The Earth is an oblate spheroid

The Earth is an oblate spheroid.
Prove me wrong.

No need. You are correct.

This is why flat earth threads will always prevail.

Just about everything in space is a Sphere, anyone who knows that how things were forming after the big bang would know that.

o rly?

LMAO What solid proof do you've other then what someone claims online?
Name one reliable source that ever made it into space that discredits everything NASA has said and proved.

I've been wondering, why don't we see any flat earth models where Antarctica is in the center? You'd figure there would be some.

*Geoid you fuck

Because there is a consistent supply of idiots who will believe weak flat earth evidence they saw on you tube coming into the world.

>Geoid
>literally: earth shaped
They really phoned it in when coming up with that term

North and South poles are where the cold parts of Earth are. Land goes all the way around Earth. The reason water doesn't cover a lot of land like people claim it should is because land is higher up so water can't reach However when you take at look at the east coast of the US that's low land which is way if the ice was to melt that would add so much more water on this planet that it would flood the east coast of the US all way to the Mississippi

No, it's because idiots on Sup Forums will argue with you if you say something incorrect, regardless of how obviously incorrect it is. Sort of like I'm doing right now... shit.

It's GEOID. It's more like a random rock, than a spheroid or even ellipsoid.

>Arguing
>doesn't come up with any arguments.

It's almost like that's what its called then, not an oblate spheroid as OP as ridiculously claimed

Ever wonder why NASA doesn't waste there time trying to convince to believe what they tell you?
It's because it's your free will to believe ANYTHING you want if you wanna believe the Earth is shaped like a foot ball hey have fun!

NASA has post out tons of images everyone discredits them it's like religion you either believe or you don't no one is gonna make you change your thoughts.

>not recognizing a counterpoint
I can't help you when you're this retarded

By that logic we should just call Mars a martioid

You're sort of correct, although not actually random.

It's the shape the earth should be based on the distrubution of mass.

As working out that distribution precisely is extremely difficult, we tend to estimate it.

Sea level should fit the geoid, but it doesn't because of our impreciseness of our understanding of the geoid. This is why satellite scanning programmes like GOCE and the newer one GRACE are so important.

IBB4 I looked it up on wikipedia. I'm a postgrad Tectonic Geomorphologist.

pointless arguing with these autists

Doesn't really apply to me as I followed a career in geology but one thing we do agree on - religion is bullshit,

Please explain how michelson morley experiment, set up to prove heliocentricity proved the opposite.
Explain how james bradleys experiment results 1729 regarding the motion of space/earth... or the results of the michelson gayle tests in 1925.
Airy's failure in 1871

Fuck off with your nasa bullshit m8.

English not first language. Sorry

You brought them up. Perhaps you should explain them for us and tell us how they prove what you believe?

He'll either:
a) get abusive because you called him out
b) say 'do some research'

If u dont already know you have already proven my point that ur a faggot.

Lol, it was a)

How does my sexual orientation affect the shape of the earth?

u gonna join the national recon office? that org creeps me right the fuck out

You a psychic?

Not a career move I was planning on.

Also not an US citizen and no plan to work over there.

theres a hill outside my house. oblate spheroids don't have hills

They do, even seemingly smooth surfaces have ridges, canyons and hills if you look close enough

Any theory that suggests NASA is faking photos just for lulz is a fucking retarded one.

Not perfect oblate spheroids