking it for a few days, I feel like dying... Like worse than anything I ever felt before taking either of them.

i think im going to start seeing a therapist, idk i just feel mad all the fucking time

Was on zoloft, gave me the shits. Doc switched me to prozac.

Still hate life but i can atleast make it though work.

I've been on Zoloft before, didnt care for it much.

I take Lexapro now and have been messing with the dosage (currently on 10mg) for the past few months. I don't feel great, but I do feel better.

I stick to the old fashioned stuff. Liquor and sexually abusing my wife in a consensual manner.

the antidepressant should help taper that aggression. takes between 8 and 12 weeks to work. you will probably have to tinker with the dosage too.

Finally getting counselling (basically therapy)
next week, had a lot of shit going on and my mother passed away less than two weeks ago.
I haven't been happy for a long time, never shared it cause I feel like a poof. Maybe I'll finally get help.

im really just scared of having to rely on meds to just be happy...like i want my body to just get it and be happy....

Celexa, Lexapro, Zoloft, Cymbalta, Effexor, Trintellix, Wellbutrin, Elavil, Remeron...

They have all been let downs. Good luck with your withdrawal symptoms once you've taken more than a month.

ive actually been on Lexapro 25mg a while ago and yeah it did stop suicidal thoughts and general depressive moods but it also killed my sex drive, made me into an emotional zombie and also caused me to have a seizure which hospitalized me. Now i know different drugs work for different people, but i made the swap to Valdoxan 25mg which works on different receptors and helps with sleep patterns. its much much better and doesnt kill sex drive.

not gonna happen man. better so swallow your pride and get yourself help than try to do it on your own and fail.

Been getting a steady supply of benzos (oxazepam etc.) for general anxiety and panic attacks, which helped. Seeing my doctor next week about a change because my therapist thinks it might be bipolar rather than just anxiety, so wants me on something mood stabilizing instead.

I'll miss benzos. When you're tense 24/7, being able to just relax for a few hours feels orgasmic.

Fuckin kek

If your not happy now at least be not fucking miserable. Glad i got on meds even if wanking may take a long time. I'm fine with taking for life if it means some less misery.

try lamotrigine

Sertraline (Zoloft) since 2013. Certainly improved my life. Getting anxiety over dumb bitches was my undoing, now I'm in a 2-year relationship and STILL wondering how I pulled this off.

I'd rather deal with people on medication than with those who would rather have YOU taking drugs to deal with them.

Hope your thing works, user. Remember, medication should be a temporary means to reaching permanent solutions.

OP let me say this. IT DOES GET BETTER. Combine healthy living (sleep, diet, exercise) with medication and therapy and you will feel better in a matter of months, if not weeks.

This, also I was a lil drowsy

im really trying :) i think the meds are helping

Good experiences?
I was planning to discuss it with a guy I know who has it way worse than me, but I'd love some input for when I see the doctor.

While I was going through basic diagnosing my doc said that antidepressants are useful for, lacking a better term, getting people back in the right frame of mind.
It should take away the bad shit, then you get back to living a normal life, then you slowly stop taking it and presto - you're fine. Like restarting your computer.

On that note, I've seen a ton of people because I was feeling miserable, and I feel like the priest I talked to about it had a point when he said that you can start identifying yourself based on your pain so much that you don't want to let it go, and that's something I've really taken to heart.
I've no idea if it makes sense or helps, because I'm drunk and don't have work tomorrow, but I hope it's useful.

it lifted me out of my depressive spell in like 4 days

but be careful because it can cause a rash that will kill you

stop. taking them. its all in your head, those are your thoughts and emotions, own them.

I was on Lex for six months but was still cutting despite upping my prescription a bunch. Had some manic swings while I was on it. I went off it and tried to figure out my troubles... I've been off since. I had a weird brain thing happen and was put on Propranolol -- its a blood pressure medicine that also helps anxiety. It's totally great.

paxil was shit killed my sex drive instantly,effexor worked for a year before no sex drive,remeron is crap and makes you sleepy AF..now im on fucking 300 ml wellbrutin and i dont feel any better..probably cuz of my life status atm

im worried about that sex drive thing

Shit I'll keep an eye out for that, although I've always had more problems with the highs than the lows.

your on Sup Forums your not having sex

oh shit dude you right xd

Alright man lets talk. You were just in a hospital, no? Whats the diagnosis? Nobody gave me the inside view on life after hospitalization. ill help u out if u wanna talk,

I'm not OP, man, it isn't that bad for me. High-functioning all the way.

I'll still spill my guts if you want to hear it, but I feel like it's common courtesy to let OP go first.