Ask a firefighter-paramedic anything

Ask a firefighter-paramedic anything.

Houston Fire for 6 years.

you on night shift ?

when will the world end?

We work 24s, so night shift is just the second half of day shift... but no, off tonight/tomorrow.

If you could change one thing in your city permanently, that is possible without repercussions, what would it be?

Also,

What is your favorite sammich?

2012, because Mayans

So whats the story on the people who were taken by FEMA after Hurricane Harvey?
I heard they were put on a prison ship.

Wouldn't repercussions be the point of changing something?

But assuming what you meant without my innate pedantry, I'd like a system for providing for the homeless which takes the burden off of police/fire/ERs-- free rooms and food with some basic medical attention readily accessible or something.

Favorite sammich: a proper Cuban.

They're zombie-like slaves by now, serving God-Emperor Trump's wishes.

How many niggers have you killed/let die?

I heard they were killing off people and then letting their bodies go out to sea LMAO genus.

Quite a few people have died in my presence, despite my best efforts.

In my experience, most homeless have no desire to actually have a home, but would rather live as a wandering mooching druggie.

>Experience-was homeless for 3yrs.

I met a handful of em who actually wanted to put in the effort to get off the streets.

Nope, that's #fakenews, they were all taken to be loyal servants to God-Emperor Trump.

Why do you resort to violence with fires instead of attempting peaceful negotiations?

We as a society created this job purely to fight. Borderline barbaric.

Yeah, very true. There are some neat experiments around the world with "stay as you like, go if you want to" free housing being available to the homeless, and it seems like it does take a significant burden off of the taxpayer to just give it to em.

What's it like being paid shit tier wage but being a critical member of society?

CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKERS TRUMP TRAIN NEVER ENDS, WINNING SINCE DAY ONE YA FUCK NUGGETS. THROW HILLARY IN PRISON FOR TRAITOROUS DEALINGS YA MOOKS.

Never encountered a trump supporter who acts like this. However I have encountered many liberals who actually tell me their trigger words and require safe spaces.

I'm going with the people who aren't so fuckin sensitive.

Do you know who I am you libcuck? I graduated top of my fire class, and know at least 200 moves with which to put out a fire through force. Your libtard ideals will only get you more violence, even when you idiots outlaw things being on fire, the criminals will still be on fire because THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT LAWS.

how many poor fuckers have you had to go scrape off the road?

Dude extend this, but more fire related weirdness and I'll spread it as a new copypasta.

Love the job and they pay is terrible.

I think the opposite would be worse, though, so I'm pretty happy.

FUCK THE ASTROS

Would you save a nigger?

A lot, and a few times literally.

I got bored. Feel free to keep going.

I'll save anybody I can, even when they spit at me.

I HATE being spat at.

why do you give a shit about people who don't respect you, you honestly shouldn't

I've got family in houston fire dept!

Then why is it fires never erupt in no fire zones?

Honestly? Because half of all people are of below-average intelligence. There are a ton of retards out there.

I can help people with my skills and knowledge, and I like doing it, so I don't discriminate against retards or assholes.

Do you realize the Yankees and the Dodgers let the Astros win because of a natural disaster?

Tell them to go work for a better-paying department which will also be of less risk to their life.

I would love to. I worry about him. He loves it though.

Sheep you've been reading too much fakenews, "no fire zones" are some of the most on fire on the entire country, but the lib media won't show that to you because they're too busy licking Hillary's clit.

That was really nice of them, they're some stand-up dudes.

(still feels awesome)

Sick bastard has the same mental illnesses I do, apparently.

Been there for a very long time now. Some how everyone knows him. I have only met one single houston fireman that didn't know him. I don't know if everyone knows each other or what.

There are 4000+ of us, but if you've been around for a long time, chances are most people have crossed your path.

Can you give me a clue?

Fellow Houstonion here. About to leave for work. Are you attending (Or working?) the parade today?

Attending, hellllll yeah

Nice! Go Stros! Pk... no more phone posting otherwise you'll have to come scrape me off 290

I'm not quite sure what I can say without giving too much out. I'm pretty paranoid about that kind of thing. He's been to quite a few stations over the years. I'm not entirely sure what he's like at the station but he's fairly religious and comes from a semi redneck family. Doesn't smoke or drink or anything.

Anyone ever pull any great pranks on you when you were a probie?
Greetings from a small FD in Oregon

Pf, not my problem, I ain't working tonight. But yeah don't text and drive, if nobody texted or drove drunk there would basically be no accidents.

Yeah, I understand, same here-- I'm just posting for shits and giggles but I still wouldn't give away anything that could let people figure out who I am.

Small thing you can do: never thank him for his service. It always sounds hollow. But let him know that you're thankful that it's HIM out there, because of your faith in him.

Cheers mate!

I got got by the "call the station pretending to be dispatch, and dispatch a fire call to the station's address" prank, which ended with me running into the bay and getting soaked by everybody.

I pull that on every rookie I get because I love it.

American FDs may be quite good, but your EMS is shitty AF tbh
Most of the time, you only load and go...

Houston's is good as fuck, look us up.

Ive been to murica just once(CA), and broke my arm
Called 911
They came with their truck
And both "paramedics" didnt have any clue what to do
I just got into their car and got driven to the hospital
No painkillers at all...

Im working as an paramedic by myself here in western europe...if u did this here u would have lost your job..

1. Sorry if you had a bad experience... I'm sure you know one bad experience may not be representative of the whole system

2. You got into a car? Not an ambulance? What city was this?

Kek, pissed dodger fan I bet,

Thinking about becoming a fire fighter....is 31 y/o too late??

Most big departments have cutoffs around 35 you should be good. ....

y tho

>1. Sorry if you had a bad experience... I'm sure you know one bad experience may not be representative of the whole system
Thnx m8
But i talked to a lot of people(in the hospital and later in the hotel) and most of them said it wasnt quite as good as in other countries they visited
>2. You got into a car? Not an ambulance? What city was this?
I cant call this thing an ambulance, it was more truck-likely.
I guess it was an ambulanc, but i was quite comfused

Bakersfield CA

Good to know. Thanks.

Yeah its been on my mind for a long time. Been working in AG for most of my 20s. I fucking hate working in office environments so I need that hands on effort and of course other personal reasons.

I got ice cream with laxatives in it. Also a bag of ice on my lap so when we got a medical I had to walk around like an asshole with a huge wet spot. Good times.

If it wasn't an ambulance you weren't being transported by an emergency service, at least not officially.

Maybe they were just being lazy, but also maybe they were trying to save you a lot of money or imagined that getting you to the hospital quicker was better than waiting for medics who can legally administer painkillers (in some places, it could take a long time to get painkillers to your location).

I don't know if these might have been the case, but they're at least plausible.

>If it wasn't an ambulance you weren't being transported by an emergency service, at least not officially.
The car lokked like a regular f150 with smth ambulancestyled thing mounted on to it
>Maybe they were just being lazy, but also maybe they were trying to save you a lot of money or imagined that getting you to the hospital quicker was better than waiting for medics who can legally administer painkillers (in some places, it could take a long time to get painkillers to your location).
May lazy, may stupid
I cant tell
All i know is, that i didnt made any good experiences with EMS in the states
I dont quite get which paramedic is allowed to do anythng...
A buddy omce explained it to me, but i forgot it
>I don't know if these might have been the case, but they're at least plausible.
Yeah..

were you on a stretcher?

>were you on a stretcher?
Whats that?

The bed with rolley wheels on which you can be moved. Maybe called a gurney?

>The bed with rolley wheels on which you can be moved. Maybe called a gurney?
(sorry m8 im from germany, i looked it up an yeah)
Lookded roughly the same as pic rel
(pic from "our" cars lel)

Didn't the nigger mayor cut yalls benefits?
Why is it so hard to join the HFD? 'cause they hire mostly minorities

Greetings from Massachusetts OP Chelsea FD.

No it’s fuckin not they just got massive cuts they don’t even have air ride suspension anymore on the ambulances

I know this is weird but this image turns me on

Fellow medic here. Work for a private hospital have never worked fire. What equipment do y'all use? We got the newest Phillips monitor its pretty solid. The new LifePack 15s are dope as shit I wish the hospital would invest in some for us. Striker stretchers of course. We carry the blue Thomas pack that wears like a backpack. A private service in our area has the rolling Thomas pack that looks retarded as fuck