So I finally fell for the meme and listened to pic related. It's actually pretty good

So I finally fell for the meme and listened to pic related. It's actually pretty good.
I often hear that it was a very influential album, but what sort of stuff did it influence?

Of course it's good lol

Underground music

Drug abuse

They say this album didn't sell a lot of records, but that every person who bought it started a band, and that's exactly what happened when a record store in Liverpool sold this album to a kid named Paul McCartney.

whoa if true

It's definitely true

Most any rock considered today to be "alternative" is more likely than not directly inspired by this.

Also true of Coltrane whose Ascension and Meditations were hugely inspired by Run Run Run and European Son.

t. beatles fan

Krautrock, which led to the birth of electronic music, which has been the dominant style of my music, in some form, since the late 70s. It also inspired punk rock, so in other words: literally everything that came after it.

Punk, Noise rock, Post-rock, Alternative/indie rock, and a vulgar and deadpan treatment of the topics of sex and drug abuse.

quads dont lie

the album came out in 1967, the beatles already had rubber soul, revolver, and sgt pepper's that year, Paul McCartney wasn't some kid he was one of the most famous people in the world

Paul McCartney was born in 1953. Do the math, dickwad. 1967 - 1953 = 14. Paul McCartney was a kid and he started the Beatles a couple years later. Do your research before you post

>that tfw when you realize how far music evolved in 47 years

>born 1942
already had two better albums than this contrived garbage, pretty impressive

>What sort of stuff did it influence?

If it weren't for VU we wouldn't have bands like Television, or The Dream Syndicate. (And this might be a bit of a stretch, but I believe Blank Generation by Richard Hell and The Voidoids has a bit of VU influence too)

Cool story, bro.

Nigga, you hilarious!

Helped create punk, noise rock, more "deviant" genres.

just got around to listening too, op. was also really damn good. "heroin" has been a favorite of mine since. but yeah, no this album influenced and birthed many genres of music since its release. punk, alternative, diy music and other shit came in the wave of this album.

TVU < WL/WH < TVU&N